• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly I think what most of us want is just some updates on how the progress is going. I mean the last update we had was 2 almost 3 months ago...

I'd love to update you, if there was anything to update you on.
And I hope that what you perceived as hostility was not from my end, Rojiru. If so, I apologize. It's just similarly somewhat infuriating being the one remaining old team member that tries to at least somehow moderate this forum when I originally was just a tester.
I was somewhat against even giving you these updates in the first place due to being very certain it would take forever to get any actual update out with the progress hinging on all of one, maybe two people and the ambition being to totally rework the work of what amounts to a dozen plus. But was overruled and/or ignored, really.

Total conversions take a ridiculous amount of effort to make (let alone remake), so it's completely understandable that a small team progresses slowly. If you are impatient for the mod, first remember that they do it freely and as a hobby; The best thing you can do is to remind them how awesome they are from time to time, and to offer (or learn) modding skills to contribute.

Just a reminder to everyone you can still play the mod with older versions of CK2, I just recently put in another 150 hours in on the 2.5.2. version of the mod I'm still using

I think most devs on most mods would appreciate it if other forum users understood that they mostly have day jobs and personal lives, and build their mods as a hobby. Sure it's a bit sad when you have to wait for your favourite mod to be updated, but constant nagging or hand-wringing about it does nothing for morale and doesn't help the devs make progress on their mods. And if the devs do put their heads down and work on their mods, their resulting silence on the forums is greeted with posts saying 'is this mod dead?'

Give devs a chance. Producing even a small mod is hard work and takes time; reworking a total conversion like this is really tricky and takes as long as it takes. Please be patient and supportive of your devs.

nd

This is very accurate and I appreciate your continued support!

That's generally the go-to expectation for how to deal with delays. People work on mods like these as a labor of love, obviously.

HOWEVER, this update is closing in on the 2 year mark. Comments like "dead mod" are generally the norm when you're this far into a patch cycle without a compatibility update. I've been into the modding scene for a long time now, though my work's been done on other games. This old girl is on the backburner. The team working on it now is not the same one that started it. This is indicative of a long update process, where we might see a brief resurgence of interest once the final product is complete, but people will certainly be impatient in the meantime. No amount of cheerleading will change these things. "Woo keep it up guys you're doing great, take as long as you need!" As said by the fans of Bannerlord, Star Citizen, etc. Obviously those are paid workers, but the uselessness of the sentiment is the same. Unless the modders are passionate and dedicated, and of course have the time to devote to it, have a certain threshold for completion they're working towards actively, etc, the mod's not getting done any time soon. This exact scenario played out in most of my Mount and Blade modding groups, specifically Prophesy of Pendor, there's precedent. And as someone that has followed *this* mod since its inception, it's nothing new here either - although this is the longest it's gone between versions. People wonder when it will be done and overzealous sympathizers berate them. Your stance at this point is ridiculous, though it would hold true a year ago - if with some reservations about timeliness.

What's worse, people giving up all interest and checking the board every couple of months, seeing no or little progress, and forgetting about it, not talking at all -
OR showing that they still have enthusiasm enough to ask when the next version is coming out? As someone who has made things for the public, I know that personally it makes me anxious as fuck when people are constantly asking when X thing is going to be done, we've been waiting X amount of time for it and why isn't X and also Y finished yet. BUT it also shows me that they care, that I'm making something that people love and that ENCOURAGES me to work on it when I might have felt that other projects or engagements were more pressing. Everyone handles that sort of thing differently. It's not good to talk for others, in any case. If the developers don't want those questions on their forum, and they've said they don't in the past, then the only polite thing to do is let the mod slide into obscurity while they work on it by their own glacial pace - as fans of this mod have done in the past. I don't post in this forum due to the hostility of the team and their hangers-on, but I will post this to admonish you folks for being rude to fans innocently wondering when something they love will be completed.

No hostility here! Khorne never really caught on with me, too much aggression and rage, I embrace rational strategic planning and hence gravitate towards tzeentch and his infinitely bewildering schemes. You are correct however, it has been two years since a compatibility patch was released and you are right to cry “dead mod”. But please, keep in mind such a patch does exist, and if there ever came a time when the mod truly was dead and I chose to step down from this project, I would release the complete 4gb repository that is the development branch of geheimnisnacht, which is kept compatible with the most recent version of CKII, to the public to do with as they see fit. And when the time comes and I open the new forum I urge you to join us and post there, it wont be quick but I dont think anyone wants another 1.2 release either, anyway I posted a newsletter as a way of update for now.

Honestly I think what most of us want is just some updates on how the progress is going. I mean the last update we had was 2 almost 3 months ago...

Duly noted and somewhat addressed in the newly minted community newsletter 9.2019 I posted today.

Total conversions take a ridiculous amount of effort to make (let alone remake), so it's completely understandable that a small team progresses slowly. If you are impatient for the mod, first remember that they do it freely and as a hobby; The best thing you can do is to remind them how awesome they are from time to time, and to offer (or learn) modding skills to contribute.

Thank you for reminding everyone!

Totally agree with rojiru here. The prevoius team was hostile to the playerbase. Komioski is much friendlier and welcoming.

Well now I feel I should treat you poorly so my followers dont think me weak :eek:

Just kidding ;) I need ALL of you. The support of the community is what keeps me going.

Last edited:
Hey guys where is the download link so I can enjoy this mod? Thank you!
You can't.

I have HF compatibile version on my laptop, but I won't share it since it is your suffering that keeps me going :D
Oh boy I love myself.

Sorry, it's gonna be a couple of months until release.

Last edited: