• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're using a eu4 border mod

Mods are not what is so special this time, although it's true I'm using a lot of mods this time.
You're using more than 2 dlc's

You're using more than 2 dlc's
The fact I'm using DLC is special enough, having 5 DLC (of which 4 'major' ones) is pure epic this time :p! I knew it would be easy but still congratulations Adamgerd and of course credits to @atwix for guessing right beforehand. You can name your prize Adamgerd :).

I will update the original post and give the details as promised.

The prize is for you to own all the grey, blue and yellow land (representing Prussia and Austria in 1820) including the non-german territories.
Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 1.36.45 PM.png

Subscribed!

The prize is for you to own all the grey, blue and yellow land (representing Prussia and Austria in 1820) including the non-german territories.
View attachment 291453
That's going to be difficult as one of the goals (I updated the OP, definitely check it out all) is to take nothing more than the Imperial German lands (as a somewhat building-tall approach). I could however make a client state Austria-Hungary and conquer those provinces in its name and give it to it! I don't know for sure if that works though, does anybody knows if that works, no rules disallowing client states to have that much land or anything else which might prevent me from doing that? I'm sure as long as the name "German Empire" goes no further than any German lands on the map, there won't be any problem with owning other lands 'indirectly' ;). I hope it doesn't trouble you, I definitely want you to get the prize you want.

Subscribed!
Glad to have you along too loup :).

That's going to be difficult as one of the goals (I updated the OP, definitely check it out all) is to take nothing more than the Imperial German lands (as a somewhat building-tall approach). I could however make a client state Austria-Hungary and conquer those provinces in its name and give it to it! I don't know for sure if that works though, does anybody knows if that works, no rules disallowing client states to have that much land or anything else which might prevent me from doing that? I'm sure as long as the name "German Empire" goes no further than any German lands on the map, there won't be any problem with owning other lands 'indirectly' ;). I hope it doesn't trouble you, I definitely want you to get the prize you want.
Yeah, this might work well and there's no rule disallowing this and in fact, client states might make it easier as they have -25% Liberty Desire and do not give the ruler OE, which will make it easier to get that land and also the -25% liberty desire means they can get much larger than normal vassals without rebelling

Yeah, this might work well and there's no rule disallowing this and in fact, client states might make it easier as they have -25% Liberty Desire and do not give the ruler OE, which will make it easier to get that land and also the -25% liberty desire means they can get much larger than normal vassals without rebelling
Perfect, I will take it in the name of my client state Austria-Hungary than! And that's already one nation less I have to worry about messing up the 1914 borders :D.

Timezones do get more confusing when you are comparing northern and southern hemisphere countries around summer/winter time change.

Mods? What has happened to @Tom D. ? Enquiring minds want to know! :p

Timezones do get more confusing when you are comparing northern and southern hemisphere countries around summer/winter time change.

Or when you compare that the timezones aren't always uniform, like Pakistan being 3 hours behind China and connecting through a border or that some countries are 30 mins difference instead

I guess Tom D. got bored of playing vanilla EU4 and so bought dlc's and mods

I'm surprised that you're more surprised about the mods than the DLC :p. And well, as I said in OP, I wanted the full German unification feeling! The times I wanted everything to be plain vanilla are gone. That's why there won't be any achievements this run but I do play Ironman - a handy change when they introduced it. And I already have the relevant achievements.

Or when you compare that the timezones aren't always uniform, like Pakistan being 3 hours behind China and connecting through a border or that some countries are 30 mins difference instead

I guess Tom D. got bored of playing vanilla EU4 and so bought dlc's and mods
Well it's not really because I was tired of vanilla, but I just got really tempted to finally play with some DLC, being able to develop, transfer occupation, etc. I might say DLC are not necessary to enjoy the game and that still is, DLC just make it way funnier. I immensely enjoy features like developing which most people probably got used too very quickly, just because I didn't have that ability since CS came out. I can enjoy the DLC way more now.

Haha. I meant to write DLC. In my defence I haven't slept since Friday morning.

Well it's not really because I was tired of vanilla, but I just got really tempted to finally play with some DLC, being able to develop, transfer occupation, etc. I might say DLC are not necessary to enjoy the game and that still is, DLC just make it way funnier. I immensely enjoy features like developing which most people probably got used too very quickly, just because I didn't have that ability since CS came out. I can enjoy the DLC way more now.
Ah. Still a surprising change for your AAR's or rather 2. I haven't yet seen your holland eu4 one. When do you expect to write the next chapter?

Ah. Still a surprising change for your AAR's or rather 2. I haven't yet seen your holland eu4 one. When do you expect to write the next chapter?
Indeed, that's why I have a different feeling this time - but a good feeling, as was with the other 2, of course! I hope to post the first chapter next weekend, after my exam of philosophy *shivers* on Friday.

Austria-Hungary? But my good @Tom D. ! You need to create Grossdeutschland! It was the ultimate dream of the Pangermanists! So incorporate Austria and create an Hungarian client state instead.;)

Austria-Hungary? But my good @Tom D. ! You need to create Grossdeutschland! It was the ultimate dream of the Pangermanists! So incorporate Austria and create an Hungarian client state instead.;)
No, yeah that was my original prize, but I changed it, because his rules specify creating a Klein Deutschland and it's his AAR after all

We don't need to be contaminated by Austrians who look down upon Prussia: I am an Imperialist, not a pan-Germanist :p! It will be Germans and Germans alone! Besides I love the Imperial borders, don't know why but just look at that gorgeous shape:

German_Empire_1914-Crop-720x340.jpg

We don't want any Austrians or Hungarians spoiling those pretty borders :mad:!

No, yeah that was my original prize, but I changed it, because his rules specify creating a Klein Deutschland and it's his AAR after all
And I really appreciate that you wanted to adapt your prize to my goals - in the end, your prize will make it way easier to exert my influence on Europe and as said to maintain the borders of 1914 easier.

Last edited:
Alright, I might as well see how this plays out.