• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TurielD

Private
51 Badges
Oct 29, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Whenever I change any video or audio settings (even just the music volume) the game gives me a message about certain changes only taking effect after restarting the game, an do I want to quit. It then changes the graphics resolution for no apparent reason next time I start the game, giving me the usual 'do you want to keep this setting' message.

Upvote 0
Whenever I change any video or audio settings (even just the music volume) the game gives me a message about certain changes only taking effect after restarting the game, an do I want to quit. It then changes the graphics resolution for no apparent reason next time I start the game, giving me the usual 'do you want to keep this setting' message.

Is it possible to know what your graphics card and driver versions are?

Perhaps post a dxdiag report of your system pls?

*Moved to Tech supp*

Sure, and sorry about posting in the wrong forum section, thought I was already in tech support for some reason :eek:

Cards:
Integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 in the i7-3610QM, driver version 8.15.10.2653
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, driver version 310.70 for 64 bit notebooks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    54,3 KB · Views: 60
No worries. I do it all the time.

Laptops.... not my strongpoint Im afraid. Though Id be wary of using the Integrated Gfx card. I can only see ATI and Nvidia cards mentioned in the specs. Not Intel. That may or may not be the cause of the issue. Im sure thought that when a dev sees what youve provided theyll be able to offer more specific advice.

Also Im a bit confused as to why you have an Nvidia driver for the Intel card, but thats more due to my lack of knowledge about laptops.

I had a look in the NVIDIA control pannel, and indeed it was using the HD4000 as the graphics card for Impire for some reason. I have changed that to the GeForce now, but the issue persists: whenever a setting changes, the game changes its resolution, usually to 1440x900 (I haven't repeated this enough times to know if its always). This does appear to be for any option change, including sound volume.

New bug since I've changed to running Impire off the GeForce GT 650M: it doesn't like the 1920x1080 resolution setting. Any time I select this option the game gives me the appropriate 'do you want to restart' dialog, but starts the game in 1280x800 resolution. This bug appears to be limited to the 1920x1080 setting.

And 8.15.10.2653 is an Intel driver, but that doesn't seem to be relevant as the bug happens for two different graphics card/driver combinations in the same system :)