• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aHuman(oid)

Colonel
10 Badges
Sep 10, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
On the survival of shamanism in the Orient and the ramifications thereof

Concerning the Central Asian kingdom of the Oirats

mongolpicture.gif

Few people remember that between the meteoric rise of the first great mongol empire and its revival in an altered form, there was a period during which the Mongol dynasties the world over were in decline, and, though the barbarian Hordes were still feared, they were no longer banging at the gate demanding to be let in.
Though the threat of destruction at the hands of a savage band of steppe-warriors led by a fearsome and merciless khan has waned, the conquered peoples still guard themselves more carefully than before, certainly when dealing with outsiders. But they did not only cower in fear of their oppressors, they were not only influenced by them, they also left their own mark, they fought back, and reveled in the defeat and destruction of their overlords as at last they achieved some measure of self-rule. Most of these attempts went unchallenged, the decadent descendants of the savage horse nomads being either unable or unwilling to deal with the demands of an empire. One such revival of the native culture however, that attempted by the Cathayan emperor, failed spectacularly.
It succeeded in its initial goal, that of driving the Yuan dynasty out of China. When the emperor attempted to establish dominion over the Mongolian steppe, however, he began a process that would lead to a new vigor in the Mongols. If not a new golden age for the nomads, it was at least a silver age, of great importance in its own right though perhaps not measuring to the standard set by the budding empire’s immediate predecessor and the greatest of the barbarian empires.

I have set out to tell this history, and intend to do so to the best of my ability, there being as yet no concise history on the subject of the rejuvenation of the Mongol state, a subject matter which remains of vital importance to a clear understanding of our modern world, and of the lens through which we view it.

* * *​

“It’s no good. It won’t work. You sound like you’re writing from fifty years ago. That era is gone. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s been a war in between now and then. The Great War, the war that ended war. You, though you don’t look it, are a relic of the past. You’re going to have to start over. Revise the whole thing, start from scratch, do anything. I don’t care how you do it, just make this garbage into something that can be read, that would be useful. None of these flourishes, none of this narrative, none of that. A rendition of the facts, a recounting of your sources in plain, simple language. I don’t mind if you add maybe a footnote here or there to give your opinion, but you are to keep the primary document clear, and free of this clutter. Understand?”

* * *​

This will be a game play AAR, though it may not currently seem like it, played using IN 3.2b, no mods and default settings. I will be playing as the Oirat Horde.

Last edited:
Toghon Tayisi

His reign, and the wars therein
mongolpicture.gif

Upon coming to power in the year of our Lord 1399, Toghon Tayisi was second to none in his fear of the Ming dynasty of China. He resolved to cut off any means they may have of attacking his people. To accomplish this questionable goal, he allowed Tibetan settlement in nearly half of the steppe under his control, in exchange for a promise not to allow the Ming emperor through the land without war. This cut off the eastern portion of his land, which defected to the other Mongol tribe on the steppe, it being significantly closer.

oirataar1.gif

etc.
oirataar2.gif

This is better, but you're still too long-winded. I'll write it from here.

Toghon Tayisi then invaded the Chagatai Khanate, to unite the Mongols west of the Tibetan lands. The war went well.

oirataar3.gif

Early in 1401, he took Uighurstan, Altishar, and Dzungaria from the Chagatai khan, and forced him to pay tribute and allow passage through his lands, both into perpetuity.

oirataar7.gif

In August of 1404, he started another war. It was against the Delhi Sultanate.

oirataar4.gif

In November, he lost a battle.

oirataar5.gif

In December he died.

oirataar6.gif

* * *​

Fronzel said:
Here's hoping you do better than some others.
sprites said:
good luck , you'll need it :D
Serbian Knight said:
So do I:rolleyes:

Good luck and hopefuly you'll be better than me......at least its not possible to be much worse:D
Thanks!

Serbian Knight said:
will you try to form Mughals?
Probably, if only to be able to move my capital to Delhi, so I can get rid of the last of my border with Ming.

Last edited:
This is gonna be, interesting...

Yea if the capital has no adjacent province that is owned by him then yes. An island capital if you will.