• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will do. I´ve got me some bugs to sort out before this, though. When I attempt to merge a newly deployed unit (reinforcent) with a previously existing one, I get a CTD. Got any idea why?

After the Carranza faction win the Revolution in 1914, if they win! There should be an event that gets rid of all Revolutionary and Federal Units and events to create the new armies. The victory event would get rid of all units on both MEX and U07, and trigger this U07 event if the U07 faction doesn't accept Carranza. If they do, then the MEx event happens both ways.

Heres what i think should happen to MEX after Carranza wins:

Constitutionalist Army!
After Huertas defeat Carranza reformed the Constitutionalist army to fight the new Conventionalist threat from Villa and Zapata. 4 new armies were set up, each under able Generals such as Obregon.
A) Vive la revoltuion!
gives Mexcio:
Army of Operations (under Obregon, with 4 Divisions in the north facing Villa)
Army of the East (with 2 Divisions facing east)
Army of the West ( 2 Divisions facing Western Mexico)
Army of Mexico (1 Division facing Zapata in the South)

This is an event for Rev.Mex:

The Conventionalist Army!
After Huertas defeat the Conventionalists wanted Carranza out and set out by declaring war on the Constitutionalist faction. Now the forces of Villa and Zapata are ready to take on the forces of Obregon and Carranza in the new war for Mexico!
B. Vive Villa e Zapata!
Gives Rev Mex:
El Ejército Libertador del Sur (under Zapata in the south, 1 Inf Div, 1 Militia Div)
Ejército del norte (under Villa with 1 Cavalry Division called Division del Norte, 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Militia Division)

If you can make any sense out of this, then please be my geust.

As you probably know, we currrently don't have any (or maybe just a few) brigades in our Grand Campaign OOBs. There was some discussion about artillery brigades here - I think this post is the most important one. Anyway, I wish to add brigades to OOB's, so I would ask someone with appropriate data to calculate the amount of logistics, communications, engineer and cavalry brigades for nations. Also, additional help for artillery can't make any harm. :)

Nothing, huh? Then, can someone help me with mobilization events? I could edit them so that they activate dormant units instead to just add divisions. For that, I need division names and mobilization point.

Russia mobilizes 32 infantry divisions in 3 waves. Locations are there, but not names (12 in Warsaw, 10 in Petrograd, 5 in Irkutsk and 5 in Ufa).

France mobilizes 12 reserve and 8 infantry divisions in the first wave, plus 17 infantry divisions in the second wave. Names exist, but not the location.

Germany mobilizes 12 reserve divisions in first wave, and 6 in the second one. Both names and location are unknown to me.

British event is already done in this fashion, and I have data for the Serbian. So I only need data for these three nations. Can anyone help?

jova said:
Russia mobilizes 32 infantry divisions in 3 waves. Locations are there, but not names (12 in Warsaw, 10 in Petrograd, 5 in Irkutsk and 5 in Ufa).
I’ve had a look at the data for Russia. The first thing to note is that the locations for mobilisation given in the event have no historical basis. :)

Russia raised a total of 32 reserve infantry divisions following mobilisation, as stated in the event. I believe that splitting them up into three waves is simply a way to depict the slow and inefficient nature of Russian mobilisation: in theory they were all raised simultaneously. Still, dividing them into three waves seems like a good idea to me; we’ll just have to use judgement on which ones appear when. However, all of these divisions were in action by October 1914; having the later ones not appear until 1915 is too late IMO.

These are the actual divisions and locations:

Moscow Military District:
53 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
54 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
55 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
56 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
57 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
59 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
61 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
72 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
73 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
81 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

St Petersburg Military District:
67 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
68 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
74 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Kiev Military District:
58 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
60 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
65 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
69 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
70 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
78 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
79 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Odessa Military District:
62 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
63 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
64 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
71 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
80 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Kazan Military District:
77 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
82 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
83 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
84 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Caucasus Military District:
66 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Warsaw Military District:
75 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Vilna Military District:
76 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

In addition, the following units were also raised on mobilisation, but are not currently included in the events:

Infantry (reserve) units:

Irkutsk Military District:
12 Sibirskaya Str. Diviziya
13 Sibirskaya Str. Diviziya

Omsk Military District:
14 Sibirskaya Str. Diviziya

Cavalry units:

Don Cossacks:
3 Donskaya Kazachya Diviziya
4 Donskaya Kazachya Diviziya
5 Donskaya Kazachya Diviziya

Kuban Cossacks:
1 Kubanskaya Kazachya Diviziya
2 Kubanskaya Kazachya Diviziya

Terek Cossacks:
Terekskaya Kazachya Diviziya

Ural Cossacks:
Uralskaya Kazachya Diviziya

jova said:
France mobilizes 12 reserve and 8 infantry divisions in the first wave, plus 17 infantry divisions in the second wave. Names exist, but not the location.

Calling them infantry is overstating it, I think. These were second and even third-rate troops. Also, I'm not sure where exactly those numbers come from... As for locations, I've no idea. Divide them up equally between the main French population centres, I'd say...

25 Reserve Divisions:

51ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
52ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
53ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
54ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
55ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
56ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
57ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
58ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
59ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
60ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
61ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
62ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
63ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
64ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
65ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
66ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
67ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
68ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
69ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
70ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
71ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
72ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
73ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
74ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
75ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)

11 Territorial Divisions:

81ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
82ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
83ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
84ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
85ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
86ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
87ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
88ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Reserves)
89ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
91ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)
92ème Division d'Infanterie (treat as Militia)

(There was no 90th Division)

Brilliant, Stephen! Thanks! :)

Now if you could just make the similar post for Germany...

StephenT said:
These are the actual divisions and locations:

Moscow Military District:
53 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
54 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
55 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
56 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
57 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
59 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
61 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
72 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
73 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
81 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

St Petersburg Military District:
67 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
68 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
74 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Kiev Military District:
58 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
60 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
65 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
69 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
70 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
78 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
79 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Odessa Military District:
62 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
63 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
64 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
71 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
80 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Kazan Military District:
77 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
82 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
83 Pekhotnaya Diviziya
84 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Caucasus Military District:
66 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Warsaw Military District:
75 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

Vilna Military District:
76 Pekhotnaya Diviziya

These divisions should be reserves, right?

jova said:
These divisions should be reserves, right?
Yes.

I'm not really sure about Germany: I was under the impression that all their OOB was going to be included from the start, rather than being added through a mobilisation event. Then someone wrote a German mobilisation event for TGW anyway... perhaps you should ask them what it represents? :rolleyes: :)

Checking the sourcebook, Germany does get the following divisions in late summer/autumn 1914, so these could be used for names:

4. Ersatz Infanteriedivision
8. Ersatz Infanteriedivision
10. Ersatz Infanteriedivision
19. Ersatz Infanteriedivision
Garde Ersatz Infanteriedivision
Bayerische Ersatz Infanteriedivision

(Treat as Reserves, start the Garde EID in Berlin, the Bayerische EID in München and the others in one of the Ruhr provinces. I'm guessing these are the 6 divisions listed in the event for the second wave)

As for the others: although the initial OOB has lots of Landwehr brigades, there are no Landwehr divisions listed. So possibly these should be the units in the other event. The following names can be used:

2. Landwehrdivision
3. Landwehrdivision
4. Landwehrdivision
5. Waldow Landwehrdivision
6. Bayerische Landwehrdivision
10. Landwehrdivision
11. von Einem Landwehrdivision
16. Königsberg Landwehrdivision
18. Bredow Landwehrdivision

The 3, 4, 10, 11, 16 and 18th divisions should be spread evenly along the border with Russia (The 16th division was also called the 'Königsberg Division', so guess where that one goes... ;) ). The Bayerische one (6) goes in München again, and the others (2, 5) in Alsace-Lorraine. I'm tempted to make these Garrison units.

That leaves 3 unaccounted for. You could make two of them the 1. and 2. Marine Infanteriedivision. (These would be reserves). Maybe add one more garrison unit as a 'Metz Garrison'?

Great, only one more question. I was thinking about represeting German Reserveinfanterie divisions as the most advanced RES model they have researched, and Landwehr and Ersatz units as one level lower (except these garrisons). Do you think that is appropriate?

jova said:
Great, only one more question. I was thinking about represeting German Reserveinfanterie divisions as the most advanced RES model they have researched, and Landwehr and Ersatz units as one level lower (except these garrisons). Do you think that is appropriate?
Not really, no. The German Reserveinfanteriedivisionen should be treated as normal Infantry... they were well trained, fully equipped, and used on the front lines from the very start of the war. Also, unlike most countries which stuck anyone capable of breathing and pulling a trigger into the reserves, the Germans were much more selective - only about 50% of the eligible men of each age group were called up. That made the quality of the manpower used in these reserve divisions much higher than average too.

In many ways this was Germany's secret weapon - the main reason the French carried out their Plan XVII attacks was because they believed that the German reserve divisions were weaker, and so they (the French) would have an advantage in the opening battles. They were wrong...

Landwehr and Ersatz should be classed as Reserve divisions, though.

Jus a thought - the French territorial divisions: perhaps the ones I've listed as Miltia should be Garrisons instead.

Militia should probably only be used for irregular and disorganised troops - native levies from the colonies, or Freikorps/Red Guards-type units in Europe.

Yes, garrisons are immobile. These are, after all, Territorial divisions... defending a territory is what they're for. :) I'd deploy them in provinces with fortifications and along the Italian border to start with.

StephenT said:
Yes, garrisons are immobile. These are, after all, Territorial divisions... defending a territory is what they're for. :) I'd deploy them in provinces with fortifications and along the Italian border to start with.

Sounds rather inflexible to me. Why not simply treat them as reserve divisions (albeit somewhat underpowered) and let the player move them around?

Allenby said:
Sounds rather inflexible to me. Why not simply treat them as reserve divisions (albeit somewhat underpowered) and let the player move them around?
a) It's historical... each country did have plenty of static troops used for fortress defence, protecting borders and behind-the-lines garrison duty.
b) It matches HoI2, where many countries do start with a few garrison units in their OOB. (And often build more)
c) Inflexibility, in a simulation of WW1, is a good thing... you make it sound bad.
d) Having fewer troops with the ability to move might possibly make the war in Europe last 4 years instead of the current 6 months. :)
e) The player can move garrison divisions around, you know. Over long distances they're just as quick as standard infantry. It's only [counter]attacking that they have a problem with.
f) As Jova said, level 1 Reserves will promptly be upgraded to the most modern model. The French continued to use their Territorial divisions as static, behind-the-lines garrisons throughout the war, with the exception of a few units later redesignated Active Divisions and used in the front lines (these are the ones I've suggested treating as Reserve instead of Garrison in my list).

Whatever, I don't mind. As long as I don't have to code it.
ja.gif

The Italians had 60,000 troops deployed in Libya in 1914 to fight the Senussi, but our order of battle features none there at all.

If we can find the exact order of battle for Libya in 1914 - and I doubt we shall - then very good. However, would anyone object if we were to move approximately four Italian divisions from the mainland and place them in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania? I think Tripoli and Benghazi could do with small garrison units anyway...
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

Allenby said:
The Italians had 60,000 troops deployed in Libya in 1914 to fight the Senussi, but our order of battle features none there at all.

If we can find the exact order of battle for Libya in 1914 - and I doubt we shall - then very good. However, would anyone object if we were to move approximately four Italian divisions from the mainland and place them in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania? I think Tripoli and Benghazi could do with small garrison units anyway...
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

Tell me which units to move, or wait until I finish editing OOBs for mobilisation and then edit it yourself. We don't want to lose any data by overwriting. :eek:o

Allenby said:
If we can find the exact order of battle for Libya in 1914 - and I doubt we shall - then very good.
In Tripolitania:
Four infantry brigades (1. Tripoli, 2. Tripoli, 3. Taranto, 4. Udine)
One cavalry brigade (Libia)

In Fezzan:
Two infantry brigades (RCTCT, RCTCS)
One light infantry brigade (1. Expeditionary)
1 irregular cavalry brigade (Libia)

Italian garrisons were situated at Tripoli, Ghadames, Sirte, Giofra, Sebha and Ghat.

There were two brigades to a division in the Italian army of this period.