• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ben Kenobi

Major
2 Badges
Dec 30, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Just a quick little AAR here that I wanted to publish a few screenies. It's been a project of mine to take a one province Count in CK- Deus Vult to answer the eternal question.

What would happen if you took every single county? Is it even possible? Does the game still work? The answer to all of these questions - is yes.

The interesting part - is how. It's not immediately obvious the path that one needs to take to actually accomplish this. I had many stops and starts, due to both game mechanics and my immortal enemy - bugs. But, I have finally overcome all the Bugs.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end, then stop" - Lewis Carroll

Our first sign that this isn't quite your usual game is the title screen. Clicking on the King level titles gives you the Empire of Byzantium.

Kaplyon1_zpsr0kdq97d.png

Clicking on the count level titles... gives you *this*.

Kaplyon2_zpsczy4wo6d.png

Kaplyon3_zpsa8pij3wk.png

Here we can see a few more things. And gosh isn't that a pretty shade of purple.

I have a demesne of 850. I have a maximum demesne size of about 24. I am earning a whopping 0.0 percent of my demesne income. It's also October 12th, 1297. Just a month after Wallace defeats the English at the Battle of Stirling Bridge.

So how do we get there from here?

My name is Mozes Kaplyon and let me tell you the story of how I brought my tribe to the Promised Land.

Kaplyon4_zpsxi8inipx.png

My name is Mihaly Kapylon. I drew this myself.

Kaplyon5_zpsi6mzyhrz.png

This is my wife, Maria Akos. An austere beauty, she is a crafty merchant who controls the purse strings. Energetic too, which makes for lively nights in the bedroom.

Kaplyon6_zpsxjigqmdr.png

These are my four daughters, all under the age of four. Csilla, Orsolya, Eszter and Irene.

Thanks Crusader Kings. That's *exactly* what I need when I am over 30 and have no heir.

Kaplyon7_zpsmziq3rdv.png

This is my realm. I am the count of Bereg, a vassal of the King of Hungary in the Northern Carpathians. It is now January 10th, 1071. I have command of an amazing 192 men.

For the last five years, we have been a quiet little backwater. All that is about to change.

Hello Ben Kenobi! I appreciate anyone starting an AAR in the CKI forum, as I have started one myself, being a big CKI fan. The premise of this looks great, and it's funny too. I will be following.