• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(11496)

Defender/Avenger
Oct 31, 2002
Visit site
Jinnai said:
well with invisable strait we are far more limited than rivers, so that's why i propose a river since it can border 13 provines where as a strait cannot.

Wouldn't something like a mountain pass only be between two provinces? :confused:

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
Captain America said:
Wouldn't something like a mountain pass only be between two provinces? :confused:
From what i remember those provinces don't have to be connected for rivers though...

Captain Frakas

Jacobin enragé
13 Badges
Apr 10, 2002
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
Jinnai said:
Why do we even haveto represent such places by adding a new province instead of extending 2 provinces in the area to meet somewhere in the pass. This solves every problem but the movement one, which could be done by an invisable river.

I'm agree with Jinnai,
IMHO, It's not realy a good idea for EU2 because it's not in the scale of the game. It's like make "bridge river" provinces...

Gwalcmai

©
8 Badges
Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
Jinnai said:
From what i remember those provinces don't have to be connected for rivers though...
Or, to be clearer, "Mountain Pass River" could border Lappland and Finnmark, wind through the Karakorum, have an arm in the Col S. Bernard and end up in Roncesvalles. :)

unmerged(11496)

Defender/Avenger
Oct 31, 2002
Visit site
Gwalcmai said:
Or, to be clearer, "Mountain Pass River" could border Lappland and Finnmark, wind through the Karakorum, have an arm in the Col S. Bernard and end up in Roncesvalles. :)

Aha, so one river could effect numerous pairs of provences which in turn are widely separated from each other?

That *is* handy, tag-wise. :)

Any way to layer multiple river effects? Like have a "double-wide" river effect? On the one hand, a mountain pass I would think would need more "kick" than just a river provides (though it is certainly better than nothing), on the other hand, some rivers are just plain more difficult to cross than others.

Any thoughts to scaling river effects based on the river itself as opposed to a one-fits-all effect as now?