• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jinnai said:
well with invisable strait we are far more limited than rivers, so that's why i propose a river since it can border 13 provines where as a strait cannot.

Wouldn't something like a mountain pass only be between two provinces? :confused:

Captain America said:
Wouldn't something like a mountain pass only be between two provinces? :confused:
From what i remember those provinces don't have to be connected for rivers though...

Jinnai said:
Why do we even haveto represent such places by adding a new province instead of extending 2 provinces in the area to meet somewhere in the pass. This solves every problem but the movement one, which could be done by an invisable river.

I'm agree with Jinnai,
IMHO, It's not realy a good idea for EU2 because it's not in the scale of the game. It's like make "bridge river" provinces...

Jinnai said:
From what i remember those provinces don't have to be connected for rivers though...
Or, to be clearer, "Mountain Pass River" could border Lappland and Finnmark, wind through the Karakorum, have an arm in the Col S. Bernard and end up in Roncesvalles. :)

Gwalcmai said:
Or, to be clearer, "Mountain Pass River" could border Lappland and Finnmark, wind through the Karakorum, have an arm in the Col S. Bernard and end up in Roncesvalles. :)

Aha, so one river could effect numerous pairs of provences which in turn are widely separated from each other?

That *is* handy, tag-wise. :)

Any way to layer multiple river effects? Like have a "double-wide" river effect? On the one hand, a mountain pass I would think would need more "kick" than just a river provides (though it is certainly better than nothing), on the other hand, some rivers are just plain more difficult to cross than others.

Any thoughts to scaling river effects based on the river itself as opposed to a one-fits-all effect as now?