• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thinking about the Saharan region:
- in the 8th/9th century we should allow the trade in eastern Sahara - from Libya to Lake Chad/Kanem through Fezzan
- thinking about this I noticed we forgot to add few more states (which were on the 711 scenario map) : Kanem*, 3 on Nigerian coast and one on Mauritanian coast (Awlil, Refresco). I could do Kanem, but I can't find anything about the other 4. Any ideas?

* not sure if it should be Kanem this early or we should call it Zaghawa. If it's Kanem, it saves us one tag, right?

- since the 9th century we should allow some kind of basic exploration of Sahara by the North African berber states. ATM, I don't know whether this could be done via conquistadors or events - any ideas?

Here is the icons matching the new setup.

CLO;Flax / Hemp;;;;;;;;;;800
GOLD;Bullion / Gems;;;;;;;;;;801
COT;Cotton / Silk;;;;;;;;;;802
FISH;Fish;;;;;;;;;;803
FURS;Furs / Leather;;;;;;;;;;804
GRAI;Grain;;;;;;;;;;805
IVOR;Exotic Goods;;;;;;;;;;806
METAL;Iron;;;;;;;;;;807
MINERAL;Copper / Tin;;;;;;;;;;808
ORIENT;Porcelain / Glassware;;;;;;;;;;809
NAVS;Timber;;;;;;;;;;810
SALT;Salt;;;;;;;;;;811
SLAV;Slaves;;;;;;;;;;812
SPIC;Spices;;;;;;;;;;813
SUG;Honey / Wax;;;;;;;;;;814
TOB;Wool;;;;;;;;;;815
WINE;Vines / Olives;;;;;;;;;;816
WOOL;Dried Fruit;;;;;;;;;;817
TEA;Tea;;;;;;;;;;818
COFFEE;Coal / Pitch;;;;;;;;;;819

I know the discussion is over, but how about making GOLD Precious metals, if it (as I understood the discussion well - 882 and following posts) gives no special benefits as a trade good?

Thinking about the Saharan region:
- in the 8th/9th century we should allow the trade in eastern Sahara - from Libya to Lake Chad/Kanem through Fezzan
- thinking about this I noticed we forgot to add few more states (which were on the 711 scenario map) : Kanem*, 3 on Nigerian coast and one on Mauritanian coast (Awlil, Refresco). I could do Kanem, but I can't find anything about the other 4. Any ideas?

* not sure if it should be Kanem this early or we should call it Zaghawa. If it's Kanem, it saves us one tag, right?

- since the 9th century we should allow some kind of basic exploration of Sahara by the North African berber states. ATM, I don't know whether this could be done via conquistadors or events - any ideas?

What do you mean with the trade ? There are no such thing like traderoutes..

Don't know if Kanem is already in.. But those last nations are Oyo, Yoruba and Ifé I think.

About exploration we can only do that with "conquistadors" which we could rename travellers or something. :) We will add historical or semi-historical travellers.

I know the discussion is over, but how about making GOLD Precious metals, if it (as I understood the discussion well - 882 and following posts) gives no special benefits as a trade good?

Well the name is sort of the same now. It includes the same things.

What do you mean with the trade ? There are no such thing like traderoutes..
oh, sure.... I only meant that they should know about each other :) - the Berbers from the north and the Zaghawa from the south - Kanem

Don't know if Kanem is already in.. But those last nations are Oyo, Yoruba and Ifé I think.
Kanem isn't in yet. I tried to add it, but encountered some problems. I'll check what's the problem and add it again. And then I'll do also Oyo, Yoruba and Ifé (if you haven't already :))

About exploration we can only do that with "conquistadors" which we could rename travellers or something. :) We will add historical or semi-historical travellers.
Yes, I think this is a good idea ;)
The explorations were made either by merchants or travellers ;)

Well the name is sort of the same now. It includes the same things.
good.

I started with implementing trade goods into the province.csv (yet I am making a map with the commodities). ATM Western and Saharan Africa is done, partly also Persia, Arabia and Egypt as well as Central Asia and Anatolia

thanks for the maps ;)

they'll be helpfull. Just I shold let you know, that the Sahel won't be as you made it - I have some good sources and Salt should not be that much on south (in fact the northern border of "your" Saharan Salt was its southern border - the Salt was imported FROM Sahara to Sahel ;)

I have now most of Africa (except Ethiopia), parts of Balkans, whole Anatolia, Armenia and greater Iran (including Transoxania), Fertile Crescent and parts of Arabia (most of it), India, Siberia/Russia and Indonesia. Spain is almost identic to the way I would do it :)

so now, only Europe nrth of Pyrenees, Alps, Balkans and Caucasus has to be done as well as East Asia.
I think the updated province.csv (and a map) will be done by wednesday...

btw, what's the purple?

ok, so most of Africa now has resources, as well as the entire Middle East (except Arabia).
here is an overview of the western half of the map (the map covers only those regions which were edited by me. Those, which were already done, would soon be incorporated to the map :)
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3958/worldmaptradewest2.jpg

The "empty" provinces in those regions have either timber, honey/wax, hemp or glasswork.

That is like magical. :D Gonna be good to have this in the game. :)
I just got inspired by the map you had sent me testerday

oh, btw, I have tried it in game, but I can't load it :( can't open GFX\interface\PIW\.txt

any idea?

This error used to be displayed for me each time I modified one of the CSV files wrongly. It was usually either text.csv, or province.csv. So perhaps you've made some little mistake?

aha, thanks alot to both, I'll check it

Soon I will upload a graphic pack which needs to go into your Vanilla GFX, but will not change anything with your vanilla game. It is only because units are not read using moddir. Included is the country.csv which goes with it. The country.csv will be kept updated in the mod, but the graphic will be kept seperate.

EDIT: Links:

Country.csv

http://www.abtirsi.com/arabiauniversalis/GFX_for_AU.zip

Last edited:
great, I hope that today I'll be able to finnish the parts of province.csv I can do ATM and then I'll send it to you, so you can makeit part of the newer version.

here are ingame images of trade goods:
screensave13.jpg

screensave15.jpg

screensave17.jpg

As usually my work is little delayed.

But I can send you the province.csv
It has all of Iran, Arabia, Anatolia, most of Africa (all but Ethiopia/East Africa), Spain and some parts of Europe.