• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Silfae Portraits make the game better imo!

Also, is the singleplayer/multiplayer problem of getting insane lags and desyncs after a few hundred years adressed?

• Portraits updated (vanilla portraits will almost certainly be used for humans, currently in progress) I'm aware this will be a controversial change.... It will be a mix of vanilla portrait properties and the mods portrait properties in an attempt to find a good middle ground.

I get that Silfae human portraits can feel weird at times but if I understand correctly for now for the other races you're going to keep Silfae's portraits. Correct ?

• Empire Map Overhaul is still in progress, Nearly done but is easily the most work out of anything on this list. This is also the primary reason the testing version has not been released.

Nice, I guess, any preview planned ? :D

On a side note any plan to stop the special traits such as Ice Witches from dying out after a few decades ? (and I'm using that example because Kislev is in your 1st Milestone)

Cant wait for an update! You guys are making Sigmar proud :)

Might be a while before a new update. Komi has a lot of real life to deal with too, after all. One of the nasty side-effects of this necessity to eat.

Might be a while before a new update. Komi has a lot of real life to deal with too, after all. One of the nasty side-effects of this necessity to eat.
Great right as i was getting my hopes up you had to jinx it xd

What ? He eats ? Preposterous !!!

In all seriousness though update will happen when we less expect it probably... And there are other things to do in the meantime.

Great right as i was getting my hopes up you had to jinx it xd

Do read my forum title, friend. It's my job description ever since I announced that we won't do Skaven to deliver jinxes and bad news. *snickers.*

Hopefully using the vanilla portraits will be optional, the unique portraits really are the best part of this mod for me as weird as it sounds. It really allows you to deeper immerse yourself in the world. But nice to see that this mod is still alive!

Hopefully using the vanilla portraits will be optional, the unique portraits really are the best part of this mod for me as weird as it sounds. It really allows you to deeper immerse yourself in the world. But nice to see that this mod is still alive!

It was said by Komioski that he'd make them available as well, beforehand.
Likely in a way similar to how the current continent-cutaways are handled, but that's just my educated guess.
I am in agreement though, it'd not be the same without the chinless imperials. :D

I know everyone loves this, is the decision to form the Colleges of Magic, recruiting former hedge wizards into the college, and probably stops the persecution of magic user going to be part of the new patch even though it is centuries before Magnus the Pious?

Any news on when the mod's coming out? This is one of my favorite mods and its saddening that it's still not finished.
I think most devs on most mods would appreciate it if other forum users understood that they mostly have day jobs and personal lives, and build their mods as a hobby. Sure it's a bit sad when you have to wait for your favourite mod to be updated, but constant nagging or hand-wringing about it does nothing for morale and doesn't help the devs make progress on their mods. And if the devs do put their heads down and work on their mods, their resulting silence on the forums is greeted with posts saying 'is this mod dead?'

Give devs a chance. Producing even a small mod is hard work and takes time; reworking a total conversion like this is really tricky and takes as long as it takes. Please be patient and supportive of your devs.

nd

You're doing a great work guys! This mod kept me going, while I had gotten bored of vanilla.
As a huge fan of the Dwarfs (Dawi), I cant tell you how I've longed for this mod.
I truly wiched PDX had just taken this mod, (and hired you guys ofc) and sold it as a DLC (fixed ofc).

I think most devs on most mods would appreciate it if other forum users understood that they mostly have day jobs and personal lives, and build their mods as a hobby. Sure it's a bit sad when you have to wait for your favourite mod to be updated, but constant nagging or hand-wringing about it does nothing for morale and doesn't help the devs make progress on their mods. And if the devs do put their heads down and work on their mods, their resulting silence on the forums is greeted with posts saying 'is this mod dead?'

Give devs a chance. Producing even a small mod is hard work and takes time; reworking a total conversion like this is really tricky and takes as long as it takes. Please be patient and supportive of your devs.

nd

That's generally the go-to expectation for how to deal with delays. People work on mods like these as a labor of love, obviously.

HOWEVER, this update is closing in on the 2 year mark. Comments like "dead mod" are generally the norm when you're this far into a patch cycle without a compatibility update. I've been into the modding scene for a long time now, though my work's been done on other games. This old girl is on the backburner. The team working on it now is not the same one that started it. This is indicative of a long update process, where we might see a brief resurgence of interest once the final product is complete, but people will certainly be impatient in the meantime. No amount of cheerleading will change these things. "Woo keep it up guys you're doing great, take as long as you need!" As said by the fans of Bannerlord, Star Citizen, etc. Obviously those are paid workers, but the uselessness of the sentiment is the same. Unless the modders are passionate and dedicated, and of course have the time to devote to it, have a certain threshold for completion they're working towards actively, etc, the mod's not getting done any time soon. This exact scenario played out in most of my Mount and Blade modding groups, specifically Prophesy of Pendor, there's precedent. And as someone that has followed *this* mod since its inception, it's nothing new here either - although this is the longest it's gone between versions. People wonder when it will be done and overzealous sympathizers berate them. Your stance at this point is ridiculous, though it would hold true a year ago - if with some reservations about timeliness.

What's worse, people giving up all interest and checking the board every couple of months, seeing no or little progress, and forgetting about it, not talking at all -
OR showing that they still have enthusiasm enough to ask when the next version is coming out? As someone who has made things for the public, I know that personally it makes me anxious as fuck when people are constantly asking when X thing is going to be done, we've been waiting X amount of time for it and why isn't X and also Y finished yet. BUT it also shows me that they care, that I'm making something that people love and that ENCOURAGES me to work on it when I might have felt that other projects or engagements were more pressing. Everyone handles that sort of thing differently. It's not good to talk for others, in any case. If the developers don't want those questions on their forum, and they've said they don't in the past, then the only polite thing to do is let the mod slide into obscurity while they work on it by their own glacial pace - as fans of this mod have done in the past. I don't post in this forum due to the hostility of the team and their hangers-on, but I will post this to admonish you folks for being rude to fans innocently wondering when something they love will be completed.