On the new design approach to AI matrilineal marriages

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FleetingRain

Field Marshal
58 Badges
Aug 2, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Pillars of Eternity
Sure, I can understand that the devs believe it would be more historical if the AI didn't actively pursue matrilineal marriages to keep its dynasty ruling. I don't necessarily agree, but it's sound.

What I don't understand, and would love to see a dev comment on it, is why should they make the game easier for the player. If the player's objective is to spread its dynasty far and wide and rule many independent realms, then the AI makes this all the easier by letting their female rulers marry my dynastic males. This is like playing Civilization in a difficulty setting lower than King: the game simply gives me buffs the AI has no access to.

At the VERY least, the AI should still have half a brain when deciding whether to patri/matrilinearly marry my dynasty members.

Reactions:
There are multiple threads about this issue already.
It seems that general consensus about current situation is that martilineal preferences should be governed by multiple game rule options- and i sure hope Paradox will implement it.

Also - your rulers won't have it easy, as AI has maulus to those kind of marriages when it's player proposing them, on the other hand when you actually do manage to plant your dynasty member on independent throne it really is just a waiting game until something goes wrong and female ruler takes the throne - which ultimatley leads to new dynasty asscending it with nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: