• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Africa does look a little untidy.

Shopping Spree, part 2

After maximizing the daily income, I'll went buying Africa.
Meanwhile the Agadir incident happened and tesions are building up.

As being the biggest fish in the pond, I'll could risk some confrontation.
But the British Gentlemen tries to broker something. We accpeted as it will look like that I get some part of Marokko for free.

And the French accepted. I had right.

So after this small intermezzo, I'll continued buying.
France is not a colonial power anymore...
UK only has the India-holdings, as they are cores.
Japan, who got Korea, was happiliy selling it for about 3 Million. (4 Steps).
I even got some British spouils from their war with Mexico.
Now there is nothing to buy anymore for a reasonable price.

Due to a popular request, I'll checked how much Austria wants for Brno.
It is simply weired.

So I put all txes back to zero to reduce Militancy and get the Capis back to building railroads.
My Capis in Berlin got more than 100 pounds per day increase of their funds, after buying all stuff they want, including luxury. The tariffs are making my day.

Last edited:
No taxes is good :)

lLol, I remenber when I played Stronghold, there was this guy that said "Good taxes is no taxes, thats my motto." :rofl:

9 years left and that is the start...

HI Folks.
The last lap is on.

Now a overview of the situation 9 years before end.

South Africa.

North africa.

New Zeeland region:

Japan/China region:

Central Asia / India region.
Russia has quite a bunch of land, which is not core...

Germany itself:

The carribean region...without Pirates :cool:

the Alaska/Hawaii region.
URL=http://img142.imageshack.us/i/9yearsalaskahawaii.jpg/]
9yearsalaskahawaii.jpg
[/URL]

and finally the South America region

This is the final result, with proof. BB score = 0.40 (Which is acceptable).
I released Afghanistan as Dominion to burn off 7 points I accumulated by cleaning up the 1 province uncivs.
And to proove that with decent taxes and a good economy, all social things can be set to good.

I am quite interested, what the result is if I convert it to HOI 2...

Hoi will be real interesting :D

Final Score and the HOI 2 transition

As a final Post to this short AAR here is the final score.
Sadly I didn't crack the 30.000 mark, but was so close...
At least I had more than twice the score of UK and nearly the sum of the rank 2-4.

Here is the overview of HOI 2 startup.
I found out that NO additional infrastructure was developed.
The 12,3 Million Pounds were transformed to 12,3K $ Is OK as everything else would be insane...
No Airfields, No Ports (maybe I didn't build any in Vicky). But 577 Industry :)o)
even with the full trades to get metal, Rares and oil, I couldn't satisfy my demands. It seems that only 2 states can cope with their resource demands at a full blown Industry optimized gameplay of Vicky converted to HOI 2. the States and Russia.

If I may...

My Godness !!!

I read your whole AAR. I am not shocked by things you had with Germany. It's the BB that is bothering me. Is the mod you're using that permit you to lower that much your BB ?

I only play vanilla, so maybe it's because of that. But for what you did, you should have received an UK invasion in the early game, you ass kicked and Germany back to it's just a little more than it's historical ambitions...

There is another possibility : I'm not good enough at victoria :D

Please, after reading your AAR I don't get how you went so powerfull !!!

@ Ankios:
As stated in the first Post, I am using the VIP mod for Ricky, which has several more events, including the "State support for Strategic Industry", which gives us factories for a hefty sum of money.

The vanilla Ricky does not have the two events which lessens the BB by 25 together.
The expansion was done in the typical 2-Step annex procedure, which allows the total annexiation of an unciv in 2 steps for only 1 BB.
Later I simply bought the provinces from France and UK (and Russia and Japan).
Keeping the Relations high is the key to keep UK and France calm.
I had 5 DI's in reserve if something happens which reduces relations and if something happens, I simply make a DI-offensive.
Normally I increase the relations by 100 with 5 DI's, sometime less, sometime more.

@ Enewald:
I will check it, but I think it is quite high as being full isolanistic and dove...

Last edited:
@ Ankios:
As stated in the first Post, I am using the VIP mod for Ricky, which has several more events, including the "State support for Strategic Industry", which gives us factories for a hefty sum of money.

The vanilla Ricky does not have the two events which lessens the BB by 25 together.
The expansion was done in the typical 2-Step annex procedure, which allows the total annexiation of an unciv in 2 steps for only 1 BB.
Later I simply bought the provinces from France and UK (and Russia and Japan).
Keeping the Relations high is the key to keep UK and France calm.
I had 5 DI's in reserve if something happens which reduces relations and if something happens, I simply make a DI-offensive.
Normally I increase the relations by 100 with 5 DI's, sometime less, sometime more.

@ Enewald:
I will check it, but I think it is quite high as being full isolanistic and dove...

Well I simply did knew what that mod is doing so now I understand it better !!!

Anyway well done on this AAR ;)

Very good AAR!

I'm reading all the Vicky AAR's so I can see what Vicky's about and then buy it soon, or I may just buy Victoria 2. We'll just have to wait and see.

And now Im debating whether to play as Prussia, or Norway first when I get Vicky, or Vicky 2. D:

Very good AAR!

I'm reading all the Vicky AAR's so I can see what Vicky's about and then buy it soon, or I may just buy Victoria 2. We'll just have to wait and see.

And now Im debating whether to play as Prussia, or Norway first when I get Vicky, or Vicky 2. D:

Red_co, if I may,

In my mind there is two games that I consider as the better ones Paradox Interactive made : Victoria Revolution and HoI 2 (with extensions).

Of course every paradox game is great, (I didn't tried HoI3 though). But you should definitely try Victoria for a that low price game, and probably the only one right now on the market that permit you to give Conservative economics for your country.
;);)

Red_co, if I may,

In my mind there is two games that I consider as the better ones Paradox Interactive made : Victoria Revolution and HoI 2 (with extensions).

Of course every paradox game is great, (I didn't tried HoI3 though). But you should definitely try Victoria for a that low price game, and probably the only one right now on the market that permit you to give Conservative economics for your country.
;);)

I hope I can find it in a near by store. :D
I'll probably be getting it for Christmas or a couple days after since I get money to spend on whatever I want. ;D

Anyways I don't want to go off topic. So the rest of you guys can comment on the AAR without me getting you guys off topic, sorry.

P.S. I like how you added the Conservative Economics thing. :p I guess you looked at my "modern" Victoria sig.

Good question, honestly I don't know.
I easily put over 30 Million into land-purchasing in the last part. What I payed in the 19th century I have no clue.
(4 Million in Korea, 3 Million Congress Poland, 3 Million Finnland, 4 Million Estland/Lithunia, 2 Million Kaucasus, 3 Million Cental Asia, about 10 Million in Africa (over 100 Provinces from France) and also quite a sum in India from UK.

It is a BB-less method to gain land and population and if you do it right, you can even get Canada, Australia and South Africa without annoying the Brits.

There seems to be three classes of land values, which you may encounter (and also exploit a bit)
Colonies (cheap. one colony may be less than 100.000)
Mainland (medium. Ranges from 250.000 to 450.000 each, depending on population and infrastructure)
Cores (expensive. Minimum 2 Million and up.)

A nice method is to declare war on Egypt, take land in the Levant and trade that land to the Ottomans for land in the Bosnian region. One Land in the Levant is equal to 3 or 4 in the Balkans. If you add some tech, you get the 5. Do it 3 times and you have a nice additional base of income and resources.