• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
btw, CT, could you send me the map version you use so I could put my changes directly in? either via icq or e-mail, you have mine, don't you?

I was thinking about Palestine and I agree with Basileios, we should merge at least some of coastal levantine provinces (Jaffa with Gaza and Akka and Tyre

I just finshed adding the British Isles and Balkan. Now I started adding some german provinces. I did some changes to your setup because as you said it wasn't for this period. ;)
If you get online on ICQ I can send it. :)

Btw, I kept Thracia in two as I think they are both important. :) About your proposals Elvain. I think Bosnia and Rascia should be splitted they are too big. ;)

elvain said:
would you find it usefull to add some provinces to the Balkans? I think I could add some more, I think at least Bosnia could be splitted as well as Rascia and Thrace and possibly also Dardania, don't you think?

Hmmm ... yes.

I agree with you that Bosnia, Rascia and Dardania could be seperated. These provinces aren't that rich anyway and (in case of Dardania) Bulgaria needs a good amount of provinces to be balanced against the Byzantine Empire. That's why I merged Thrace into one by the way. No need to make Byzantium too powerful on the Balkans, since they were on the defensive in this area at that time period. Keep in mind they have all of Asia Minor behind them ...

... so lets keep Thrace as one first, until we see how it plays out.

I think we shuold rather add some provinces to Bulgaria, IMO there is a way to do that and after it is done, we can then split also Thrace :)

to Bulgaria, split for instance Philipopolis and Dardania, if possible maybe also other, but I have to consultate it with Bulgarian experts on this ;)

Ok, I agree with splitting Dardania. But for gameplay's sake the number of provinces shouldn't be too high IMO. Otherwise conquering certain regions will become a major pain in the ass for players and especially the AI. ;)

But let's hear your expert first. I kind of agree Bulgaria should become more powerful.

Here is the newest changes:

balkanitalyof5.gif

My knowledge about Italy is not as good as it could be so please help. ;)

ok, so I edited Armenia and Georgia, so I hope it is now better.
armenianm4.jpg

PS: if it is not enough, here are last possibilities:
merge Kakheti and Shakki into Kakheti
merge Areguni and Ganja into Areguni
merge Klardzkh and Adzharia into Adzharia

I like it. It still is a lot, but good since we can model most Armenian and Caucasian principalities. We can make them vassals of the Caliphate rather than integral parts in the beginning.

I also forgot some other:
Ardzinkh could be incorporated into Taron
Ayrarat could be incorporated into Vanand (and call it eiter Ayrarat or Ani - the capital of Vanand)
- I prefered to leave them independent to give more power to Bagratunid princes of Ani and Taron who were among the most powerfull.

Also it is possible to incorporate Layzan into Shriwan
Partaw to be part of Qarabagh
and split Sanar between Kartli and Alazani

and I think this could be enough, that would be 25 provinces in Armenia+Georgia+Shirwan

oh and I ofund that your map of Etiopia isn't really compatible to my map, so I will better send you Sahara and the Sahel when it is done so you can put it in as you like, ok?

cool-toxic said:
Okay.. But you did already manage to fit the older map of Sahel to it. Should I send that one to you to make it easier maybe?

Anyway here's the new additions to the map:

Again proposals for changes are welcome. :D
Good job! ;)

Well, I think we should change Germany around Elbe - it should fit to the period of Albian Slavs instead of Germans.

I didn't have enough time to finnish it all, but it is more or less incorporated..
you can see actual version...

I just can't make it fit. Here's your a bit older map on top of MKJ's and then your base in form of white black map:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2758/africatn4.gif (Warning this is big.)

About Germany I agree this is mostly based on later maps... Netherlands and Belgium are also based later, but there's not many maps from that period unfortunatly..

elvain said:
ok, so I edited Armenia and Georgia, so I hope it is now better.
armenianm4.jpg

PS: if it is not enough, here are last possibilities:
merge Kakheti and Shakki into Kakheti
merge Areguni and Ganja into Areguni
merge Klardzkh and Adzharia into Adzharia

Still a lot, but fine IMO. Maybe merge the last you proposed as well.

We need to increase the number of provinces in Asia Minor to provide a counter-balance to the province-rich Armenia. Will work on that later.