• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to do as much from Europe as possible, but I will only have free time today.

I'll upload what is done sometime later today.

Okay everyone we have some things to discuss.

1. Should we use the war command in events or decrease the relations and add CB?

2. Should the Muslim dynasties be in as nations or should we have nations called Maghreb, Tunesia, Algeria and Egypt?

3. Should we have the emirates of the caliphate as vassals of the Caliphate like Armenia atm?

1. Should we use the war command in events or decrease the relations and add CB?
I think the latter would be better, but I donť know the AI well enough. But I don't find myself experienced enough to decide.

2. Should the Muslim dynasties be in as nations or should we have nations called Maghreb, Tunesia, Algeria and Egypt?
This is a serious problem.
The problem is that most of the dynasties were very "mobile". Look at Fatimids. They arose in Algeria, became powerfull in Tunis and ended as Egyptian dynasty. Or Samanids etc etc. I think that in Iran we should generally keep them as dynasties as they were all moving from the east to the west.
In Maghreb, however, it is not the same. There were only 2 stable centres of power and the dynasties were only replacing each other, most of them ruling from Tunis/Kairouan/Mahdiya or Fez/Marrakech, plus Tahart/Tilimsan.
Here I could imagine emirates of Ifriqiya and Maghreb, though I don't know how to name the Algerian part - I think they should not be called Tunis, Algeria and Morocco.

Finally, all the major dynasties, such as Fatimids, Abbasids, Umayyads or Almoravids should be there as dynasties. The less influental ones (Tullunids) could maybe adopt regional names, but outside Maghreb I'd be very carefull.

3. Should we have the emirates of the caliphate as vassals of the Caliphate like Armenia atm?
I think this is somehow connected to the previous question, isn't it?
Some, I would say, could be vassals, but not all. Those, that were more independent and later became local centres of power, should be there as vassals. But as few as possible.

PS: I've sent you updated province.csv - if I will finnish Europe by this evening I'll send it aswell

Armenia and it's population aren't and have never been muslim, FYI.
Armenians were christian, but Armenia was part of the caplihate, as emirate of Armenia. There was also (later) several Arab emirates which replaced local Armenian lordships (Duin, Manazkert etc.), FYI

or maybe we could treat them individually - I think it would be the best. if you could list the "problematic" ones, we could find a conclustion, which ones should be kept in as dynasties and which could be renamed by their territories.

Well to distinguish them I think using their dynasty names would be best. The ones I am thinking would be really critical is the Persian dynasties and if we were to make some other paths than history. And I would like to have them evolve without owning alot in Persia and be called Maghreb because their historical power base was there.

eh? I'm not sure itf I got this....

I made several events for Armenia but I have little problem.
There are 2 events connected to each other. The latter should take place 4 years after the former, but it happens immediately only a few days later.
Anyone can help me?

here are the events:
Code:
# Slave tax
event = {
	id = 102004
  random = no
	country = ARM
	name = "Slave tax"
	desc = "The caliph ordered his emir in Armenia to establish a new tax, forcing the Christian Armenians to serve as Slaves to the Caliph."
	style = 1

date = { day = 15 month = august year = 743 }
	offset = 0

action_a ={
		name =  "Establish the tax"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = 	provincetax which = 453 value = 1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 437 value = 1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 434 value = 1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 455 value = 1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 426 value = 1 }
    command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 102001 } #Gregory Mamikonian
		command = { type = relation which = PRT value = 50 }
		#command = { type = trigger which = xxx } #Umayyad event - Armenian tax
    command = { type = trigger which = 102005 } #Mamikonian demand
	}

action_b ={
		name =  "Decline the tax"
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 102001 } #Gregory Mamikonian
		command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = 10 }
		command = { type = relation which = PRT value = -50 }
	}
}

# Mamikonian demand
event = {
	id = 102005
  random = no
	country = ARM
	name = "Mamikonian demand"
	desc = "Gregory Mamikonian, the leader of influental noble family of Mamikonians, requests abolishment of a Slave tax, backed by the most influental of Armenian noble families."
	style = 1

date = { day = 20 month = september year = 747 }
	offset = 0

action_a ={
		name =  "Exile Gregory Mamikonian"
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = 	revolt which = 426 value = 8000 }
    command = { type = 	revolt which = 427 value = 10000 }
    #command = { type = trigger which = 102009 } #Byzantine event - Armenians demand help 
	}

action_b ={
		name =  "Exile all Mamikonians"
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		#command = { type = sleepleader which = 102001 } #the same with all Mamikonians
    command = { type = 	revolt which = 437 value = 8000 }
    command = { type = 	revolt which = 433 value = 6000 }
    command = { type = 	population which = 427 value = -1000 }
    command = { type = 	population which = 426 value = -1000 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 427 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 426 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	manpower which = 427 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	manpower which = 426 value = -1 }
    #command = { type = trigger which = 102009 } #Byzantine event - Armenian exile demands help
	}

action_c ={
		name =  "Abolish the tax"
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = 	provincetax which = 437 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 455 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	provincetax which = 426 value = -1 }
    command = { type = 	treasury which = ARM value = -25 }
    command = { type = relation which = PRT value = -50 }
	}
}

I made several events for Armenia but I have little problem.
There are 2 events connected to each other. The latter should take place 4 years after the former, but it happens immediately only a few days later.
Anyone can help me?

remove the...

command = { type = trigger which = 102005 }

...line in event 1. This command triggers other events immediately.

remove the...

command = { type = trigger which = 102005 }

...line in event 1. This command triggers other events immediately.

thanks,

but the other event should happen only, if the previous results in the action A. How to make this?

Last edited:
thanks,

but the other event should happen only, if the previous results in the action A. How to make this?

Perhaps add in trigger:

Code:
event = XXX

Should work?

thanks,

Add a trigger to 102005, like this:
Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]trigger = {
	event = 102004 #Slave tax[/COLOR]
}

then in 102004 action A, remove this line which, as it says, will trigger 102005 immediately:
Code:
	[COLOR="Red"]command = { type = trigger which = 102005 } #Mamikonian demand[/COLOR]

but you'll have to add that one in 102004 action B
Code:
	[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 102005 } #Mamikonian demand[/COLOR]

Add a trigger to 102005, like this:
Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]trigger = {
	event = 102004 #Slave tax[/COLOR]
}

then in 102004 action A, remove this line which, as it says, will trigger 102005 immediately:
Code:
	[COLOR="Red"]command = { type = trigger which = 102005 } #Mamikonian demand[/COLOR]

but you'll have to add that one in 102004 action B
Code:
	[COLOR="Yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 102005 } #Mamikonian demand[/COLOR]
fantastic!
Thanks ;)