• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This was simply a suggestion for you all to think of whilst you improve the game. As far as not making them formal alliances then you will need to do the gaurantees at the very least. Also try and attach a trigger to any province transfers that will trigger an event for the US to protest/enforce or to back down on the Monroe Doctrine.

RCBricker said:
This was simply a suggestion for you all to think of whilst you improve the game. As far as not making them formal alliances then you will need to do the gaurantees at the very least. Also try and attach a trigger to any province transfers that will trigger an event for the US to protest/enforce or to back down on the Monroe Doctrine.

Give an example of monroe doctrine beeing enforced in the IXX century. Pacif War, Paraguay War, Farrapos War, etc.

The doctorine is a failed piece of literature. It was never ratified nor successfully used in the manner that it was meant. It was not until grant that the non transferal of colonies was added to the non intervention stated in the original document. It can best be used by the US player/AI to enforce or pressure other great powers in diplomacy. I am a big fan of spheres of influence and this was an attempt to force the world to recognize the western hemisphere as an American sphere of influence.

IS there a way to impliment sphers of influence? Can we make certain countries more important to the AI than others?

It would mean identifying minor (uncivilized and civilized countries that are not great powers) that are important to each GP.

unknown-X- said:
Yes, it is possible to make some countries more important for ai.

I think that he means like they were made in HoI. They were included in 1.05, if I am not wrong.

RCBricker said:
The doctorine is a failed piece of literature. It was never ratified nor successfully used in the manner that it was meant. It was not until grant that the non transferal of colonies was added to the non intervention stated in the original document. It can best be used by the US player/AI to enforce or pressure other great powers in diplomacy. I am a big fan of spheres of influence and this was an attempt to force the world to recognize the western hemisphere as an American sphere of influence.

IS there a way to impliment sphers of influence? Can we make certain countries more important to the AI than others?

It would mean identifying minor (uncivilized and civilized countries that are not great powers) that are important to each GP.
i think they are not needed, since the USA never did anything in the XIX century "because of" the Monroe Doctrine... ;)

Just cause they didn't do anything doesn't mean it didn't have an effect. There were no significant changes in the colonial possessions after the doctrine was announced.

Also considering that almost everything i have ever seen in the HOI mods, EU II mods and now this one have to do with making the game as realistic as possible. I mean you all are trying to set events for Extreme weather. SO the existence of a policy that America used off and on for 100 years seems to me to be a little important. It wa important enough that Wilson tried to get it as an exception to world politics as far as the league of Nations was concerned. So I am of the opinion that it shoud at least be identified as a possible mod to at least have America guarantee the independence of the nations of the western hemisphere. If you all don't wanna do it that is fine.

Back to spheres of influence. My question of whether or not there was a way to have a given country's AI be more sensitive to the political existance of a given region is possible?

Generalisimo said:
i think they are not needed, since the USA never did anything in the XIX century "because of" the Monroe Doctrine... ;)

US intervention in Venezuela during the crisis with European Banks in 1902 (I think) and in the boundary dispute VEN-ENG over Guiana in 1905 were justified by T Roosevelt on Monroe Doctrine grounds but it was in the forn of "protecting" Venezuela from outside intervention. So just ensure that the USA ai's have protect = { VEN HAI DOM PAN......} should be fine to represent the effect of the Monroe Doctine.

OHgamer said:
US intervention in Venezuela during the crisis with European Banks in 1902 (I think) and in the boundary dispute VEN-ENG over Guiana in 1905 were justified by T Roosevelt on Monroe Doctrine grounds but it was in the forn of "protecting" Venezuela from outside intervention. So just ensure that the USA ai's have protect = { VEN HAI DOM PAN......} should be fine to represent the effect of the Monroe Doctine.
adding nothing more than that should work...
by the way, that is not from the XIX century...the period that is mostly covered by this game. ;)
but, i agree, that can work. :D

AI Beta Team

I would like to "recruit" good/stable Victoria players who wan't(and have the time and will) to test different aspects of AI. As i have many different AI's in work it would be most helpful if there is a team behind who can test them and give me much needed feedback!

NB! This applies for both VIP related AI files(Improved AI files project) and Xtreme AI Project for vanilla Victoria.

Thank you in advance!

unknown-X- said:
huh...almost 4 days have been commited to England ai and i have only managed to reach pre-Crimean war period. I have learned much and belive that progress will be a bit faster in future.
Modding longterm AI for HOI is more like kindergarten if compared that of Victoria...sigh.

You are the MAN! Improving the AI is the best way to improve the game :)

I have noticed that the AI absolutely sprints up the industrial techtree with these AI modifications...On the one hand this is good as it makes for a more difficult game (AI acutally has a decent economy)...at the same time seeing FRA and PRU covered in lvl 4 RR in 1870 isn't ideal, neither is the apparent AI disinterest in military techs. Have to play more to be sure as I only noticed this recently. I am not suggesting any changes necessarily, just pointing this out.

I have observed that France tends to go after Morocco unhistorically early (often after they have conquered Algeria in the 1830-40s). Since Morocco historically survived into the early 1900s, it might be desirable to adjust the AI file of France.

Becephalus said:
I have noticed that the AI absolutely sprints up the industrial techtree with these AI modifications...On the one hand this is good as it makes for a more difficult game (AI acutally has a decent economy)...at the same time seeing FRA and PRU covered in lvl 4 RR in 1870 isn't ideal, neither is the apparent AI disinterest in military techs. Have to play more to be sure as I only noticed this recently. I am not suggesting any changes necessarily, just pointing this out.

Hah...you are playing with these old v0.11 AI files. Yes, they were directed to improve mostly economy. New ai files, on the other hand have country specific research trees, improved combat priorities, modifiers and etc. These new files have shown extremely good results and are called EcoMil(TM) ai files. So, all files that bear that name, mean that they have passed the harsh QA control and are ready to give human player a challening game.

unknown-X- said:
I was wondering if this issue needed fixing. I'll try to solve this problem in future.

I would say yes, as this would allow for the whole Morrocan crisis in the early 1900's, between UK, France, and Germany. Also will allow for more depth in events for Morroco.

Couple of questions:

Is it possible to assign importance to a province? If so can you make the improtance change with time?

These two answers could (if the answers are yes) fix the problems of nations getting involved with another nation too early or too late. IE with the morrocan situation England could be given an AI fix that would make Morraco unimportant or at less important then other areas until the early 1900s. This seems difficult or impossible to do as the code would seem to me to very hard to write. We are talking about setting country codes that would equal priority for each other nation in the world/per province. However since we do have the ability to demand territory in HOI one would think that this could be adapted to allow for this type of sphere of influence/priority of province fix.

Forgot other questions lol.

IS it possible to create a modifier for research? Techs that your allies or neighbors have should be easier for you to develop since the information is readily available. ALso a modifier for Military techs for countries that you are at war with. This would simulate the fact that countries learn about and master their enemies weapons as a way to eliminate advantage. This mod should come with a higher RP cost for the techs to slow things down a touch but then again in Vicki one must wait a year anyway.

This is not the same as sharing techs which in the game has a negative affect on prestige and RPs but should simulate the natural progression of science across borders.

I will try my best to beta test the Vanilla Vicky version...

But I dont have that much time (can probly beta about 1 and a half full games a week for you, and various other specific wars)....maybe a little more....

But I do still play the game :)

Send me a pm and ill give you my e-mail.