Offline mode means no access to saved games??

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlandWolf

Sergeant
2 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
I'm at work and not always having access to online but supposedly I can play offline quite happily but I am not allowed to access my saved games??????????? And yes I mean in campaign...what good is offline if I can't play what I've already saved????

If you are playing offline, of course you can't access your saved games when playing from a different location.

The game saves your games onto your drive locally and then syncs with Steams cloud. When in offline mode, you don't have access to the cloud save games if you are playing from a different location to home.

Games are saved locally on your hard drive. For the Steam version this is in the /Steam/userdata/$USERID/637090/ directory - I don't know where they are saved for the other versions.

If you don't see your saved games when you start the game, you may need to - bear with me - restart the game. It is a known bug in the release version that sometimes the savegames do not show up to load when you start the game.

I don`t know if you`re on Steam or GOG, but on the GOG version you can definitely access your saved games Offline. Thankfully. Although I have yet to acess my pre-order skin I paid for.

Same laptop just different power outlet. I know it won't be on another computer offline

Hmmmm, that is strange. As said, try restarting your game because some times it just doesn't recognise the savegames being there.

I thought you were trying to play on different systems. My bad. :(

If your games are not appearing, aka you have the load game button gray out. Just restart the game.

There is a current bug where your saves may not appear, but a restart of the game usually fixes it.

For anyone who's still wondering

Savegames need to be in "ur Username"\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games
and not in the steam folder while offline. So just transfer them there and ur good to go

PS: this is the first link on google, thats why im replying

For anyone who's still wondering

Savegames need to be in "ur Username"\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games
and not in the steam folder while offline. So just transfer them there and ur good to go

PS: this is the first link on google, thats why im replying
Wrong game or at least wrong forum. This is a Battletech thread, not CK3. :)

I am locking this thread. If you have a problem with save games, please report it in the
bug reports subforum so that the appropriate staff can help fix it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.