• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
11th of October 1941, 'Odin', 10-day report #174
The 11th of October 1941, Leningrad, 4,4°C, 2pm Moscow Time,

Report on the state of the Soviet Union for the ten day period between the 2nd and the 11th of October 1941,

by 'Odin'

Army:
A Infx2, TD unit has been deployed to XXXIII. SK, NKGBF HQ, 1st Army Group, Leningrad HQ.
A newly trained Artillery Regiment, 152mm ML-20s and all, was deployed to Maj. General Klyuchko's 16. SD, V SK, 6ya Armiya, 2nd Army Group, STAVKA/Moskva HQ.
The final half-tracks have been delivered to 16. KP, now 16 BKP, part of 29. KD, II KK, 2ya Tankovaya Armiya, Armoured Army Group, STAVKA/Moskva HQ.
Two more Garrison Divisions have been deployed, 14. GarD was deployed in Vaasa, and 15. GarD in Tallinn.

Army numbers (Brigades/Personnel) Reserves included (these numbers don't include regiments being upgraded):
Front line troops: 663 / 1.989.000
Support troops: 298 / 298.000
Total fighting troops: 961 / 2.298.000
Headquarters: 63 / 63.000
Total Army Personnel: 1.024 / 2.350.000
Officers: 93.014 + / 101.710 needed / 91,450 %
Active Leaders: 270 / 153 more available
5 Regiments of heavy Artillery have started training for deployment on the western front.
A third NKGBF Mounted Brigade has started training.
16. Garnizon Diviziya (Garx2) has also started training.
Army Leadership:
Maj. General Rudny SK1, WS was recalled from full retirement and placed in command of the new 14. GarD in Vaasa.
Maj. General Dedaev SK1, LW has also been recalled to active service, commanding 15. GarD in Tallin.
Air Force:
No changes to VVS, nor Navy Air Fleet numbers for the last 10 days.
Navy:
No changes in the Navy for the last 10 days.
Politics / International:
The Norwegian Front
Norway (Surrender Progress / NU): 0,00 / 84,9 =
Germany (Surrender Progress / NU): 0,0 / 82,5 =
GNW41-10-11N-min.jpeg

The Front is closing in on Narvik. Wehrmacht units have reached Mo i Rana, 190km from Narvik, and 300km from Trondheim.
GNW41-10-11S-min.jpeg

The Norwegian Southern advance was pushed back to Drammen. More to the north, Norway's push towards the Atlantic continues, taking Geilo, but Tyin was lost, rendering the spearhead's situation more perilous. Along the Swedish border, Elverum finally fell into German hands, further clearing the road for an Eastern approach to Oslo.
British North Africa Front
United Kingdom (Surrender Progress / NU): 0,0 / 77,6
Italy (Surrender Progress / NU): 5,90 / 79,4 Loss of Tobruch.
BNAF41-10-11-min.jpeg

The push into Lybia continues, with British tanks reaching Al Jabal al Akhda, 180km from Bengasi.
Only a few Italian convoys were sunk, which probably means, they've almost run out of them... no significant naval engagements in the Mediterranean.
The RAF continues bombing the retreating Italian columns, making sure they remain quite disorganised...
French North Africa Front
France is a Government in exile.
Italy (Surrender Progress / NU): 0,00 / 79,4
FNAF41-10-01-min.jpeg
No movement here for the last 10 days, a lack of supplies may be slowing down the Italians here too.
Industry:
Machine Gun bunkers (Level 1) are now ready for use in Dnipropetrovsk.
In Kryvyy Rih, construction has now started on Machine Gun Bunkers. (Level 1)

Working Industrial Capacity / available capacity: 240 / 324
IC Usage: ( Allocated IC / Need )
Upgrades: 69,80 / 71,37
Reinforcement: 2,50 / 2,93
Supplies: 27,00 / 46,37
Production: 195,54 / 228,95 (the Licensed MP remains mostly unfunded, as well as three Mountain Rifle Divisions and 10. TTGvD)
Consumer Goods: 29,16 / 29,16​
Stockpiles:
Energy: Maximum tonnes +
Metal: Maximum tonnes +
Rares: 42.160 tonnes +
Crude: 99.741 barrels -
Supplies: 41.754 tonnes -
Fuel: 98.706 barrels -
Money: 2.046 -​

Intelligence:
Spy numbers, spies in (active / added / lost / caught by us)
France (Supporting our Party / Counterespionage): 5 / 0 / 0 / 0
{ Germany (/): 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 }
{ Japan (/): 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 }​
UK (/) : 7 / 1 / 2 / 0
Other: 0 / 0 / 0 / 2
Total: 12 / 1 / 2 / 2
Reserves: 0
Spy training leadership expenditure: 0,65 (a new spy every 10 days)
Spies from Sweden and Finland were caught in the Soviet Union.
Research:
A brand new Encryption Machine (Level 2) Design is ready for use, this should make our communications harder to intercept.
Our Electronic Engineers have now started work on a new Small Warship Radar (Level 2) Design.

Statistics:
National Unity: 83,241 =
Neutrality: 0,00 =
Dissent: 0,00 =
Manpower:
Available: 2.114.000
Men To reinforce(need): 5.790
Men To mobilise(need): See above
Monthly gain: 48.200 Men (1 fully mobilised Infx3, AT Division every 7 days)​
No changes in Party Popularity for the last 10 days.
Party Organisation:
- Communist Party: 82,82 (+0,12)
- Trotskyite: 8,40 (-0,1)
- Bukharinite: 3,50 (-0,1)

- Octobrist: 4,10 (-0,1)
- Trudoviks: 0,80 (-0,1)
- Social-Revolutionary: 0,00 =
- Kadets: 0,00 =

- Tsarists: 0,00 =
- NTS: 0,00 =
- POA: 0,00 =​

This Information is accurate on the morning of the 11th of October 1941, I hope it serves you well in fine-tuning your possible suggestions.

'Odin'​

Looks like the Italians may finally be feeling the problems of a lack of supplies in Africa on both fronts.

I hope our troops can deal with Finland in a timely manner. Wish they would be more aggressive but as long as they win in the end I will be happy.

Those crazy Huns just keep allowing you to get better prepared every day. I know they can’t easily bring the same force to bear there as in the Soviet front, but if they can’t make it to Olso, Moscow may be a bit too much for them!

So, the Finnish rebels strike again... Very Finnish, I should say. The Finnish military has focused for the past 70 years (at least) on making an invasion prohibitively expensive (as opposed to aiming to actually defend and hold territory as a principal goal) by all possible means, so it seems they are merely ahead of their time in TTL. Might I suggest using the VDV to help crush the uprising as a good training exercise and to compare results with the last time they were used in the same manner to see if our focus on improving their tactics and equipment has proved useful? Our air force must be racking up some serious experience, too. You could even rotate in some less experienced squadrons to get them some combat experience.

Our building programmes continue as planned. Are all our cavalry in the West now equipped with half-tracks or was a new one not started to prioritize the new security troops? Either way, very glad to see new mounties and garrison units in training. I know we have pressing needs for the front lines, but having any amount of troops there won't help if they get cut off from supply by partisans or amphibious assaults.

18th of October 1941, 'Tri', The Fall of Oslo
The 18th of October 1941, Leningrad, 3,2°C, 4am Moscow Time,

I have been staying in one of the VVS's buildings at the edge of the Leningrad Air Base. This meant that I could follow the action, or lack thereof, in Finland, closely, but I did have some trouble falling asleep. Despite the intermittent noise coming from the Tarmac of Leningrad Air Base. I finally managed to fall asleep at a decent time, and thus, I was particularly annoyed when I was awakened by the telephone in the next room, at 4am. Of course, it was 'Tri', and before I could put a word in, he was talking loudly:

"The Germans! they've taken Oslo!

GNW41-10-18ParadeStavanger-min.jpg

German troops in
Stavanger celebrating their victorious campaign in Norway.
The Norwegian Army, demoralised and disorganised, has surrendered to the Wehrmacht. Sadly, everyone was too focused on the operations in Finland to follow the Norwegian war step by step, but from what we know, the front collapsed and Oslo was caught in a pincer, with German troops coming from the East and from the West. The final defence of the city finally didn't amount to much, with only the British 1st Airborne Division putting up a toke fight.

DouglasDakotaOslo-min.jpg

Three of the RAF"s Douglas Dakota's, about an hour after landing in
Norwich, delivering their payloads of Norwegian government members, Royals, and British officers.
King Haakon VII, Maj. General Montgommery's staff, and Prime Minister Johan Nygaardsvold's government fled in a series of the RAF's Douglas Dakota's (British DC-3 variant).

Anyhow, I'm sure you know this means that the Wehrmacht will soon be ready for another offensive, and the only place they could reasonably go is East, either Romania, or, the Soviet Union. You don't need to hear anymore we've been over this."
And he hung up. After that call, I was wide awake...
Amongst those VVS higher ups who have already heard the news, the tension is palpable...
While some had been pushing for more Aeroplanes to be deployed to bomb the Partisans into submission even more, those voices have vanished into thin air now.

The waiting is now more tense than ever. Will the Germans be patient and wait for better weather, or reckless and charge within a couple of Months, weeks, days, or even hours...

Greetings,

'Odin'

Last edited:
Looks like the Italians may finally be feeling the problems of a lack of supplies in Africa on both fronts.
Yes, it's looking bad for them, and the good news is that we won't be facing that Heavy Tank Division.

I hope our troops can deal with Finland in a timely manner. Wish they would be more aggressive but as long as they win in the end I will be happy.
Well, they're still twiddling their thumbs and re-deploying troops. And with the fall of Norway, a rapid end to the problem would be even more desirable.

So, the Finnish rebels strike again... Very Finnish, I should say. The Finnish military has focused for the past 70 years (at least) on making an invasion prohibitively expensive (as opposed to aiming to actually defend and hold territory as a principal goal) by all possible means, so it seems they are merely ahead of their time in TTL. Might I suggest using the VDV to help crush the uprising as a good training exercise and to compare results with the last time they were used in the same manner to see if our focus on improving their tactics and equipment has proved useful? Our air force must be racking up some serious experience, too. You could even rotate in some less experienced squadrons to get them some combat experience.
Seems logical enough, though I am disappointed in their lack of enthusiasm for international Communism. I'm not sure the VDV will be of very much use, especially as they are already slated for a secret operation in case of war with Germany. We could divert one Division to try out the new training, but it would have to be organised close to an Air Base or Naval base to limit the time needed for them to return to their starting positions...
Yes, our Air Force is gaining a lot of experience, and our 2 least skilled active bomber commanders are part of the effort. Most of the VVS is still deployed with a German attack in mind, and that's a good thing, considering how long it can take to get Air Bases well supplied and the units properly organised after they are rebased.

Those crazy Huns just keep allowing you to get better prepared every day. I know they can’t easily bring the same force to bear there as in the Soviet front, but if they can’t make it to Olso, Moscow may be a bit too much for them!
They made it to Oslo... some people in Moscow are starting to worry, just a little bit...

Our building programmes continue as planned. Are all our cavalry in the West now equipped with half-tracks or was a new one not started to prioritize the new security troops? Either way, very glad to see new mounties and garrison units in training. I know we have pressing needs for the front lines, but having any amount of troops there won't help if they get cut off from supply by partisans or amphibious assaults.
Half-tracks have been delivered to 5 Regiments in three Divisions, so not yet, we're planning of 5 times as many half-tracks, at the current pace it'll take a year get it done, though production will be increased as soon as more capacity becomes available.

So, the wheel slowly ground the Norwegians down. The point remains though that it took the Nazis a long time to do it. Which speaks both to their abilities and ruined timetable for the Drang nach Osten. Still, maybe they will now get their act together.

I still think they will attack as soon as they have redeployed, without regard to the weather. But whether that will be Romania or the SU is of course the 64 rouble question! Not having Romania either as a puppet or conquered restricts their attacking frontage. Still, an attack there will cause more casualties and take up yet more time. Their goose is getting cooked so thoroughly it runs the risk of becoming burned!

I think I should point out that their failure to take Norway quickly really is not the same as invading the Glorious USSR. Getting troops and supplies to Norway is going to be harder than getting troops and supplies into a nation that share borders with you. And dare I point out how much trouble we are STILL having with Finland.

Let us not count our chickens before they hatch, grow up, are butchered, dressed, and roasted. Let us take what we know about the German's numbers, add 10%, and their abilities, add 10%, and their skill, add 10%, and let us hope for good and prepare for bad.

I agree with Eurasia. Their issues in Norway were more indicative of their capability to conduct and supply offensive operations overseas than of anything else. The attack East can be supplied via railroads, far safer from Allied navies. They have wasted a lot of lives and equipment, but they still have plenty left.

Agree re the qualifications made on Norway (I have made roughly similar points too) but I still think the Germans are stuffed! ;) Of course, we should plan for a devastating blitzkrieg and for the worst ... and my counsel (as before) is still to wait further, perhaps beyond May 1942 if necessary, for them to attack (and seeing if we can take Japan out of the two front war game).

Baste that goose for as long as the Germans let you! But they’re well and truly cooked by now in my estimation (ready to be proved wrong, of course). They may well make some inroads, but I’d be very surprised if they are able to match OTL against this Committee-prepared SU. I have great faith in Odin (the numerical variety, in this case). :D

So, the wheel slowly ground the Norwegians down. The point remains though that it took the Nazis a long time to do it. Which speaks both to their abilities and ruined timetable for the Drang nach Osten. Still, maybe they will now get their act together.
I think I should point out that their failure to take Norway quickly really is not the same as invading the Glorious USSR. Getting troops and supplies to Norway is going to be harder than getting troops and supplies into a nation that share borders with you. And dare I point out how much trouble we are STILL having with Finland.
To be fair, the ONLY reason they won in Norway was Sweden giving up transit rights. Had that not happened, the invasion would eventually have petered out.
Yes, the main problem for the Germans was getting enough troops into Norway, once the floodgates of Sweden opened, that was solved, with predictable results...

I still think they will attack as soon as they have redeployed, without regard to the weather. But whether that will be Romania or the SU is of course the 64 rouble question! Not having Romania either as a puppet or conquered restricts their attacking frontage. Still, an attack there will cause more casualties and take up yet more time. Their goose is getting cooked so thoroughly it runs the risk of becoming burned!
I feel like they will go straight for the Soviet Union, leaving Romania alone. They have good relations, which makes me think that the Germans are already buying most of their oil, so there really isn't much of a point in invading Romania, though you never know with the AI.

Let us not count our chickens before they hatch, grow up, are butchered, dressed, and roasted. Let us take what we know about the German's numbers, add 10%, and their abilities, add 10%, and their skill, add 10%, and let us hope for good and prepare for bad.
I agree with Eurasia. Their issues in Norway were more indicative of their capability to conduct and supply offensive operations overseas than of anything else. The attack East can be supplied via railroads, far safer from Allied navies. They have wasted a lot of lives and equipment, but they still have plenty left.
The Wehrmacht is definitely a force to be reckoned with, just looking at the amount of tanks on our border, A German attack could still be quite dangerous, especially if the Red Army emulates it's current Finnish counter-insurgency campaign...

Agree re the qualifications made on Norway (I have made roughly similar points too) but I still think the Germans are stuffed! ;) Of course, we should plan for a devastating blitzkrieg and for the worst ... and my counsel (as before) is still to wait further, perhaps beyond May 1942 if necessary, for them to attack (and seeing if we can take Japan out of the two front war game).
Japan remains a mystery... their Generals and Admirals must be getting itchy, sitting still for so long since the 2nd Sino-Japanese war. Not having to fight Japan at the same time would be desirable of course.

Baste that goose for as long as the Germans let you! But they’re well and truly cooked by now in my estimation (ready to be proved wrong, of course). They may well make some inroads, but I’d be very surprised if they are able to match OTL against this Committee-prepared SU. I have great faith in Odin (the numerical variety, in this case). :D
There is still potential for disaster... but maybe I'm just a tad too pessimistic.

I don't believe this is a large enough distraction... yet... to be a serious opportunity for the Germans.

True enough, but there is a rumor that Hitler said about us that "if we kick the door in, the whole rotten structure will collapse".
If that actually represents German thinking, then they may feel they don't need a huge distraction.

21st of October 1941, Finnish Autumn Anti-Insurrection operations #2
The 21st of October 1941, Leningrad, 3,2°C, 4am Moscow Time,

The Finnish insurgents managed to link up all of their territory by the 13th. They then tried to widen the connection around Pieksämäki, attempting to move into Koupio on the 14th, and then into Suonenjoki on the 16th. After these foiled attacks, it became clear that NKGBF HQ wasn't reacting to the situation adequately, and to clarify the need to clear all Finnish territory of partisans, 2 objectives within the rebel-held area, Pieksämäki and Tampere, were added to the list.

Then, finally, yesterday, on the 20th, 'Mounted Security Comrades' threw the Partisans out of Pieksämäki
. Finally, some action...

FPF41-10-21Army-min.jpg

The numbers show the order in which actions were initiated, see below:

1. Koupio (Defence - Forest - 1,6°C - Victory)
14/10/41 23:00 - 15/10/41 00:00
MAJGEN Panov SK2, BM << None
Delay << Assault
123 SD << 1st Finnish Partisans II (Varkaus)
10.993 / 0 << 2.998 / 19
2. Suonenjoki (Defence - Forest - 1,6°C - Victory)
16/10/41 00:00 - 00:10
MAJGEN Simoniak SK2, Trk << None
124 SD << 1st Finnish Partisans II (Varkaus)
10.993 / 0 << 2.921 / 16
3. Pieksämäki (Attack - Woods - 1,0°C - Victory)
20/10/41 01:00 - 10:00
SMAJSEC (MAJGEN) Belous SK1, WS >> None
Attack >> Defend
2 NKGBF KB (Suonenjoki) >> 1st Finnish Partisans II
6.000 / 4 >> 2.801 / 43
In the meantime, the VVS and the Red Navy continued their massive bombing campaign, destroying enemy morale and organisation, killing many enemies of the state and foreign agents in the process.

FPF41-10-21VVS-min.jpg

The numbers show the amount of missions flown over that particular province.

In 10 days, the navy flew a total of 95 bombing missions, with three Groups, resulting in 1.848 enemy casualties:

1 KPA - CAGx1 - 62 La-7VM / Il-10VM - Moskva (CVL) - Navy Air Commander Zhavronkov SK4, FD
- Kankaanpää (40 / 0 / 849)
2 KPA - CAGx1 - 62 La-7VM / Il-10VM - Leningrad (CVL) - Navy Air Commander Falaleev SK4
- Padasjoki (9 / 0 / 219)
- Varkaus (14 / 0 / 281)
- Pieksämäki (6 / 0 / 135)
7 KPA - CAGx1 - 62 LaGG-3VM / Il-2M3VM - Helsinki - Navy Air Commander Kapitochin SK2
- Suolahti (3 / 0 / 44)
- Jyväskylä (11 / 0 / 190)
- Jämsä (8 / 0 / 89)
- Hämeenlinna (4 / 0 / 41)​

The VVS, not to be outdone, flew a total of 66 bombing missions, with 2 full Aviation Corps, resulting in a whopping 5.925 enemy casualties.

II. BAK - Tacx2, Ftrx1 - 200 Yak-4, 124 La-7 - Leningrad - Air Lt. General Yakovlev SK3, TB
- Hämeenkyrö (9 / 0 / 1.145)
- Lammi (24 / 0 / 2.452)
IV. ShAK - CASx2, Ftrx1 - 124 Il-10, 124 Il-2M3, 124 La-7 - Helsinki - Air Lt. General Rudenko SK2, TB
- Orivesi (5 / 0 / 282)
- Virrat (28 / 0 / 2.046)
Adding the numbers up, this is the current state of our latest Finnish counter-insurgency operation:
Insurgents killed from the Air / Aeroplanes lost: 11.477 / 1 (Yak-4)
Insurgents killed by NKGBF / NKGBF Officers lost: 78 / 4
The whole operation hinges upon the NKGBF being pro-active and clearing the Finnish hinterland of demoralised rebels, this process has finally started. Little resistance is expected on the ground.

The usual report is coming soon,

Greetings,

'Odin'

A small aid to navigate the new templates:
Number on the map. Province (Attack or Defence (Defence in this case) - Terrain - Temperature at the start of the battle - Victory or Defeat) Other significant factors will also be indicated here.
Time frame
Soviet Commander << Enemy Commander

Soviet Tactics << Enemy tactics
Soviet Divisions << Enemy Divisions (Staging Province of Attacking Divisions)
Soviet Troops involved / Soviet Casualties << Enemy Troops involved / Enemy Casualties

Air Unit - Type - Numbers per type/model - Base (can also be a Carrier) - Commander
- Bombed Province (number of missions / number of Aeroplanes lost to AAA / Enemy Casualties on the ground)
These maps and templates are a test in preparation for the Great Patriotic War. The point is to be able to deal with a large amount of battles and Bombing missions, in a relatively detailed, yet efficient way. Your feedback is most welcome as to potential changes to the information, how it is displayed and overall readability.

True enough, but there is a rumor that Hitler said about us that "if we kick the door in, the whole rotten structure will collapse".
If that actually represents German thinking, then they may feel they don't need a huge distraction.
I there is one thing I can guarantee, it is that this is definitely a gross underestimation of the Soviet Unions structural integrity... Let them come... they will regret it...

Nice to see that there is some action in Finland. Once the Glorious Soviet Air came in it was all over for the Rebels. The Infantry will just be mopping up the leftovers. Just a matter of time before the Rebellion is crushed and we can go back to focusing on the Axis.

I rather liked the detailed explanations, finding them more immersive, but the new way certainly is clearer (the old ones were a lot harder to cross-reference with a map to actually build up a general picture) and faster to peruse. Use whichever way you prefer; I'm following regardless! :)

Good idea re shortened reports. At this stage, my only suggestion would be going with different date format, because you already have lots of numbers and slashes, eg 20 Oct 41 rather than 20/10/41. Just a scanning/visual thing. :)

Perhaps also a little abbreviated description rather than us trying to remember which thing was what before and after the different sets of / ? Gets a little hard to follow when there are lots in a row, then they change between land and air battle reports.

For when they get more complicated (eg 3-4+ units on either side) it could get a bit crowded. Also, the tactics can often change during a battle if it goes long enough and, if its only a battle result, probably doesn't matter that much, so you could maybe omit that (to save time, space and tracking). Perhaps the commander/s too?

Also, I'm wondering if alternating from one country to the next for the participants then the casualties might also making it a little less instinctive to follow. Perhaps also do Victory in green and Defeat in red, so it jumps out?

1. Blogsberg (Defence - Forest - 1,6°C - Victory)
14 Oct 41 23:00 - 15 Oct 41 00:00
SU: 123 SD (Panov, L2), 456 SD (Smithov, L1): 20.993 men / 23 KIA
Fin: 1st Finnish Partisans II (Varkaus, L?): 2.998 men / 19 KIA

Nice to see that there is some action in Finland. Once the Glorious Soviet Air came in it was all over for the Rebels. The Infantry will just be mopping up the leftovers. Just a matter of time before the Rebellion is crushed and we can go back to focusing on the Axis.
The mopping up is slow, but yes, it finally started...

I rather liked the detailed explanations, finding them more immersive, but the new way certainly is clearer (the old ones were a lot harder to cross-reference with a map to actually build up a general picture) and faster to peruse. Use whichever way you prefer; I'm following regardless! :)
Me too, but I know that the GPW, especially when run by AI, will have many, many battles going on in parallel, and writing detailed explanations for every little probing attack would simply be too much work. I will write detailed explanations for larger battles and add in other more immersive elements. The clarity of the reference numbers on a map and structured data will also be needed to make sense of the many battles to be expected within a larger picture.

Good idea re shortened reports. At this stage, my only suggestion would be going with different date format, because you already have lots of numbers and slashes, eg 20 Oct 41 rather than 20/10/41. Just a scanning/visual thing. :)

Perhaps also a little abbreviated description rather than us trying to remember which thing was what before and after the different sets of / ? Gets a little hard to follow when there are lots in a row, then they change between land and air battle reports.

For when they get more complicated (eg 3-4+ units on either side) it could get a bit crowded. Also, the tactics can often change during a battle if it goes long enough and, if its only a battle result, probably doesn't matter that much, so you could maybe omit that (to save time, space and tracking). Perhaps the commander/s too?

Also, I'm wondering if alternating from one country to the next for the participants then the casualties might also making it a little less instinctive to follow. Perhaps also do Victory in green and Defeat in red, so it jumps out?

Fin: 1st Finnish Partisans II (Varkaus, L?): 2.998 men / 19 KIA
Interesting observations... Varkaus is not a commander, otherwise good points...
Tactics may be unnecessary, unless there is a significant impact on the results, so that's definitely optional... I'll probably keep tracking them though...

Adding an abbreviated description, as in the 10-day reports, is definitely possible, I wasn't sure it would be needed, but looking back, it would be helpful.

Your altered format is a bit more instinctive without a table, the one flaw I can see is that it may be tough to place the province from which a unit is attacking. Maybe something like this:

Fin: Varkaus: 1st Finnish Partisans II (None), Otherplace: 67th Fin Pts (Someguy, L3), 12th Fin Mil (Otherguy, L2): 9.668 men / 19 KIA

Thanks for the input, it's always good to have some fresh eyes, and as said, with the massive volume of information to convey during the gpw, any improvement will make things significantly easier to follow.

Ah, I get it, that’s why there was no skill level ;)

Looking good - I’m sure you’ll refine it when the fur really starts flying ;)