• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ooo Gateways. Very Interesting.

@Tom D. - thank you for that info on how to use Jump Drives. Hadn't managed that yet.

Chapter 14
With the first of our two controlled gateways reactivated, we begin to research the construction of them too!

B2Tw0sC.png

And then something VERY interesting happens; The End Game Crisis happens. And it's.......US? Our biggest neighbour and only "threat" the Valu, being the only power in the galaxy at equal power of us(or raither, just below, but they show up as equal), has a robotic rising. And they style themselves the Omni Core? Hmmm, and they like us. Crisis strength is at 0.25x though, so we might have to assist at some point...

zkIq6r2.png

They are interested in peaceful relations with us. EXCELLENT.

ntiuM6j.png

And they want to trade!

rLRNYsz.png

KGjQ4vP.png

Their power is so so though:

whnOj6B.png

We do some archeological digging we have let be for a few centuries:

5EEfQZ6.png

The Omni Core has made gains, but is now stalling. Perhaps we should intervene...

46kaKWU.png

While we calculate pros and cons, we take on the Ether Drake:

khCOc6n.png

kDGzbRV.png

Very nice results afterwards too...!

YeyuFFW.png

We decide to guarantee the independence of the Omni Core. It doesn't give us a CB against their enemies though? Hmmmmm....

2oZo8ar.png

Oh how sweet! :D

UPDATE PART TWO: Two minutes later, and this pops up:
r7QVwON.png
Wow, you were quite unlucky to only get the tech option just now :eek:. Well, better late than never I suppose :D. Also, that machine uprising is quite nice, finally something interesting is happening ;). I hope I'll see one myself in my run, do you know the requirements for it to trigger?

Chapter 15
After a good decade where our robotic friends the Omni Core has done no progress, nor lost anything, we decide to intervene. The Valu are our equivalent in tech, fleet power and fleet potential, and they are the only one that are close to a threat to us at this point. We send almost everything we have; three fleets of 35-40k into their territory, with a smaller 20k and 10k fleet in reserve.

5IVMibz.png

g4nsDJc.png

We conquer system after system and never see a single enemy fleet. This puzzles us, and also worries us. Are they having all their fleets in one spot? Turns out, they do. We send our two closest fleets to one system when we discover they have no less than three 30k to 40k fleets in the far galactic east. They only send one fleet towards us, which we lure further away. But then they catch up to the first fleet, and even though they are of equal size, with ours slightly bigger, they kill over half of it with much smaller losses themselves before our second fleet can catch up:

VKM5Jgv.png

We win the battle, but both our biggest fleets are now severly damaged, and the Valu still has two ca 40k fleets close by. The third fleet was battered, but energency jumped. We figure we need to regroup and peace out before the war turns too far against us. We've lost 1/3rd of our active fleets and it's clear the Valu has better ships. We therefore use our influence to claim some border systems and peace out. For now.

ClVIGga.png

xUuQQHe.png

Sorry for the delay folks! I have much on my mind these days, so it will be longer between updates now. I won't stop just yet though. :)

Sorry for the delay folks! I have much on my mind these days, so it will be longer between updates now. I won't stop just yet though. :)
No worries.

This might be the first player Status Quo peace I have seen in a Stellaris AAR.

Chapter 16 - The Final Chapter
After the war, an uneasy peace fell over the galaxy. The Omni Council guarded its borders, as did the organics in the galaxy. The Omni Core and the Valu was still at war, as they had been for decades, but nothing happened between them. The only action was that someone hired the Vool Raiders, who still roamed the galactic south close to the Omni Council's home world, to attack the robots. For close to two centuries, no raiding had been done against the mighy Omni. Now a fleet approached, but it was a fool's errand. The Omni was too strong. Their fleets didn't even have to move in; the first starbase the Vool met, did their pitiful fleet in.

Now the Omni decided the Vool had to die. Once, at the start of their starfaring journey, the Vool had the power to kill the Omni without problems. Now, the situation was reversed. The Omni had let the Vool be as long as thet kept to themselves. Now their patience was over. Two of the biggest fleets of the Council was dispatched to the border.

First, the smaller fleets in the Brillisir system was taken out:
q5B7B9m.png

lwYLJbo.png

Shortly after, a surprise discovery was made:
9QMUigN.png

Soon, the last days of the Vool Raiders were close. The galaxy shivered:
V6N0HBK.png

cA5M9jR.png

And then it was over:
WrVRxNP.png

And then...nothing. A Cold War developed between the Omni Council and the meatbags of the galaxy. The robots surely could crush them, but they was content with what they had. Meatbags crossing the borders seldom were heard from again. No robots invaded, though. The Omni Core and Valu war continued, with little action there too. The Council held their protective hands over the Core, the meatbags over the Valu. The galaxy was effectively divided on the middle, with a Omni Council controlled galactic west and a meatbag controlled east.

VxQgDZS.png

At this point, our story ends, with some juicy information to sign it off. The Omni Council's policies were as such, and an interesting note is they kept to passive studies of the sole primitive world allowed in their midst; a machine age world that had been studied for over two centuries at this point:
JfYhELA.png

Some few meatbag pops remained amalgated too:
REhosHz.png

The Omni Council traditions:
E0kSiWm.png

Some of the entities of the galaxy, with the most powerful at the top:
VFQOgpu.png

And lastly, SCIENCE!
d44d9Ua.png

Whew! That took some time! I've been busy moving across the country the last month, and my anxiety issues have crept up again. But I managed to finish it! :) The year is 2518, and the Omni Council is signing off. :) Thanks for reading!

A fitting end to an excellent story :) The Voor have haunted the Omni's existence since almost the very beginning; it's only appropriate that the final chapter focus on their final reckoning.
Thanks. :) Yeah, I decided a final showdown down there needed to happen...

Nice to see the dreaded enemy laid to rest at the end.

A nice end for an enjoying AAR. 300 years flew by like it was nothing! Congratulations on making it to the end and hopefully onto the next one in the near future :).

Nice to see the dreaded enemy laid to rest at the end.
Yeah, it seemed like a fitting end. :)

A nice end for an enjoying AAR. 300 years flew by like it was nothing! Congratulations on making it to the end and hopefully onto the next one in the near future :).
Thanks Tom! It was fun for me too! :)