One Chart To Rule Them All (Comparing all 'Mechs, hardpoints, speed, usable tonnage, melee, etc.)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's not really what I mean by the colors on the available tonnage... that is mostly indicating the best tonnage choices of a given speed, with some honorable mentions for near-best options at the top of a weight/initiative class, and some SLDF cheaters with extra tonnage.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/optimal-tonnage-by-speed.1078884/

fQ6X0lE.png

So for example the Rifleman doesn't have particularly good tonnage because a 75-ton Marauder, for example, could move just as fast as a Rifleman while having 4-6 more tons available.
actually the Rifleman has quite good loadout options for it's tonnage. Comparing it to a 15 ton heavier mech (which only gains 6 tons of loadout space) is simply stupid, although it shines a better light on the good ol' RFL

You forgot to add the Battlemaster BLR-1GB. It's a LosTech variant that you can find in the black market on Mechdur.

;) Not unexpected given the BLT-1GB was new in the update released just yesterday! It was updated fairly quickly after Heavy metal came out so hopefully the same is true this time around

;) Not unexpected given the BLT-1GB was new in the update released just yesterday! It was updated fairly quickly after Heavy metal came out so hopefully the same is true this time around

I didn't know, I started playing Heavy Metal earlier this week and was checking the shops for good gear. I could only find the completed BLT-1GB mech for a steep 23 million, so I figured I'd check the chart to see if it was worth it. Does anyone know which of the new mechs are worth buying? I've been buying the Griffin-2N's salvage pieces so far just to get the double heat sinks off them. They're less than half the price of the Atlas II salvage pieces, so it's a pretty good deal.

Well in that case welcome to the forums - it's a friendly and helpful place to be.

If you mean the new mechs released yesterday its probably too soon for anyone to have a considered opinion, but just eyeballing the descriptions I'm thinking the Marauder 3d and Warhammer 7A look particularly tasty as well as possibly the new Phoenix Hawk and Cataphract

But I can see most of them if not all if them will have their uses and a lot depends on personal style.

Griffin 2N is a nice one and newly buffed as of yesterday's patch. 5JJ and 4 SRM 6 is my usual build but there are lots of good builds

I didn't know, I started playing Heavy Metal earlier this week and was checking the shops for good gear. I could only find the completed BLT-1GB mech for a steep 23 million, so I figured I'd check the chart to see if it was worth it. Does anyone know which of the new mechs are worth buying? I've been buying the Griffin-2N's salvage pieces so far just to get the double heat sinks off them. They're less than half the price of the Atlas II salvage pieces, so it's a pretty good deal.

Everything with built-in DHS is now a must since it's essentially extra flat 10 tons of space in terms of SHS.

Bit of a shame they didn't add more Lostech mediums actually since there are now only 3 optimal choices for the 55 ton restricted missions. Particularly, TBT-3C Trebuchet with DHS, XL Engine and Endo-Steel would fit nicely with the Lostech Crab, P-Hawk and Griffin.

Last edited:
Everything with built-in DHS is now a must since it's essentially extra flat 10 tons of space in terms of SHS.

Bit of a shame they didn't add more Lostech mediums actually since there are now only 3 optimal choices for the 55 ton restricted missions. Particularly, TBT-3C Trebuchet with DHS, XL Engine and Endo-Steel would fit nicely with the Lostech Crab, P-Hawk and Griffin.
Mostly agreed, but a 50-ton 4/6 still has five tons extra space over a Royal Crab, since the only weight-reducing tech it has over a standard Crab is the engine DHS, and it still has the bigger engine for faster speed. If you have the extra DHS you could come out ahead on a Hunchback or Centurion or something, if you're willing to lose the speed and make a compromise on cooling - maybe three or four tons of DHS covers you, instead of all five, and you can use the extra free space for a bigger gun. That's probably the only case where you might still be better off with a non-Royal machine, though.

Mostly agreed, but a 50-ton 4/6 still has five tons extra space over a Royal Crab, since the only weight-reducing tech it has over a standard Crab is the engine DHS, and it still has the bigger engine for faster speed. If you have the extra DHS you could come out ahead on a Hunchback or Centurion or something, if you're willing to lose the speed and make a compromise on cooling - maybe three or four tons of DHS covers you, instead of all five, and you can use the extra free space for a bigger gun. That's probably the only case where you might still be better off with a non-Royal machine, though.

There’s still hardpoints to consider, Hatchetman 3X for instance can use all of them and a hit defense gyro.

Dang, still not updated for 1.9.
Anyone know of a complete chart anywhere?

There's a list on reddit that has the release tier, tech tier, free tonnage, and move speed. It doesn't break down hardpoints per limb, and doesn't list armor at all, but it's good as a quick comparison among all the 'Mechs.

[mod edit: no unapproved links]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay guys, I dropped the ball on this one. It's updated now!

Fixed some errors on BLR-1GB and Phoenix Hawk. Thanks @frozx for the special equipment details, @Hypnotist for the list of mechs with 60 base heatsink, and as always @MasterBLB for his excellent MechDesigner tool!