• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stillard

Corporal
67 Badges
Mar 13, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hi, I recently bought the last two expansions and I put my eye on the spanish achievements. I had no trouble winning the SCW as the anarchists and neither winning back the rock, but I can't seem to figure out on how to get this one. I've seen a couple of youtube videos of older versions doing extremely cheese strategies such as insta winning the SCW, etc, which are no longer available and I'm not fond on doing cheese strategies.
Has anyone managed to achieve it in the current version? I can't win the SCW as the carlists before 1940s and by that time the IIWW has started (and France is in the allies) or France is so buffed up I can't imposible win.
Thanks in advance!

I have done that recently. Dont know if I can help you, but just some thoughts:

1. You should start the game in ahistoric, so that france might not join the allies . That worked when i did it

2. You have to win the civil war much earlier. At best already in 37. Some tips:

- Use the "secure garrison" decision before the war to split republican spain in half. I connected the northern spain stronghold with the east-coast ,so that catalonia was cut off.
- Dont use the battle-planer
- Use all divisions at the beginning of the war instantly to move as far in republican territory as possible. Try to encircle as many republicans as possible doing so.
- leave the african divisions in Africa at first. You can use them later for an invasion in southern spain:

20201025133526_1.jpg

20201025134711_1.jpg

Doing so the republicans should be gone, before you fire the decision to rise up as carlists. Once again use the decision to gain control over garrisons to split nat. spain in half and once again move as fast as possible and encircle:

20201025141504_1.jpg

20201025143136_1.jpg

3. Now you are there with an minimal number of factories and an armyof 200k, but course of frances low surrender-limit that can be enough.
First go down the focus-tree directly to the focus thats gives an wargoal against france. (I did the portugal focus first , because i thought i would get them for free, but they denied. So that was a waste of time.)
While you do that set up naval invasions to cities with victory points on the french coast.
When you initiate the war: Attack in the south with all you have and wait for the french divisions to come south. When they have, start the naval invasion. Pray that the french navy allows that and that enough cities are empty for an takeover. If you have luck france should surrender:
20201026134740_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I did it back in 1.9, by doing non-historical so France would stay out of the Allies (as mentionned in the post above), plus carefully picking which states would flip to Carlist during the uprising.

The idea is that you should flip states that are far away from the front lines, so you are completely surrounded by Nationalist territory. This has several benefits: first, the Nationalist and Republicain will keep killing each other for a while longer. Second, you will be able to grab more territory for free while the Nationalist redeploy their forces. Third, it make it easy to split their territory and/or create pockets. The Nationalist are your most dangerous enemy due to Axis lend-lease and volunteers, the Republican are easy picking once you have consolidated the Nationalist zone. Then I conquered the Benelux by focus and attacked France from both directions. All done before Germany attacked France.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not a particularly good or fun strategy, but you can also just restart over and over until france picks a bourbon king of its own, and then you merge peacefully.

I did it!!!, I followed your advices so thanks everybody:

1) I won the SCW in the late 1937 following Tsavong advices (I failed at the invasion from the south with the African army so I had the anarchist rebellion fired and I had to fight them apart from the nationalist, but it wasn't much trouble). I got the republicans split in 3 (catalonia, the north and the south) and by micromanaging and not using battleplans I quickly killed the catalonian and northern pockets. After that I pushed hard to the south (I tried to do it with two fronts with the African army but I failed and only got Malaga with them). I almost got them killed before the 2nd civil war started but I wasn't fast enough.
2) 2nd SCW fired when I was close to winning the 1st one. I quickly rushed towards the victory points and I insta killed the nationalist. After that finishing the anarchists was a piece of cake.
3) I was playing ahistorical so France didn't join the allies and they got in a civil war against the communist. I waited for their civil war to end and after that I declared war on them. I rushed to Paris (which is extremely easy doing from the south, I didn't need to naval invade them) and got some VP in the south and after that they surrendered.

That's all, thanks everybody for all your advices.

OKTC.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: