• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shingunto_nj

Colonel
3 Badges
Dec 20, 2005
photo.trancetheory.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • 500k Club
I've played this game I dunno how many times, but I've never seen this... Playing as UK 1936 Hard / Normal I believe was the setting...

Germany takes Austria - check
Germany however does NOT take Czech - odd
Poles refuse to ally...
Germany takes Poland without DoW from Allies... and then just chills out... is that WAD?

So as the UK, I'm not at war... I'm missing 2 of my "gear up for war events"... and the game goes into a massive sitzkrieg thing while Japan has their way with Nat China...

Now... come 1943, YES 1943... Allies are now UK, France, Oz, Nz, CA, SA, Iraq, Portugal, Yugoslavia, and whatever all those little guys are Oman, Nepal, whatever...

Japan FINALLY declares war on US and Allies in like Aug of 1943... Germany is still sitting there content with just Austria and Poland... USSR seems content after taking out Latvia / Lit / Est... and they are just sitting there...

Now the REALLY freaky thing is... I'm making quick work of the Japanese Navy... within months Ive already sunk 7 of their CV and 2 of their BB and countless DD / CL / TP... ( with only losing 3 DD on my side ) That said, Japan apparently has 280 ground troops??? ( Not to mention an extra 100? from Nat China ) They are mopping the floor with me in SE Asia... How could Japan possibly field such a large army? Their manpower should be roughly equal to the UK... and in terms of supplies / TC, I don't see how it's even possible...

And, I don't want to commit like "all" my troops ( which would be like 1/3 of Japan anyway ) to saving SE Asia in the event that Germany actually decides they want to go after the low lands...

Anyone ever run into this kind of scenario? and if so... What did you do? Apparently the US are being idiots, so I can't count on them... I have NO clue what they are doing with their 20 CV, but I haven't seen them anywhere in the Pacific... And the US still has no ground army to speak of... likely because the US, UK and France were all stuck with "peacetime" penalties until 1943...

Unfortunately, if Germany either decides not to take Poland, or if (for instance) Cze isn't taken by Germany, then Poland could be taken by Germany without a British offer of help.

In this situation, there is no 'fail safe' events for Germany and the German AI will basically fall asleep. Either as UK you should have DOWed back in 1939, or you will need some sort of mod to address this issue. SMEP adds two 'fail safe' events whereby Germany continues making demands even if Poland folds (Denmark over Kolding and France over Alsace Loraine).

Please note that, in real life, the germans never expected a DoW from France and the UK over Poland. And yes, it was France and the UK that declared war on Germany over the Poland invasion, not the other way around. So, if Poland folds in-game, the onus is on you, the UK player, to do what was historically done. And DoW germany ;)