• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An apology would make me happier; just a little something on their twitter. Yet as much as they're willing to own up to their mistakes, they've yet to say even just "sorry". I'm pretty sure we're allowed to ask for that at least.

I also need to take madpaddy's side here. We paid $40 for a game that wasn't released on time, and then when it was released, we got a near unplayable beta. Now, nearly 5 hours after release, we're still waiting for the patch they started uploading nearly 3 hours ago. He has every right to be upset, guys. Whether or not his anger leads to poor logic and choice of words is another matter, but he does have the right to complain. You have the right to ignore. :)

From what I understand they did say sorry on the kerberos forums, but said forums are down at the moment.

yes thats what I heard as well. They should move that reply to this forum as well I think. Since most of us here who bought the game has not seen it. but there choice.

They are trying there best and it is not like Kerberous has done this before in the past. So consider it a learning experience for them.

You really are mad, your post makes no sense. That's because the developers said themselves that it isn't Steams fault.

Why would a new car be made at a garage? They come straight from factories, so it's the manufacturers fault, not the garages.

You buy a new car at a garage not the factory,which is the same as as it been steam or the devs it doesnt matter who is to blame it should NOT happen period.

An apology would make me happier;

I'd rather they keep working on providing the correct version and then get some sleep (they mentioned they had been at the office for over 50 hours) rather than spending time on posting pleasantries on Twitter. That can be done tomorrow, too. Kerberos has always been fairly blunt and they have already said it was their responsibility. To me, it seems you're just looking for yet another reason to throw mud at them.

I also need to take madpaddy's side here

You spent the whole day at the Steam forum spreading negativity. Would you please try to not fuel the flames here, too?

I would have a question.
Is the files the GG download downloades the right files? So if I would remove the beta files steam has, could I skip downloading the right files if I remove the steam files and then wait for steam to have the right files and istall it via the GG downloaded files?

I would have a question.
Is the files the GG download downloades the right files? So if I would remove the beta files steam has, could I skip downloading the right files if I remove the steam files and then wait for steam to have the right files and istall it via the GG downloaded files?

I have the GG version and it wont work without conecting to steam for the activation it then auto installs the steam version,i tried to install it with steam off and then turn off my internet but it doesnt work,it seems that the GG download is a complete waist of time.

An apology would make me happier; just a little something on their twitter. Yet as much as they're willing to own up to their mistakes, they've yet to say even just "sorry". I'm pretty sure we're allowed to ask for that at least.

I also need to take madpaddy's side here. We paid $40 for a game that wasn't released on time, and then when it was released, we got a near unplayable beta. Now, nearly 5 hours after release, we're still waiting for the patch they started uploading nearly 3 hours ago. He has every right to be upset, guys. Whether or not his anger leads to poor logic and choice of words is another matter, but he does have the right to complain. You have the right to ignore. :)

Actually they did apologized here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...sion-right&p=13011967&viewfull=1#post13011967

As to the rest, can't blame you for being mad, just remember they have been working really hard and the ones most angry at them is probably themselves. Mecron stated at one time that he hadn't slept in 50 hr... and it's all for YOU!

Me too buddy, but I doubt we'll get it. With most crisis like these the devs lose themselves in fixing the issue and forget about actually letting the costumers know what's going on.

If been on the other side of this and I've frequently thought, 'Do they want me to fix it or do they want me to tell them I'm going to fix it?' I know that's not really a great psychology, but when you're in crisis mode customer updates tend to be the first thing to fall to the wayside.

So if it was your car you would go back to the garage angry not the factory,which is my point all along nuff said.

But it wasn't the garages fault, and in this case, that doesn't apply. You can complain in their forums in your want, but first, you do realize they have been working 50 hours straight, no sleep? It's simply human error. Calm down.

I'd rather they keep working on providing the correct version and then get some sleep (they mentioned they had been at the office for over 50 hours) rather than spending time on posting pleasantries on Twitter. That can be done tomorrow, too. Kerberos has always been fairly blunt and they have already said it was their responsibility. To me, it seems you're just looking for yet another reason to throw mud at them.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting them to drop their work and write an essay on the topic. I'm literally only hoping for a 'sorry' in twitter. It seem sthat sentiment has offended you though?

There's no mud slinging either. Kerberos is a fine company, and if you read my posts I'm pretty sure I've spoken of my love for them and SOTS. Heck, if I didn't love them as much as I do, I wouldn't be so upset about things to begin with. I brushed of Dead Island just as I brush off most poor early releases. But this one is close to my heart. I'm not going to apologize for being affected by it.

You spent the whole day at the Steam forum spreading negativity. Would you please try to not fuel the flames here, too?

I went on the Steam forums after the release date went from 0 hours to 5. I was and am upset about it. Yet I left most of that foul mood on the Steam forums. I've no interest in bringing them here, nor do I want any flaming. What I said was that the guy has every right to be upset, and you have every right to ignore him. Just that you shouldn't tell him off for not being happy with the situation. It comes off as fanboyish.

So how about we agree to disagree on this, or something? You don't want flaming, I don't want flaming, and we're both pretty set in our opinions. Don't mean you ain't a cool dude. :)

EDIT:
If been on the other side of this and I've frequently thought, 'Do they want me to fix it or do they want me to tell them I'm going to fix it?' I know that's not really a great psychology, but when you're in crisis mode customer updates tend to be the first thing to fall to the wayside.

Ecchoing this because it's completely true.

I have the GG version and it wont work without conecting to steam for the activation it then auto installs the steam version,i tried to install it with steam off and then turn off my internet but it doesnt work,it seems that the GG download is a complete waist of time.
Well I was asking for when steam has the right files. Since we know that the installation requires steam to complete. As of this moment since steam thinks the GG files are wrong due to steam having the wrong version, we don't really know if the GG download is worthless or not.

Has anyone with the GG files tried to go into Steam right click on Sword of the Stars II go to Properties, Updates, and change automatic update to Do not automatically update this game. Then close out steam. Copy correct files from GG and start steam?

Absolutely, you have every right to be disappointed and let me assure you that everyone involved is very sorry for all this inconvenience around release. As people have mentioned, a lot of people are working very hard to fix things and we really appreciate the patience you have shown.

Kind Regards
Susana

For those that need more than one apology, check their Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/SwordoftheStars

"We'd like to thank all of you for being so patient and are very sorry for the inconvenience , hopefully we'll have news soon"

I'm happy. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Dang. Doubled. Thank you, Susana. Just that? Honestly makes me a lot less bitter about the whole thing. Kerberos, I hope this thing gets fixed quick so you guys can take that vacation you've duly earned. :)

Well I was asking for when steam has the right files. Since we know that the installation requires steam to complete. As of this moment since steam thinks the GG files are wrong due to steam having the wrong version, we don't really know if the GG download is worthless or not.

Well it would seem worthless to me if we just needed the activation off GG then yeh it would be cool and hopefully its the right ver,but as we still need to download the steam version after the GG version i see no reason for the GG version atm...few lol.