• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jeray2000

Private
72 Badges
Aug 19, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
One Night Ultimate Werewolf

All the action of Werewolf, condensed into one night.
The Rules:

Everyone will be assigned a role by the GM. There will be a night phase, during which everyone shall perform actions, but not discuss anything in the main thread. Night phase will last 24 hours. After night phase and all actions are performed, day phase will occur and players will attempt to determine whom among them are innocent and whom are werewolves. They will vote, and the player(s) with the most votes at the end of the day shall die. If at least one werewolf dies, the villagers win. If no werewolves die, the wolves win. In the edge case in which there are no werewolves present, the village needs to have no votes on anyone to win, or else everyone loses. Whether you win or lose is determined by your role at the end of the game, not the role you were originally assigned.

There is to be no communication outside of this thread. No PMs or discussion in other threads.

All official voting in day phase is done through your Role PM. You may state whom you intend to vote or lie about whom you intend to vote in the game thread, but only your PM vote is official.

Deadline is currently at 18:00 GMT.

The roles:
Possible roles will be randomly drawn from the following pool. One a role is assigned, it is removed from the pool.
3 player game:
2 Werewolves: Werewolves are told who each other are when given their role, but are not allowed privately communicate.
1 Seer: Can request one other person's role, or be told two random roles that were left in the pool. First in nightly order.
1 Robber: Switches their role with one other person's. They are told their new role. Second in nightly order.
1 Troublemaker: Switches the roles of two other players. Third in nightly order.
1 Villager: No special powers.

4 person game:
1 additional villager.

5 person game:
1 additional villager.

Example game:

Alice receives Werewolf. Bob receives Werewolf. Charlie receives Seer. David receives Troublemaker. Two villager cards and 1 robber card are left in the pool Alice and Bob see they are both Werewolves. Charlie looks at the Pool, sees 1 robber card and 1 villager card, and knows there is at least 1 Werewolf in the game. David switches Alice and Charlie's cards. There is discussion on who did what, and who has what role. The group ends with Alice and Bob voting David, Charlie and David voting Bob. Alice and Charlie win.

Players:
1. alynkio
2. Panzer Commader
3. Avernite
4. alxeu
5. Cymsdale

Last edited:
In, I think that makes 5?

What, exactly, are you told if you are a role-switch victim.

Nothing. Only the robber gets to look at the new role they get and only they will know their role was swapped. The two players whose roles were swapped by the troublemaker will not know anything nor will the robber's victim. However, the robber won't know if the troublemaker proceeds to swap their new role with someone else's so even they can't be completely sure. That's part of the point of ONUW. Some people will believe they are one role while being another entirely. Trying to piece together what happened in the night and who has what role is vital and since the troublemaker and robber act after the seer and the wolves, the information those two have can be unreliable.

Just some general hints from someone who has played:
-There are two wolves and three cards in the middle. This means it is entirely possible there are no wolves. I strongly suggest players wait until most of the discussion is over before making voting decisions because if anyone votes in a wolfless game you all lose.

-On the other hand, ties work like they do in all of our games and as long as you kill a wolf you win even if you kill a villager while doing it. Ties can be a good way to maximize your chances but are obviously risky in such a small game.

-Remember that night actions are based on the roles they originally got. Just because someone claims seer doesn't mean they are anymore and even a robber who said they stole a villager role may have been swapped by the troublemaker after that. This also means that if a robber stole the troublemaker's role, the original troublemaker still acts during the night.

-Try to track people's roles. People will act based on the role they think they have, not their actual role. If someone is acting very wolfish but you later find out their role actually belongs to another player from the troublemaker, it's actually that second player who becomes very suspicious and not the player acting wolfish.

-Seer. Checking the middle is actually your best move sometimes. Checking someone's role tells you a role that is definitely in the game and might help verify claims (i.e. if you see the troublemaker role and someone else is claiming troublemaker, you know they're lying), but roles will bounce around so it's rare you can trust someone you scanned. Looking at two in the middle can be helpful. It can tell you what roles were not in the game and can give you info on potential number of wolves or how much role swapping might have happened.

-Robber. If you stole from a wolf, watch them. If they are following along with someone often, that might be the other werewolf if there are two in the game. You can also either follow along with them and basically gain an extra wolf as they believe they are a wolf or if they're making themselves look bad you can point that out and try to get them lynched so you can win as a wolf.

-Troublemaker. You're honestly probably best off revealing what you did at some point. Proving you started as the troublemaker is actually the quickest way to clear yourself as you are the one role in the basic setup that couldn't have become a wolf, because you can't swap your own role so the only way your role was swapped was by the robber who is a villager.

Glad to see the game filled up quickly! I will assign roles now. Night Deadline will be at 18:00 GMT Tuesday, Day Deadline will be at 18:00 GMT Wednesday. If that deadline doesn't work for anyone, speak up, I can extend it/contract it fairly easily. I don't think Night Deadline would need to be change though, there's not much to do during nights.

Edit: Made a mistake and said 6:00 GMT instead of 18:00 GMT.

Last edited:
Glad to see the game filled up quickly! I will assign roles now. Night Deadline will be at 6:00 GMT Tuesday, Day Deadline will be at 6:00 GMT Wednesday. If that deadline doesn't work for anyone, speak up, I can extend it/contract it fairly easily. I don't think Night Deadline would need to be change though, there's not much to do during nights.

Hmm 6 GMT is not idea at all for me. It's 9am. I could live with it if we had to, but what is the maximum it could be extended to? (It's summer so 1:00 GMT might be okay for me as it's 4am. 1pm my time/10 GMT is also fine probably as I'll have woken up by then)

Hmm 6 GMT is not idea at all for me. It's 9am. I could live with it if we had to, but what is the maximum it could be extended to? (It's summer so 1:00 GMT might be okay for me as it's 4am. 1pm my time/10 GMT is also fine probably as I'll have woken up by then)

I just realized I made a mistake and forgot to convert from 12 hour time to 24 hour time. I meant 18:00 GMT.

Rules update: I forgot to mention, all official voting in day phase is done through your Role PM. You may state whom you intend to vote or lie about whom you intend to vote in the game thread during Day Phase, but only your PM vote is official.
Just like in The Resistance :D Maybe this micro werewolf is the superior form of werewolf after all