• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Migthy

History is our playground
18 Badges
Mar 31, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
One Century of War

479091461.jpg

Chapters

23ra3wo.jpg

Last edited:
Best words,for all day,thanks.Also im planing make Great Britian AAR,if time from reall life work will allow

PS

On a current moment,for 9th verison,im did first 20 events if Russia will stand as Republic+there events about economy problems and open civil war Russia vs RSFSR (Kaishek Vs Mao style)

subbed

Good luck! Is this going to be Russian Empire or Soviets?

Chapter I: The Great War

The Assasination

Franz-Ferdinand-008.jpg

June 28, 1914. A normal day here, in my beautiful and huge empire ... but just when I was about to go to sleep, I heard the neighbours speaking about the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, the Archduke of the Austro-Hungarian empire ... well, good news I think ...
Ah .. yea .. it's kinda' strange for me, yes...but I just felt like starting a journal, a man can not die as long as he is leaving something on Earth. :) .. oh yea, just in case, my name is Antonov and I'm 18 years old.
n68ajq.jpg

I just found out that Franz Ferdinand was assassinated by a Serb ! Heh, crazy brothers. .... but now the problem is that the Austro-Hungarians also found out, and they gave the Serbs an ultimatum .. this made them to contact us, and the Czar is giving our brothers the support.....Are we going to war?
2ikdqfn.jpg

July 29, 1914. War ! I can't belive it !! Austria-Hungary invaded Serbia, and the Czar declared war....but ... we are just coming after a crushing defeat from the Russo-Japanese war ... and the revolution which almost destroyed the Empire .. this is crazy!
rtevm0.jpg

In the same day, the Mobilization was declared ... and I was forced into drafting into the army. I will be sent to Warsaw ... I suppose this is good .. there can't be war here, the Austro-Hungarians are not that strong to invade us trough Poland!
67sdhv.jpg

Seeing us mobilizing, the Germans sent the Czar an ultimatum, which was definetely rejected ... that can just mean that Warsaw is no longer a safe city. I'm going straight to the frontline ...
2dkeqkk.jpg

July, 30. The first battles have begun! Meanwhile, I arrived in Warsaw, just to find the others afraid of being encircled. They say that Poland is a perfect place for an encirclement. The Austro-Hungarians from the South and the Germans from the North .. no chance of surviving. Well, I think that this journal won't be very long in these circumstances.
2jcbmva.jpg

The Germans officialy joined the war against the Russian Empire. They are also mobilising ... we need help, I can't say anything more now, I'm not in the mood ... yesterday I was a young farmer, and now I'm supposed to be a mature soldier?! .. this is .. inhuman.
20a8ahg.jpg

August 2, 1942. the French also began to mobilise, the Germans requestem them to stop ... we are all waiting the answer which might decide the fate of Russia.
2nqquyr.jpg

Da! Da! Da! The French honored the alliance with us and declared war to Germany!! We are celebrating ! The Slavs are not alone! The German Empire will pay for their intervention!
2nbyn7q.jpg

After 3 days, we heard about the United Kingdom, which also joined the fight against the German Empire! That's perfect, you just have to look closer and you can know who is the winner!
We have the numbers!
The French have the tactics!
And the British have the ships .. the perfect match!
2hcm52v.jpg

All of the Great Powers of Europe are at war! some of my comrades from the barracks are calling this war, "The Great War" .. we are kinda happy, but still, I'm still a kid, can I survive this ... Great War?
Ah yea ... the first battle against the Germans is taking place in Plock, that means that they are coming for Warsaw. We are ready! at least, I think we are..
1212xzp.jpg

Invasion of Poland

article-2707709-200AF94B00000578-813_964x496.jpg

August 6, this Great war just became ... a world war? The whole of the British Commonwealth has joined the fight, while the state of Luxemburg was invaded and annexed by the Germans..
oa9qf7.jpg

The Tsar, Nicholas is more loved as ever! It just looks like the war against the Japanese was forgotten ...is this war repairing the Tsar's reputation? This is pure stupidity, but it's better to fight united than to stay divided.
ngo6c0.jpg

Seeing how many allies we've got in this war against the Germans, everybody is thinking that this war will be soon over, but do they know how hard it's for us, the soldiers? I was pushed out from the safety of my parents right into this war. And now, as the Germans are approaching the city of Warsaw, so are the artillery shells, which might kill me at any time ... but they are patriots. How patriot can you be when you are doing nothing?
166zus1.jpg

The Entente, how the British and French are calling this alliance has demanded the Persians to join the war, to make the Ottomans to stay out of it. Unfortunately, they refused, so the Czar ordered the occupation of Northern Persia, while the British took the Southern part of it ... How can you find allies when you are doing such things?
287f71u.jpg

August 10, 1914 .. this is the day when all the hell broke loose. Our comrades from South invaded Galicia! The Germans immediately rushed to aid the Austro-Hungarians!
jidmqe.jpg

And, after just one day of fighting, my comrades achieved the first offensive victory of the war. Stryi is ours! Well, it looks like we can win this war ... the rest of the comrades from the barracks here in Warsaw are impatient to fight the Germans, well, I can't say the same thing ..
2s7cs36.jpg

While the city of Plock is still resisting the German offensives, Western Poland was invaded by the Germans, it's not a that big tragedy, if we were to be sent here, a big encirclement opportunity was to appear for the Germans ..... well, this news are soon to be forgotten as the battle of Cernauiti ended with a clear victory for us!
19uv4x.jpg

The war in the South is really aggresive. The Generals are obsesed about reaching Chust, they belive that this action will bring the Romanians into the fight ... but .. as far as I know, the Romanians are more German supportive, so I wouldn't like them to be on our side, we don't want to end up betrayed ... but yeah, they can still be useful for saving Serbia.
286zt7d.jpg

August 16, Terrible news !!! I can't belive it ! The frontline has reached the city of Warsaw, and even worser, Sosnowiec is being evacuated. Well, right now when we needed it the most, the patriotism of my comrades here is perishing. It is so easy to say that you are brave when you never experienced a battle. Sometimes I just feel that I'm a genius, I shouldn't be a farmer.
rkoa2p.jpg

We are beginning to hear horrible news about the battle of Lemberg. As far as I heard, this is the biggest battle from the beginning of the war. I'm just glad I'm not there.
14kv8r8.jpg

Our former enemies, and the victors from the previous war, has joined the battle in our side ... well, I'd feel betrayed to fight alongside with them. When you think that Russian soldiers died from the Japanese arms, and now I'm supposed to fight together with them ... it's just weird. I just fell good that they wouldn't dare to get to our frontlines. Thank you, Siberia!
u1mkm.jpg

The Germans broke trough!! Is the North front falling? Are we going to be encircled in Poland?? God ... More than 70.000 of soldiers died in the battle of Siaulai, which kinda' saved the Northern front ... just then to find out that other 60.000 soldiers died in the bloody battle of Alytus, which destroyed the stability of the front. I just hope that the generals will come out with a solution ... that defeat is making me wishing for a retreat order, I just can't stand that silence which is sometimes broken by the German artillery shells, I'm sure that they are planning something, they want us destroyed ... and when I think that I never seen a German in my life .. and they are already wanting us dead..
sp9gra.jpg

Alytus is now in German hands ... and just to amplify the superstions of the German willing to encircle us, they are trying to conquer Radom, which is bravely defended by our comrades.
2mmu99j.jpg

Sure,im not a author of this thread,but,thanks for mark of my mod :D

These parts are great.Im only want to say,later i will make single event to give Russia free infantry for mobilisation process.Anyway,im glad to see that after my works German AI keep offensive

Warsaw, the city of peace

5292-16b-wwi2.jpg

August 21, it is incredible how slowly the time is passing in bad situations. Both Lodz and Radom were lost to the Kaiser's soldiers. The city of Warsaw is still standing .. the only time when you can say there is a war going, is when the artillery is bombarding the city. I still didn't see any German .. but I'm trying to imagine one ... well, I can't really imagine it because when I think of it, the first thing in my mind is the devil. Doh, it can't be so bad ..
24vp4zp.jpg

2 Russian divisions found themselves behind the German lines ... may God have mercy on them, because the Germans will surely not have!
1yweft.jpg

In Lemberg, the situation is starting to look really bad. The Germans are reinforcing the Austro-Ungarian lines .. The battle of Lemberg could decide the fate of the whole Galicia, a defeat will destroy the Russian initiative on that front. It's awesome how strategist I became just from hearing the news. Doh .. the waiting is really killing me, at least I have you, my dearest journal ..
t4u62q.jpg

And yes ... one year ago I was speaking about how the Russian soldiers must not achieve defeat in the battle of Lemberg, and now the news that ~100.000 soldiers were killed in the battle has reached my ears .. even more, we lost. 100.000 soldiers in a blink of an eye. I could've been one of them ... I could've even be the one who died today some meters from me. An artillery shell ripped him apart...
nn2tkh.jpg

Soon after the defeat from Lemberg, the Germans launched an attack in Stanislawow .. just as I said, the winner of Lemberg will also get Galicia.
Meanwhile in the North, my comrades are desperately attempting to get Alytus back from the Germans. This city is the gate of Lithuania, and if we will not get it back, I'm afraid that all the hell will be upon us. Lithuania will be surely conquered.
144cwo5.jpg

August 23, 1914. The Serbians are a force which must be admired. They are bravely facing the Austro-Hungarians....it's just a shame that we will most likely never save them. This war was started just one month ago and I already think it's lost ... I'm afraid. The people back in Russia maybe doesn't know how bad the situation is, but the soldiers ... or at least I .. I know that the situation is becoming desperate. The Czar will lose his reputation again if something won't happen.
2w3xnb8.jpg

The 6 divisions which remained behind the enemy lines .. surrendered. 60.000 soldiers surrendered. I'm sure that this information will never be revealed to the population.
2z6co75.jpg

Another city lost ... we just realised that Warsaw is the most western Russian controlled city. This is really a pain in the butt for the Germans, but I'm sure that they have something in their minds. I know they are not stupid. I am seriosly trying to desert from the army in the first sign of German offensive. There is no point of dying for an almost lost cause. God ... I didn't even see a battle and I already want to get out. I'm still a kid..
28u757l.jpg

43 Russian divisions are fighting in Alytus ... against .. just 17. And my comrades are still not competent of winning the battle ... or are the Germans way too strong?
9s6iis.jpg

The Germans and their reinforcements. I really don't know from where are the Germans getting reinforcements .. EVERYWHERE?! Either way, Lithuania's gate is lost. May God have mercy on the Lithuanians...and on our soldiers.
29axgz5.jpg

The tired troops from the battle of Alytus, now localized in Siaulai .. or then, in Siaulai .. were just destroyed by the superior German troops. The front is becoming more and more instabile, and this can only mean that an attack in Warsaw is immiment ... or not? Oh .. I'm just so confused .. the waiting is killing me.
24nmm9j.jpg

Instead of ending the pain and just attack un on Warsaw .. the German attacked Suwalki .. and even if our comrades are outnumbering them .. the situation is still grim. I'm sorry .. I just have to write to my mom. I need advice..
10r8q2q.jpg

August 27, the fall of Siaulai and Alytus made the Russian generals in the area to organise the whole army in Lithuania. Kaunas, Wilno and even Riga are about to be the homes of the Russian soldiers! Seeing these actions, we are starting to call Warsaw, which didn't see any action from the beginning of the war .. the city of peace! We are starting to wonder if the Kaiser and Czar made a truce to not destroy the city .. well, this or we are deeply affected by the waiting..
10glda8.jpg

The city of Suwalki was lost .. the Germans are showing us that the numbers doesen't matter. And if not the numbers, what is to defend Russia?
i1a25d.jpg

The Kaiser's soldiers are just so fast, so modern .. so powerfull. They look like the perfect soldiers...those rumors about the Germans are just .. frightening. From what I hear from the comrades, we are lucky that we didn't fight the Germans. If I think better .. the waiting is good...
At least I heard about a Russian victory in Grodno ... finnaly! A victory! But this is only something thrown at us by the officers to not be worried about the news that the Germans reached the gates of Riga...
2vvt3c7.jpg

Youch, those are some bad losses. How are things on the French front?

The Galician Offensive

ww_cossacks_01.jpg

August 29, 1914. The Albanians are shocking us with their refusal of letting the Serbs to retreat to their land ... well, if you think better, why would they risk their independece for some Serbian lives ...
Meanwhile, the Germans have started the Galician offensive. The city of Stryi must not fall into their hands, otherwise that will be a domino effect for the whole of Galicia.
2vamqdl.jpg

September 2, Bialystok has fallen? Wait .. isn't that city ... BEHIND US? Are we encircled?! Are our generals completely mad?
2egcv2e.jpg

The city of Stryi has fallen, the whole of Galicia is lost. Personally, I didn't heard a good thing about that war from weeks ! Are the people of Russia aware about the situation here on the front? That's the question killing me .. I tend to think that they are not! If they were, another revolution should've started..
2my2p7t.jpg

September 5, a total disaster .. Wilno is lost to the Kaiser. The thing making me afraid is that we are so damn long behind the real front ... at least, we are not encircled. The only thing making me to think so, are the supplies which are still coming ...but how long will it take for the Germans to destroy us and my comrades here in Poland?
2ed8c61.jpg

A huge counter-attack was started in Wilno. The Generals knows the importance of this city. The whole stability of the front is at stake!
30a44dw.jpg

And finnaly, a VICTORY! and a much needed one. The front is again to be stabilized, Lithuania might've just escaped occupation.
Meanwhile, the German offensive into Galicia is ragin on. The battle of Stanislawow might just make the Romanians to think twice before joining the war. We lose the city, we lose a potential ally, and even Serbia. It is so fascinating that when you are beginning to analyze absolutely everything, you get to see how important is just a single battle.
3310kkm.jpg

Yea, journal .. I just wrote about the importance of the battle of Stanislawow, and now I hear about the defeat...
j83984.jpg

Fortunately, the Central Powers weren't so lucky in Suceava! The front can still be saved!
And yes .. the artillery has stoped. Some veterans from the barracks are afraid of a German attack in Warsaw. They know that when the artillery stops, the soldiers are coming. I am ready!! ... I think.
30mtnd2.jpg

In just a blink of an eye, almost the whole of the Russian Navy was destroyed by the Germans .. now the capital is without defence! Yes, the soldiers protecting the city from an amphibious assault are called to the Lithuanian front. We can just hope the Germans are believing that we have lots of divisions there.
And yeah, not a single German attempted to enter the city, it looked like the artillery stoped only to resupply. The fire rain has started again..
2elh2mv.jpg

The Germans started once again to reinforce they city of Wilno .. just when I thought our comrades won the battle..
2yzn4i1.jpg

Montenegro has fallen, and the Serbians will follow. I am quite curious .. how is the Czar going to hide that information from the people of Russia?!
I am really thinking that Nicholas is just a pain in the ... sorry journal, I want this to be a clean one .. at least you, if not me.
Yea. ... there are almost 2 months from the beginning of the war, and I still didn't see a German. Good for me...
jb02eg.jpg

Good news! The Czechs refugees has joined the army! I wonder where they are going to be sent. Personally, if I were a Czech I would rather stay in the safety of my home, not flee from the country and go straight to a bloody and maybe a lost battle.
v5x178.jpg

~100.000 Russian soldiers died in the battle of Wilno ... reinforcements, reinforcements and more reinforcements, the perfect tactic.
One of my comrades shown us a map he brought from home. He started to show us Warsaw and Wilno. I was shocked to see how much the Germans pushed without taking Warsaw! The front situation is way more worse than I thought. This map he showed us, made me clearly aware of a German encirclement. They are going to peacefully making us to surrender. A pure genius move. That's it. I'm going to flee from Warsaw, I just have to find someone with the same thinking as me .. I can't go alone, I've never seen a battle, nor the rest of Poland...If I won't find someone in that week ... I can't do anything but to start this adventure on my own.
15nr9ly.jpg

October 4, 1914. Chelm has fallen. This is it. The encirclement operation has begun! No more time for finding someone like me .. I will leave!
x6a1rq.jpg

Interesting start...

Awesome AAR, I love your style of writing this AAR. I hope that you'll win WW1 and stop the Bolshevik revolution in 1917. But on the other side, I wish you the worst in the Balkans because I don't want Serbia to create Yugoslavia and start tyrannize Croats :p

Evacuation of Poland

1917-07.jpg

Just when I was ready for deserting and fleeing from Warsaw, the general gave the order ... the order to evacuate Warsaw. We are ordered to march to Wolkowysk, avoiding the disaster of being encircled. Well, that order might just saved my life ..
1pyp14.jpg

In the next day, we didn't even manage to fully get out of Warsaw .. but we heard the horrible news. We are encircled by the Germans. Our comrades are already fighting desperately in Wolkowysk to liberate us...The Czar is the only one to be blamed for this! I swear that I if will ever get out of this encirclement, I am going to kill Nicholas myself ! I swear it! This war is a crime against the Russian people !
14ikdmu.jpg

We are not the only ones to be encircled, our comrades from Kaunas are encircled too! I knew it! That silence, that lack of fighting was just a decoy ... we are all doomed.
kf3wa9.jpg

The Southern front is not going better ... Suceava is lost, while the Germans are trying to make the way out of Poland harder, by taking Brest-Litovsk.
muwdpe.jpg

The Germans are fighting so desperately for the city of Wolkowysk. They know that this might be their chance to win the war in these early and bloody stages..
989cpe.jpg

I've heard that 17 Russian divisions are about to surrender to the Kaiser....
outgco.jpg

October 7, my divisions has reached the city of Siedlce. Our comrades are using their great numbers to save us. Still, no German in sight, how in the heavens in two and half months of war, a soldier can't see his enemies? Well, maybe it's a good thing.
not201.jpg

With the loss of Vilejka, the Russian troops from Kaunas were doomed to surrender... at least I'm glad to see that their fate is not going to happen with us.
2yx3l9d.jpg

October 10, 1914. The battle of Wolkowysk is won! At a great price, but at least we are safe. The Czar still needs to put an end to this war!
33upsw2.jpg

The city of Warsaw is lost ... at least I'm glad to see that the city didn't see the terrible ways of the war, the city, despite the artillery barrages, it still looked good when we left, I hope that the Germans won't destroy it.
11s379y.jpg

October 14, 1914. We've reached the city of Lomza, and now we are getting out of the encirclement. May God have mercy on the souls who died for our liberation and for the Czar's mistakes. Wolkowysk will be free to be liberated by us. Maybe I'm just not meant to fight in this war..
6oeecn.jpg

Meanwhile, in the South, we lost the city of Lutsk, this forced the rest of the troops from Tarnopol to retreat to stabilize the front.
24mdc7o.jpg