• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ran Miller

Rat King
18 Badges
Jan 5, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
[MOD] Ogamod - A Revamp Traits mod v1.01

Ogamodv1.02
A Revamp Traits mod.

(Only compatible with English, unless someone has the time and will to translate it for me. I wont work with Google translate.)

Ogabuga-1.jpg

(The traits.)

(Examples of some of the events.)
cunning.jpgfashion.jpg judgmental.jpg

(Finally... Dragons!)
dragons.jpg

Finally released!
*Note; Sadly all my free time allocated to mod is being devoured by "A Game of Thrones" mod, so this mod's development is on hiatus.

This mod features a total revamp of all the traits (with mostly JRR Martins universe in mind, as this is originally intended to be a modmod for "A Game of Thrnoes).
I also made significant changes to the opinion_modifiers so things will work better with my trait changes.

This mod really makes traits define relationships, rather then (almost) everything else.
People are more likely to get along or to be mortal enemies!

Features:
All the changes are listed in the attached xl sheet.
- 20 new traits.
- 30 new events.
- Events differ form a 1 option thing, to a 4 option branching event depending on the traits of the tutor.
- 15 new pictures.
- Really affects relations, for example; A deceitful cruel violent man will have a hard time making friends. Unless he is extremely competent.
- Matrimonial life is really affected.
- More rolls for women who can now be councilors & stewards.
- More traits that affect Taxation, Sex appeal & fertility.
- The randomizing of traits in the beginning can create totally different games every playthrough.
- Includes "Council Shuffling - "fired from council" mitigated at reassignment" mod, made by The_Chancellor.
(link in credits.)

So, here it is;
Ogamod! (v1.02)

Changelog v1.01
- Made it compatible with 1.04c.
Changelog v1.02
- Fixed the "doublication" of traits.

Permission - If anyone wants to use this mod in their mods, go ahead. Just give credits.
Compatibility - Yes/no. Not compatible with any other mod that changes traits. Unless you override their files with mine. Running them both at the same time will erase the internet.
Humor - This mod contains humor, if you are offended by 3rd wall breaking humor you might want to save yourself the time, and download something else.

On a personal note; Everything should be 100% working. Yet i haven't really tested it for balance (should be balanced tho), so any feedback will be appreciated and will speed up the release of more balanced versions.

Credits:
Ash001 for this - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585037-CKII-trait-list-and-effects
sunspear/istrikeforce - For patience and advice.
Cabezaestufa - For advice, and for kindling in me a passion to start trying to mod. Bug testing & inspiration. Moral support.
The_Chancellor - For his mod; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...gated-at-reassignment&p=13480727#post13480727

Attachments

• ogamod.jpg
    ogamod.jpg
    171,3 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Very nice, I'll try it out at once. I'm actually also making a trait overhaul mod so it'll be intresting to see how you've made yours. I'm trying to make traits more rewarding and penalizing to increase their importance for gameplay, but I'm not altering the opinion stuff too much.

It looks very good, especially for a first mod. :)

Nice one, Ran!

I have a few ideas of my own on traits and hopefully I'll share them with you guys on this sub-forum soon.
Might be good to bounce a few ideas off each other.

In any case, just so you know: my idea is to add about a hundred :)ninja:) more traits to the game - if everything works out as intended, of course.
:cool:

i put the mod in mod file but it doesnt show up in launcher, think there is supposed to be a mpeg file.
many thanks for mod.

Sry!
Forgot the most important file... fixed this in the 0.3 version. :blush:

Nice one, Ran!

I have a few ideas of my own on traits and hopefully I'll share them with you guys on this sub-forum soon.
Might be good to bounce a few ideas off each other.

In any case, just so you know: my idea is to add about a hundred :)ninja:) more traits to the game - if everything works out as intended, of course.
:cool:

Yeah, would love to bounce ideas. Thats why i keep including even my previous versions of the mod in the xl files, so people might get a glance into my thought proses.
I also have a small list of about 30 new traits, my problem is finding a graphics guy that will be (my bitch) kind enough to do the icons...
I really like the current style, very easy to identify good/bad ones, so i would like to stay loyal to the current style.
No luck so far...

Any chance this is compatible with BGA?

Sadly no, unless you want to override his own changes to the trait's and create a hybrid mod.
In that case just override his existing trait files with mine.
From what i see he tried to actually balance the traits for game-play, while i went for a different approach, radicalizing peoples opinions based on traits.

Sounds like a good start for your mod. I did a similar events ones for CK1 based on all the little stories from the Martin books (ie your kids find wolf pups etc etc)

Going to give your mod a try today.
Also I am a 'graphics guy' so can help with icons if nedeed ... but am nobodies bitch ;)

Also meant to add if you want to allow females to do council roles that the original game doesnt you need to also change the "job_X.txt" files in the events folder, or your new female chancelor will never be able to fabricate a claim for example.

Also meant to add if you want to allow females to do council roles that the original game doesnt you need to also change the "job_X.txt" files in the events folder, or your new female chancelor will never be able to fabricate a claim for example.

Omg yes!
Thanks for that...

Also events letting the steward be killed by angry peasants...

Will enable all of those in next version.

Last edited:
Tactful has only one L, but I like the name of the trait already. :)

Your added modifier "opinion_job_security_concerns" has no entry in a txt localization file so it displays that full code line in the mouse over txt instead.

EDIT: also meant to add, for adding things to localization its best to create a brand new csv file with your own name/mod name rather than adding them to original files. That way it doesnt clash with other mods or patches.

Last edited:
Your added modifier "opinion_job_security_concerns" has no entry in a txt localization file so it displays that full code line in the mouse over txt instead.

EDIT: also meant to add, for adding things to localization its best to create a brand new txt file with your own name/mod name rather than adding them to original files. That way it doesnt clash with other mods or patches.

1. I decided to prospone all the "real" localization.txt work for after im satisfied with all the changes.
2. Quick Question, if im renaming something.
Like the underhanded_rouge, if i put it in a different localization file will it still override it?

Tactful has only one L, but I like the name of the trait already. :)

BolLlocks.
Willl have to change that...

Last edited:
"Underhanded rouge" sounds like dishonest make-up. I'm sure you mean rogue instead. :)

Woot?
Its the default name... code even refers to it as "Underhanded_rogue". I changed because it sounded horrible IMHO.

While typing this i realize how dumb i am... :(
..and how nitpicking you are! lol. :p

If you change the name of an existing function you only need to add the new name to a new locilisation csv file.
The old txt will be ignored as it will no longer be called as the function no longer exists.

(I think thats what you meant?)

EDIT: or if you meant change the display name ... correct, adding an old function and just changing the display name (in your new csv) will automaticly override the original file.

Last edited:
A very nice mod after my own heart! Shoot I made the triggers & traits and vices & virtues mods for RTW. I must say love doing such mods. Anyway I was considering doing such a project for CKII when it was made - functionality and time availability of course.

Nonetheless it is nice to someone start working on one.

Great mod, it really makes the traits more important, I love it. One problem I'm having is not getting the ''+50 entrusted ward bonus'', but if I change tutors I will get the ''-15 lost a ward'' penalty though..?

Great mod, it really makes the traits more important, I love it. One problem I'm having is not getting the ''+50 entrusted ward bonus'', but if I change tutors I will get the ''-15 lost a ward'' penalty though..?

Curious bug... I honestly have no idea why it dosent show up...

This is how it works;

When you take a ward, YOUR own opinion of the character that gave you its courtier/child will change by +50.
If you want to improve the opinion of your vassal, give him your child.

Ive tested it, and it seems to be working for me. Plz tell me if you still dont get this buff...

Many thanks for this mod. I enjoy it very much.
The random shuffling of traits at the beginning does really spice up my games.

One note though: I really preferred you would stay in character with descriptions. When I read descriptions like "This character laughs at fart jokes & watches family guy." for "immature" it does kind of lessen the experience for me...