• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 6: Legacy of Northern Crusades

"God has aroused the spirit of kings and princes to root up from the earth the enemies of the Christian name. - Bernard of Clairvaux"

Raiding surface fleet of Merv is spotted and destroyed by combined fleets of Prussia and Argentina.
LPMbhDH.jpg

Aleppo is captured by motorized division commanded by general Kviesis. The division is then given a nickname to celebrate the victory.
TCP553f.jpg

With so many divisions in Middle East the two fronts are in constant state of retreat. The strategy chosen in this situation is to focus on Trebizond first, using the concentration of divisions to conquer them from the south. Militia divisions will buy time to the forces attacking Trebizond.
l9QgXNr.jpg

The last remnants of the Italian Kingdom of Africa are annexed into Italy peacefully on 23rd of October.
atJOAX3.jpg

The war in the air is going well compared to the situation on the ground, with pilots such as Juras Tumins piloting their state of the art planes with skill.
ercEL1X.jpg

Lend lease from Warmingarjai eases the burden of supplying the attacking divisions in Middle East.
a3m5pEw.jpg

On 27th of October, the Battleship Vilnius is sunk by Burgundian fleet in the Mediterranean after destroying multiple enemy ships during the battle of Iraklion.
UtxWNxX.jpg

Meanwhile in the North Sea series of seabattles are fought. The Prussian Northern fleet is victorious but the few remaining enemy battleships escape. They continue surface raiding soon afterwards and avoid being caught using their speed.
s3W6LHc.jpg

Burgundian forces begin attack into Denmark in November 1939. The defenders are well fortified behind a river and are able to hold the ground for a while despite the odds. Then the defenders retreat to the islands.
9gOpTCg.jpg

In November the hard decision is made to abandon Constantinopole to the enemy because of the advance of the Trebizondian forces in the east.
H5jaToc.jpg

Also in November, the Raj forces are on the brink of surrender.
vkTWSIa.jpg

Meanwhile the Prussian forces are making gains in southwest Trebizond, the fast armored divisions Haapslu and Adun are fundamental in taking over multiple strategic industrial cities.
JxPaPYU.jpg

The divisions that were defending Constantinopole are cut off, but manage to fight their way to the front.
pOwknFS.jpg

With the situation on the front worsening, various unusual ideas are being developed to get more soldiers to the front. Two special "Chosen of Perkunas" divisions are created to not just fight, but also serve a propaganda purpose.
IdUQvwK.jpg

The southern front, 6th of December. Concentration of mobile divisions results in successfull attack and capture of Trabzon but the Trebizondian war effort is not significantly hindered by the loss of their capital. Advancing any further becomes increasingly difficult since Trebizondians can move divisions from the northern front to the southern.
3SiepSU.jpg

16th of December the news from the western and the eastern front are both looking grim. Truso is being threatened by the Burgundian advance. The newly created Chosen divisions are tasked with defending the city.
WacOGd6.jpg

The worsening war situation creates sense of unity in the whole nation.
9Oqvaoy.jpg

On 24th Hedjaz begins sending military equipment to the Pact. The planners of the campaign in Middle East are worried about Hedjaz entering the war, which could result in the forces in Trebizondian territory to be encircled. The decision is made to take defensive stance.
9jR5NYS.jpg

Italian divisions cross border into Aquilea on 6th of January, beginning the Italian-Aquilean war. Since Aquilea is still quranteed by Prussia, the government in Postojna asks support from Prussia. With the war against the Pact going poorly, the request is denied. The betrayal of Aquilea is very controversial and the decision results in many regular Prussians lose faith in the government. Aquilea is unable to defend itself alone for long and is annexed into Italy.
fVfi7Fj.jpg

In January 15th, the threat of Hedjaz joining the war is so high that all aggressive operations in the area are deemed too risky. The Middle East Army Group returns to Israeli territory. The forces in the area are beyond what is needed to defend Israel and Egypt, so some divisions are disbanded and the equipment is to be moved to the main front. On the home front, great effort is put into slowing the spread of stories about the defeats that have been suffered.
344hu2e.jpg

On the western front, Truso, the capital and birthplace of the Prussian nation is captured by the advancing armies of Burgundy. Columns of Burgundian soldiers march past the Palace of Kings, which is riddled with bullet holes. Because of the defeat in the northern side of the front, the southern line of defense is abandoned and the puppet nations are left to fend off for themselves. The Burgundian and Trebizondian forces meet and the fronts combine.
WNpvYkA.jpg

By February the situation is desperate since so much of the industrial capacity of the nation has been lost. The defenders, lead by Simanis and Petrovs, have retreated north and are lacking equipment. Many divisions are combined to create single division with enough equipment. Morale is at all time low. Some put their faith into old legends.
eNPX3iS.jpg

5f41cNW.jpg

The line holds for a few weeks while the Pact prepares a large offensive that begins in March of 1940.
JyarbZK.jpg

1UT8JGm.jpg

Forces commanded by general Romans Irbitis in Israel are not able supply themselves.
15YUeJA.jpg

In April many defending divisions are encircled by the combined offensive of Burgundy and Trebizond. Continuing the war from Fennoscandia is considered but eventually the desicion is made that defensive operations can only stall the inevitable and would only increase the suffering of the Prussian people. The armed forces are ordered to stop fighting and the war ends.
jLF9nRl.jpg

Some interesting events happen before the peace deal is reached:

Italian revanchism continues with invasion of Croatia that begins on 31 of May.
3ptE3AB.jpg

War between Mexican and Colombian alliances begins on 2nd of June 1940. Brin Marvin's Louisiana is preparing invasion of Mexico as well.
aW2iM0J.jpg

Prussia surrenders in early June of 1940. The game crashes.

Went down fighting - and the game then gave up hope by the sounds of it.

Because the peace conference crashing I cannot show what post war world will look like but knowing the peace conference AI and the converted mod I would predict that there will be many small oddly shaped nations appearing on the map as puppets of the victors. Some of them will even have exactly the same name because both the Duchy and Kingdom got converted! Perhaps its for the best to not find out, AI often makes quite ugly looking maps in peace deals even in vanilla game. :p

I took me a long time to complete the last chapter since I lost motivation after realizing that I was going to lose the war because I had played poorly up to that point. I might have won if I had tried hard enough, but I had limited motivation to put many hours into old version of Hoi4. What I should have done is start this AAR earlier so I could have finished it before the new patch was out. In the end I got motivation to finish this since I didn't want to leave it incomplete and I thought that AAR where the player loses can be interesting to read about too.

Winning the war as Prussia should not be that hard, I was just playing poorly since I had won the war in my test game and I was complacent. Focusing on defeating Korkutids fast could have changed everything. Rushing the focus tree to remove the negative economic ideas would have resulted in more production. Allying with Gelre or Italy with the focuses would have also helped.

At least for me there is a folder "C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod". Put the Prussiasglory folder and Prussiasglory.mod file to that folder.