• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Basileios I

General
4 Badges
Mar 2, 2005
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • 500k Club
As some of you already know, we from the Arabia Universalis mod are currently working on an Old World Map.
It should be best for a game ranging from around 600 AD to 1000 AD.

The map is based on Elvain's "Regions of Medieval Europe". Cool-Toxic is drawing it.

This is the current stage:

Last edited:
Important Download Links:

Arabia Universalis 1.03b - 10/07-09

Arabia Universalis Graphic Pack

It would be good to have EGUFSM on your Vanilla so it matches the graphic of this mod:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151247

Also you should think of downloading YodaMaster's citysets which are used:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210513

Maps for KrouiBro and the latest Province.csv

Frankish Timeline

AU ID Map

Screenshots:

The Whole Map

Afghanistan and Pakistan

Tibet

China

Last edited:
I already also have 7 provinces of Azerbayjan and add names to west Iranian provinces

btw I'm waiting for your comments... see AU forums

Last edited:
Update:

aualpha11jh1.jpg

It seems that rivers flow throughout provinces, not as their borders ...
Basileios I said:
Ja, will be fixed (the provinces, not the rivers) ... :)
but is it really such a problem?

I thuoght CT said it's possible and will not cause any big problems :confused:

elvain said:
I thuoght CT said it's possible and will not cause any big problems :confused:

Rivers are obstacles in EU2 between two provinces. If you have a river running through a province, the river won't affect troop movements between the province and another AFAIK.

CT is about to release a playable Alpha covering Spain, France, Italy, Balkans, North Africa, Asia Minor, Iraq, Syria, Arabia and Armenia.

IMO we should finish this great map regardless of EU3. Hopefully many people will stay with EU2 because it is sufficently different (IMO).

Basileios I said:
IMO we should finish this great map regardless of EU3. Hopefully many people will stay with EU2 because it is sufficently different (IMO).
It seems there is a thing like a fever expanding over the heads of EU II players. Like when we were at secundary school and a new girl was more interesting than school mates ...

I doubt I'll buy EU3 before 1.2 patch :p

Besides I think EU2 has the greatest replayability value of all Paradox titles and this is not going to be changed easily :)

I just finnished first part of map with locations of cities in north Africa and Syro-Palestine.

aualpha11akopiesw2.jpg

deeper comments are in Arabia-Universalis forum

Last edited:
ok, but by what should we try to help you? make the names look English where possible? or use Arabic names, or Turkish, or Greek

You use english names for Delta, Palestine, Aleppo, Rakka, Mosul and for their bordering provinces which have English names aswell you use names Suriya (Syria), Urdun (Jordan, correct arabic would be Urdunn), Jazira (Mesopotamia), Misr (Egypt).. that's confusing

and then you make up some completely weird names like Nejed (Nejd), Sina (Sinai), Lubnun (Lebanon), Kermyan (Germiyan), Kappadoccia (Cappadocia or Kappadokia) Kurdis (Kurdistan), Azeris (Adharbayjan(ar.) or Azerbayjan (en.))

Rename Anatolia to Bythinia if you want to use ancient name for that region (what's rather strange when all other are turkish), Araks shuold be called either Karabakh (or Karabagh to use Arabic name) or Arran
Diyarbaker should IMO be rather Van, name Diyarbakir should be used for actual Jazira and if you want to use Jazira, use it for Mosul

maybe later I will draw you a map with the changes I suggest, if you tell me what names you prefere, I might help you with the spelling better