• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DavidMK

Captain
56 Badges
Feb 17, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Log Entry 1:
January 15th, 2281

As Expedition Leader, it falls to me to maintain this log, so here it goes.

An interesting mission we find ourselves undertaking. Ever since Incident Alpha this mission has been in the works. How could it not be? The wormhole led to a parallel universe identical to our own but existing in a slower spacetime. From outside things look to not move at all but our probes recorded video in real time (from our own point of view no less) indicating that anyone that went thru could operate normally despite coming from a faster universe. The researchers think that the wormhole somehow interacts with the other universe to present us with a view that only shows us the other side at the point of contact. Nobody has tested this by opening another wormhole for fear that we won't be able to reconnect. The implication of all of this is obvious, time travel without screwing up the timeline. And thus we find ourselves about to head thru.

I'm being told the prep work is done and my team is to gather in the wormhole room. I'm to transmit this log back via a Quantum Communication Device (QCD). I'm not totally sure how it works or how it remains powered but it it does work and the power cells is expected to last for about 500 years so whatever.

Mission Control is getting cross with me. This is the 2nd time they've radioed me and the sound annoyed now.

Log Filed: Miles O' Kelly

This is inspired by Time Traveling Legacy and follows the same premise in that someone travels back in time to Ireland. That being said, this it a totally different story.

I'll be posting in the style of the OP with the Team Leader being responsible for transmitting the log back to the future. Assuming everyone doesn't die on me leadership of the expedition will fall to the senior team member that came with me. Once the original team dies off, the most senior ranking member of my dynasty (which my not always be my hair) will take charge. I'll also keep the original team members relevant by incorporating their descendants (if any) into the story.

Interesting premise

Log Entry 2:
January 1st, 769

Well that went easier than expected. The XR-51 Serum we brought worked as advertized and we were able to bend my predecessor to our will (a tricky proposition for the 2 days after we dosed him as our translator, which was supposed to allow us to speak Old Irish, was on the fritz). Shame the effects only last a week and we carried only 1 dose as it'd have made this easier. Still it did it's job and we were able to force the poor fool to abdicate in my favor. His son was none too happy but the 'court' (a gang of vagabonds really) didn't object too loudly and the man has no army. Both have, if angrily, settled into their new lives without causing trouble.

Albert is, among other talents, an accomplished graphic design artist and has come up with an amusing means of displaying data points. Included is a summary of both myself and my predecessor:

ig0a2rr.jpg

As an aside to anyone finding it amusing that a guy named Miles O'... with an Irish accent is a chief, I can confirm that my parents are indeed Star Trek fans and I was indeed named after Chief of Engeneering Miles O'Brien though the latter part is just unfortunate coincidence. The best part about traveling thru the wormhole and not having 2 way communication is getting away from those bloody jokes. The man isn't even real!

fHXAOeh.jpg

The old man is pushing 60 in the early Medieval period and without the lifelong good health modern health care provides. Taking charge before he croaked and sidelining his ignorant son may be a stabilizing factor. I know it is a major reason we were sent to Dublin and I fully agree with the calculation. Once the political situation is settled, I think the expedition will be on a solid footing.

I'll be sure to report more when something of note happens.

Log Filed: Team Leader Miles O' Kelly

Last edited:
Heh, I'm reading over my 2nd post and realize my AAR is an actual AAR and not some joke story or crazy RP. A rarity I think. :p

All AARs are AARs, even if they are jokey stories or have unbound craziness. Trust me, I've read a few :D

Will give this a watch

Can I ask what a presidesor is though please?

Interesting premise. I like it!

At least in the past he won't have to deal with all those holodeck malfunctions.