• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well a lot of these changes sound pretty cool, but I definitely don't like using non-silfae portaits, but I guess I can just edit the mod

I just wanted to say thanks for doing the effort! This mod is one of my favorites and I look forward to be able to play it again

Theres been alot of smaller changes and other work done, Such as sainthood, great works, bloodlines, and I spent a healthy amount of time finishing an assign_racial_trait = yes command to be placed in every instance of new_character to ensure newly created characters are given proper traits immediatly to squash that very annoying bug, and perhaps make it possible to use ruler designer.

@komioski How exactly are you assigning races to new characters? I ask, because there's a neat trick now possible using the on_employer_change on_action with trigger = { FROM = { character = no } } that will execute a maintenance event for all newly created characters, even those generated by hardcoded means (e.g., marriageable female courtiers). This obviates the need to modify every event that creates a new_character.

Last edited:
Glad to hear about progress on the mod. The news of map reworking is interesting, in particular. I hope you can get the feeling of the Empire's claimed territory being half wilderness, that was really missing with the map as it was. That also gives me hope for map reworking for the dwarfs, sometime in the future.

Keep up the good work!

I must ask you to work faster, though. The forces of Chaos never rest, and the peasants are revolting!

@komioski How exactly are you assigning races to new characters? I ask, because there's a neat trick now possible using the on_employer_change on_action with trigger = { FROM = { character = no } } that will execute a maintenance event for all newly created characters, even those generated by hardcoded means (e.g., marriageable female courtiers). This obviates the need to modify every event that creates a new_character.

I saw your suggestion on this but never investigated, feel free to write up some pseudocode or the actual event even and I’ll test and integrate it!

Use the new french potrait for the empire plz. They look so cool

French portraits in Brettonia

Keep up the good work!

I must ask you to work faster, though. The forces of Chaos never rest, and the peasants are revolting!

I actually just got my copy of the reprinted Liber Chaotica today :D im excited to be done with the Empire to get to the fun stuff!

I saw your suggestion on this but never investigated, feel free to write up some pseudocode or the actual event even and I’ll test and integrate it!

Okay, well, you'd create the following on_action:
Code:
on_employer_change = {
    events = {
        racial_trait_assignment_event
    }
}

And then an event having the following structure:
Code:
character_event = {
    id = racial_trait_assignment_event
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
        NOR = {
            mother_even_if_dead = { always = yes }
            true_father_even_if_dead = { always = yes }
        }
        FROM = { character = no }
    }

immediate = {
        assign_racial_trait = yes
    }
}

The way this works is, the on_action fires every time a character changes employer. The event then checks to see if the character a) has no parents, and b) has no prior employer (i.e., an undefined FROM scope). These criteria identify a new character created by event or hardcode, rather than born. Once a character meeting the criteria is identified, the event proceeds to assign him a race, according to your scripted effect. This allows a single maintenance event to catch all new characters as they're created. No more having to modify every single event that creates a new character!

Last edited:
Actually, is there something text related that needs work?
I can't contribute fulltime, but I'd be happy to do some proof reading and minor event texts.
If you have a list of minor tasks I would be happy to help out.

Use the new french potrait for the empire plz. They look so cool

The French Portraits look good for french fellas. The Empire is not French.
*cultural semi-pride triggered.*

Also, on a sidenote as apparently the most active remaining member of the older old team...
I know that the vast majority have either stopped modding for real-life-reasons, have actually been hired by Pdox or are integrated in some way into this attempt to revamp things.
Still can't agree with just removing Silfae's portraits, much as it makes sense in some pragmatic ways. :D But I am a huge nostalgic and fan of those, so maybe I'm just biased.
Hope progress remains steady as it is. I've been kind of out of the loop on what's been going on with this effort, but ultimately, as long as it keeps this one alive, I think I can't dislike it.

Finally, no idea why this forum still has no agree/disagree-button-access, I think it was meant to be sort of a test run by the mods?

Gamarasa: appears on the stage.
Me: I SAW THE LIGHT OF SIGMAR. Hype run through my veins and burning hot my cynical heart!
Well, it's time be optimistic again.
If a mad genius of comlicated mechanics appear here too, then I should book a place for myself in one of the finest shallyan asylums.

Gamarasa: appears on the stage.
Me: I SAW THE LIGHT OF SIGMAR. Hype run through my veins and burning hot my cynical heart!
Well, it's time be optimistic again.
If a mad genius of comlicated mechanics appear here too, then I should book a place for myself in one of the finest shallyan asylums.

Hey now, there's no reason to try to call Zarathustra here again. :D
And I've been here semi-reliably since forever, friend. Trying to answer questions where I can, while the people capable of doing script things fix things.

Your doing great work komioski. Didnt know you were the only active Dev.

Technically, that is wrong. I know at least two others are working on the mod atm as well.
Just on separate bits.