Occurances past, from first to the last (Events and Battle Results)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8915)

User #8915
Apr 26, 2002
Events

macbr06.jpg

EVENTS

What are events?
Events are written by the game's Event Moderator. When something significant happens in the RPG, an event can be triggered, based on it. Events can give your stories game-mechanical effects, which alter your realm's statistics. If you cooperate with the Event Mod and the events system, you can maximise the potential of events for your benefit.

When should I contact the Event Mod?
When you have a storyline which you want to turn into an event.

Also, when you see something another player does in the game, which you think should be the cause or trigger for an event.

How should I contact the Event Mod?
By sending an email to the current Event Mod at medievalevents@yahoo.co.uk. Please do not send a PM.

How do events work?
Try looking at some older events we've run in the past in the Events Back-Catalogue.

Very pretty, but I still don't understand how events work.
Below, we have had a veteran of the event-system write a short guide. If you follow N Katsyev's suggestions, your event has a much better chance of succeeding.

- Event Request Template -

By N Katsyev
Okies, to begin, this is just my personal favored way of going about writing an event request. There are certainly other ways one can do it, but if to anyone this is a help to at all, if even as just a guide, then I am pleased. Personally, I believe a key to requesting an event is to make sure that the mods can quickly and easily not only understand whatever scheme or project you are proposing is, but be able to research it themselves in an efficient manner. This can be done through good explination, links to relevant on-forum posts, etc... Either way, below is an event I requested with the body of the request edited out and only the outlining remaining + my commentary.

Good luck! - Katz =)

Background:

For the background section, I include all relevant information in an overview of what the event is, any relevant history (in game or real life), factors that could (and/or have) effect it, etc. This is often the longest section of my event requests and I make sure I flesh out fully what the event is all about here, to make it understandable to mods who may have no clue or idea to what I may otherwise be alluding to later on.​

Objective:

This is where I explain the ultimate, role-play and/or mechanical effect I want this event to achieve. I have even offered sample results tables, to give a more clear idea of what i'm looking to accomplish.​

Expenditure:

In the expenditure section, I discuss not only how much game-mechanical resources are going into the event (often something I'll check beforehand via PM), but how this expenditure is justified from a role-play point of view. It is important to know where these resources are coming from. Are they from the coffers of the secular ruler, or maybe something church related? Maybe there is a signficant amount of private venture here, or funds raised from the nobility? It's all worth stating.

Note from JG: Econ points are the most common resource spent to trigger and enhance an event. Land mil and sea mil can also be 'spent' and invested, although again, this needs to be justified by the player.

If you've run related or similar events to the one you are requesting, send links to the posts where they can be found on the forum. Previous attempts (especially successful ones) to acheive the same end massively improve your chances of getting a positive result from future events.

It is not our job to remember past events, though. Remind us, and you will be rewarded.[/JG]

Relevant Role-Play:

In this section I go through and explain, where and in what manner the basis of the event (if any - though there always is with me) comes from through RP. Oftentimes, I include a list of links to the individual posts themselves for quick reference by the mods so that they can aside from my background above, get a more personal grip on the situation if they so choose or desire. This section has been known to get very long with simple links, some direction by the requestee as to what links go to where, concernign what : i'm sure are appreciated.​

Flavour Text:

If you want your event to go through in a lovely and more smooth motion, its a large help to the mods processing your request to include a flavour text that they can use at least as a basis for the text that accompanies each finished event. This can no doubt save the person processing your event a whole lot of time, and therefore make your event that much more attractive when some poor sorry bloke gets home from work and sees it stting in the inbox.

Note from JG: This is more important than you'd perhaps think, folks. A decent flavour text not only shows the Event Mod exactly where you're coming from and where you want to go to, it also helps determine what shape the table of outcomes should take. No-one knows quite what you want out of the event as much as you do.

Chances are, if you forget to include flavour text, your event will be returned with a request from the Event Mod to supply it.[/JG]

Graphic:

Again, as above, its polite to provide a possible graphic to go with your event. Our mod-staff does an incredible job at coming up with their own pictures. But at least in this way you can save them the trouble of searching, or give them a better idea of what you are looking for, if not having the picture you provide used anyway. Providing both this and the flavour text is a huge time saver for the one processing your request, and as such you can reasonably expect to see your event run that much quicker.

Final note from JG: Whilst all of the sections pointed out by Katz are useful to the Event Mod, folks, the ones we simply cannot do without are expenditure, objective and flavour text.[/JG]

Thank you Katz for your contribution! Hopefully, that should shed some light on the events system, which is really not as complex or daunting as some people think. Got any further questions on the subject? Send 'em to the Inscriptions and General Questions thread, and we'll sort 'em out.

_​

a little clarification:

speaking of EVENTS only. RED means bad. BLUE means good.

Scenario 1:

Germany is played by Ladislav. Belgium is NPC(non-player country).

Ladislav requests an event where Germany gains a province from Belgium. He has done all the RP and is willing to spend eco.

___​

Scenario 2:

Germany is played by Ladislav. Belgium is played by Steve.

Ladislav requests an event where Germany gains a province from Belgium. He has done all the RP and is willing to spend eco.

___​

Scenario 3:

Steve requests an event where Germany gains a province from Belgium.

___​

Scenario 4:

Ladislav scripts the proposal for the event and then emails it to Steve. Steve then requests that event where Germany gains a province from Belgium.

Bottom line is this:

Lands in events
change rarely their lords,
you can only give 'way
what is already yours.

Last edited:
Events

You may begin sending in event requests. Make sure to do so to medievalevents@yahoo.co.uk, and NOT my pm box. If you are unsure or have questions about an event prior to submission, then you may send me a pm and hopefully there we can discuss it or via MSN or Yahoo as appropriate. I also want to add, make sure to have the word "event" in the subject header of any emailed event submission. This is for my filtering and organization, events submitted without "event" in the subject header will be deleted.

I plan to make a more recent version of the 'events template' but for now most guidelines that apply there are still more than valid. Be as clear and concise as possible, while understanding that I may not intimately know all that is happening in your realm, and we should both be helped a long way.

Thanks! :)

Age of Chaucery and Feuds (I)

gran7lc.png
shield_REB.gif

"With no fear of external involvement or massive rebellion, Sultan Mohammed assigned the Order of the Silver Crescent, an assassin's Order if you will, to dispatch his largest political adversaries within the Kingdom. The majority of his enemies were wiped out, especially those from within his clan, the Nasrids. Once the culling was complete, he allowed their families to flee to Byzantium to make sure they would never pester him from North Africa or Spain. This of course caused a power vacuum in the country, only filled by the Alhambra's authority. The factions, in the wake of the death of their leaders, could not react, especially after the Baya. However, one adversary remained for the Sultan, Abu Abdullah Al-Cordobi, an exiled prince who, although had no strong links to Bani Ahmer, claimed the throne through lineage. The exile had much support in the North, and with the turmoil in the Kingdom, Granada would face its bloodiest, and last civil war…"​

algiers-panorama.jpg

Option A: Grenada pursues its historical path of a steady but dedicated effort at uprooting the allies of Al-Cordobi through the Silver Crescent and direct confrontation and agitation only when necessary.

1; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

2-3; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate an insurrection in the northwest of the country, attempting to capture the capital. Loyalist armies are hastily gathered in defense. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; Rebel scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

4-8; Raids and Instability Al-Cordobi's allies cause many problems throughout the country and launch raids on the fringes of the Kingodm. Though these sap Grenada's strength and undermine her stability, they don't pose a dire threat to the King as yet. -2 morale, to Grenada until the end of January-March 1384.

9; Raids and Instability Al-Cordobi's allies cause many problems throughout the country and launch raids on the fringes of the Kingdom. Loyalists and the Silver Crescent however begin to take a serious toll on the enemy. -1 morale to Grenada until the end of January-March 1384

10; Ending the Bloodshed Al-Cordobi's allies cause problems throughout the country and launch raids on the fringes of the Kingdom. Though these begin to sap Grenada's strength, her loyalists and the Silver Crescent are able to effectively dismantle and disrupt Al-Cordobi's strength within the Kingdom, soon all but nullifying it. -1 morale to Grenada until the end of July-September 1383.

Option B: Grenada takes a more direct approach, through aggressive use of the Silver Crescent and policies they attempt to force Al-Cordobi's hand.

1-2; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 3/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

3-4; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

5-6; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate an insurrection in the northwest of the country, attempting to capture the capital. Loyalist armies are hastily gathered in defense. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; Rebel scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

7-8; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies, intimidated and preempted by the loyalists launch an ill-prepared and hasty attack in the north. Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/7/11/0[/b] (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

9-10; Crushing the Opposition. The coercion and intimidation of the loyalists have forced many of Al-Cordobi's allies either into unprepared attacks easily fended off or into inactivity. no effect (Trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')​

Grenada has until Friday the 24th to make its decision and notify me via pm or the events inbox.

The Balearic Debacle - Intervention

avignon2ow.png
arag7hj.png
tole3kx.png

"Avignon: The sale of the Balearic island to the Muslim realm of Grenada greatly angered Avignon Pope Clement VII: he promptly issued a Bulle condemning the King of Aragón, and declaring the Kingdom of Majorca a reverted fief, Papal property until a new King of Majorca is appointed. But the Pope claimed suzeranity over the island not merely with a Bulle, he also sent his mercenaries to the region, allegedly to defend the islands from the Muslim invasion -- in reality to enforce the rule of the Avignon Pope there."

"Castille: Heir to the Dutchy of Seville, the young hidalgo Paco de Sevilla was no stranger to administration. Frankly, he was likely more competant there than warfare, and certainly his violent seasickness did not affect him in a nice solid study. Much to his disappointment as well as his relief, the Moors had agreed to an easy transition... too easy almost. They seemed to flee as his men marched into the towns. It would only be later that he learned they had been recalled upon learning of his expedition, and that the Emir of Granada had struck his claims in favor of those of King Juan.

Paco de Sevilla had at his disposal a host of scribes and men both of his father's and the King's courts who were skilled in accounting and regulating. For this he was glad, for the Balares were highly decentralized, and he wondered if it were actually worth the expenses of Madrid would be worth the puny amount of taxes and revenues that could be collected. Nevertheless, he was not here as a simple tax collector, but here as a man on a mission blessed by Church and Throne.

The Bretange Company from Avignon had proved a pleasant surprise, given that only a few days previous a letter had arrived from some Margrave of Montferrat who claimed to have a small force of men wandering Minorca somewhere, and claimed to be King of Mallorca. That was simply unacceptable to the unified forces mercenary and Castillian who were loyal to Avignon. This so called margrave was an adherent of the Anti-Christ in Rome, and the children of Elenorra of Aragon deserved their rightful inheritance.

The King had told him a good job would mean a fief of his own in addition to Seville which he would one day inherit. For this he was excited, and was willing to risk his life for King, Pope, and future prosperity. While the honor of Sancho III, Ferdinand and all the others who had driven the Reconquista had been preserved, he could not allow the forces of the Anti-Christ to taint Iberian lands. He was not overly worried, however, with the Bretange Company bolstering his Hidalgos, his control of the isles would be complete."​

don_quixote.jpg

Option A: The forces of Avignon and Castile-Leon attempt to gain control over the isles amidst the chaos of the coming and goings of the Grenadans…

1; Failure! Forces loyal to Aragon are able to contain the invaders for the present. Casus Belli against Aragon to both Avignon and Castile-Leon.+1 current landmil to Aragon.

2-3; Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company are able to secure control of the islands. Baleares controlled by Avignon. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)

4-5; Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company are able to secure control of the islands. Baleares controlled by Castile-Leon. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)

6-7; Great Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company are able to secure control of the islands without great loss. Baleares controlled by Avignon. Landmil expenditure for Avignon reduced. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)

8-9; Great Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company are able to secure control of the islands without great loss. Baleares controlled by Castile-Leon. Landmil expenditure for Castile-Leon reduced. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)

10; Astonishing Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company secure control of the islands with ease. Baleares controlled by Castile-Leon. Landmil expenditure for both Castile-Leon and Avignon reduced. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)​

RESULT: 2 - 2-3; Success! The invading forces of Paco de Sevilla and the Bretagne Company are able to secure control of the islands. Baleares controlled by Avignon. (Trigger 'Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response)

EXPENDITURE:
Avignon: -1 current landmil, -2 current eco
Castile-Leon: -2 current eco, -2 current landmil, -2 current seamil

Balearic Debacle: Aragon's Response to Follow

Last edited:
The Balearic Debacle - Aragon's Response

avignon2ow.png
arag7hj.png
tole3kx.png

Balearic Debacle - Intervention

"The Bretagne Company and the men under Paco de Sevilla have successfully wrested control of the Balearics amidst the various contenders and factions. It was however the Bretagne Company in direct service to Avignon that came out senior in the temporary administration. Now Aragon must decide how she shall react to this invasion of her sphere of influence.

king3oh.jpg

Option A: Declare war upon the aggressors!

1-3; Unpopular War Aragon declares war upon Castile-Leon and Avignon. The decision however is far from popular among the nobility and especially the clergy. War between Aragon and Castile-Leon/Avignon. Avignon occupies the Baleares. -1 morale to Aragon until Winter 1385, -1 current landmil

4-8; War! Aragon declares war upon Castile-Leon and Avignon. War between Aragon and Castile-Leon/Avignon. Avignon occupies the Baleares.

9-10; Popular War Aragon declares war upon Castile-Leon and Avignon. The decision is supported by much of the aristocracy and for now the clergy remain quiet. War between Aragon and Castile-Leon/Avignon. Avignon occupies the Baleares.+1 morale to Aragon until Winter 1385, +1 current landmil

Option B: Indecision.

1-10; Indecision and Diplomacy. Aragon decides to wait with her ultimate decision. Aragon has Casus Belli against both Castile-Leon and Avignon. Avignon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Castile-Leon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Avignon has RP (not mechanical) control over Baleares, Baleares does not count toward Aragon's stats.-1 morale to Aragon until Winter 1384.

Option C: Relent.

1-10; Surrender the Baleares. Aragon decides to relent in the matter and the Baleares pass to the ownership of Avignon. Avignon owns Baleares province.

Aragon has until Friday the 24th to make its decision and notify me via pm or the events inbox.

Last edited:
The Balearic Debacle - Aragon's Response (Conclusion)

avignon2ow.png
arag7hj.png
tole3kx.png

Balearic Debacle - Intervention

Balearic Debacle - Aragon's Response

"The Bretagne Company and the men under Paco de Sevilla have successfully wrested control of the Balearics amidst the various contenders and factions. It was however the Bretagne Company in direct service to Avignon that came out senior in the temporary administration. Now Aragon must decide how she shall react to this invasion of her sphere of influence.

king3oh.jpg

Option B: Indecision.

1-10; Indecision and Diplomacy. Aragon decides to wait with her ultimate decision. Aragon has Casus Belli against both Castile-Leon and Avignon. Avignon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Castile-Leon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Avignon has RP (not mechanical) control over Baleares, Baleares does not count toward Aragon's stats.-1 morale to Aragon until Winter 1384.

Result: 1-10; Indecision and Diplomacy. Aragon decides to wait with her ultimate decision. Aragon has Casus Belli against both Castile-Leon and Avignon. Avignon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Castile-Leon has Casus Belli against Aragon. Avignon has RP (not mechanical) control over Baleares, Baleares does not count toward Aragon's stats.-1 morale to Aragon until Winter 1384.

Last edited:
Age of Chaucery and Feuds (Conclusion)

gran7lc.png
shield_REB.gif

"With no fear of external involvement or massive rebellion, Sultan Mohammed assigned the Order of the Silver Crescent, an assassin's Order if you will, to dispatch his largest political adversaries within the Kingdom. The majority of his enemies were wiped out, especially those from within his clan, the Nasrids. Once the culling was complete, he allowed their families to flee to Byzantium to make sure they would never pester him from North Africa or Spain. This of course caused a power vacuum in the country, only filled by the Alhambra's authority. The factions, in the wake of the death of their leaders, could not react, especially after the Baya. However, one adversary remained for the Sultan, Abu Abdullah Al-Cordobi, an exiled prince who, although had no strong links to Bani Ahmer, claimed the throne through lineage. The exile had much support in the North, and with the turmoil in the Kingdom, Granada would face its bloodiest, and last civil war…"​

algiers-panorama.jpg

Option B: Grenada takes a more direct approach, through aggressive use of the Silver Crescent and policies they attempt to force Al-Cordobi's hand.

1-2; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 3/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

3-4; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

5-6; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate an insurrection in the northwest of the country, attempting to capture the capital. Loyalist armies are hastily gathered in defense. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; Rebel scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

7-8; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies, intimidated and preempted by the loyalists launch an ill-prepared and hasty attack in the north. Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 2/0/7/11/0 (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

9-10; Crushing the Opposition. The coercion and intimidation of the loyalists have forced many of Al-Cordobi's allies either into unprepared attacks easily fended off or into inactivity. no effect (Trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')​

RESULT: 1; 1-2; Rebellion! Al-Cordobi's allies instigate a powerful insurrection in the northwest of the country, soon controlling much of the countryside of Grenada. Loyalist armies are forced to group in the south. -1 tech to Grenada until end of revolution; province of Grenada is occupied by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Grenada of 3/0/8/11/0. (End of Revolution will trigger 'Defeat of Al-Cordobi')

Banditry in France

brit5nb.png
fran8fs.png
burg9if.png

"Remnants of armies past, English or Frankish, cut-throats and thieves, the number of such scum of France in days of late is becoming a nuisance to governors and is a constant worry to the populace. The local lords of Brittany, Burgundy and the Royal Lands are most set upon by this plague, it seems only by luck or perhaps lack of able-bodied men, law-abiding or not has Auvergne escaped this minor crisis for now. Just the Tuesday prior Olivier was upon the roads to market and was waylaid by a gang of thieves intent to relieve him of all possessions including even his old worn-out shoes. Olivier escaped, but many are not so lucky. While fragile peace with the barbarian Englishmen holds, such problems threaten to undermine the prosperity of the French Kingdom…"

thievesinnight7ke.jpg

Option A: Ignore the Problem; These rabble are the worry of the commoners and local magistrates! (0 expenditure)

1; Rebellion! The problem greatly worsens, the populace fed up with their ineffective landowners take matters into their own hands, perhaps they'll take a few noble necks while they're at it! Trigger Revolution Event,-2 morale until end of revolution, -1 current/max eco until end of Summer 1385.

2-4; Grave Discontent. The problem continues to worsen, the populace are getting fed up with their ineffective landowners and are preparing to take matters into their own hands, tired of being the victim of both outlaws and state. -1 morale until end of Summer 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Summer 1385.

5-8; Discontent. The problem is a constant annoyance and worry to the populace. Many spit behind the backs of the magistrates and nobles as they ride by on their rich horses. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Autumn 1384.

9-10; Problem Slowly Improves. The magistrates actually end up doing something positive and it seems as though slowly the problem is being brought under some sort of acceptable control. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385.

Option B: Limited Central Response; Far be it for a sovereign to deal with such trivial matters, but if a few men and some gold will help, so be it! (-1 current landmil, -2 current eco)

1-3; Grave Discontent. The problem continues to worsen, the populace are getting fed up with their ineffective landowners and are preparing to take matters into their own hands, tired of being the victim of both outlaws and state. -1 morale until end of Summer 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Summer 1385.

4-7; Discontent. The problem is a constant annoyance and worry to the populace. Many spit behind the backs of the magistrates and nobles as they ride by on their rich horses. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Autumn 1384.

8-9; Problem Slowly Improves. The magistrates actually end up doing something positive and it seems as though slowly the problem is being brought under some sort of acceptable control. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385.

10; Situation Improving. Though people like to be inside before it gets dark, things seem to be getting better than they once were. No effect.

Option C: Heavy Central Response; These rabble chew upon the fat of the people for which I am dependant! (-2 current landmil, -3 current eco)

1-2; Grave Discontent. The problem continues to worsen, the populace are getting fed up with their ineffective landowners and are preparing to take matters into their own hands, tired of being the victim of both outlaws and state. -1 morale until end of Summer 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Summer 1385.

3-4; Discontent. The problem is a constant annoyance and worry to the populace. Many spit behind the backs of the magistrates and nobles as they ride by on their rich horses. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Autumn 1384.

5-6; Problem Slowly Improves. The magistrates actually end up doing something positive and it seems as though slowly the problem is being brought under some sort of acceptable control. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385.

7-8; Situation Improving. Though people like to be inside before it gets dark, things seem to be getting better than they once were. No effect.

9-10; Drastically Improved Situation. Soldiers of the lord partrol the dark corners where thieves once hid and the bandits have had to once more retreat to the forests. The tax collectors find quite to their amusement (though little to that of the peasants) that there is more to wring out of these poor souls. +1 tech until end of Winter 1385

Brittany, Burgundy and France have through Saturday the 25th of June to return their choices. Default choice is A.

Last edited:
Banditry in France (Brittany Conclusion)

brit5nb.png

"Remnants of armies past, English or Frankish, cut-throats and thieves, the number of such scum of France in days of late is becoming a nuisance to governors and is a constant worry to the populace. The local lords of Brittany, Burgundy and the Royal Lands are most set upon by this plague, it seems only by luck or perhaps lack of able-bodied men, law-abiding or not has Auvergne escaped this minor crisis for now. Just the Tuesday prior Olivier was upon the roads to market and was waylaid by a gang of thieves intent to relieve him of all possessions including even his old worn-out shoes. Olivier escaped, but many are not so lucky. While fragile peace with the barbarian Englishmen holds, such problems threaten to undermine the prosperity of the French Kingdom…"

thievesinnight7ke.jpg

Option C: Heavy Central Response; These rabble chew upon the fat of the people for which I am dependant! (-2 current landmil, -3 current eco)

1-2; Grave Discontent. The problem continues to worsen, the populace are getting fed up with their ineffective landowners and are preparing to take matters into their own hands, tired of being the victim of both outlaws and state. -1 morale until end of Summer 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Summer 1385.

3-4; Discontent. The problem is a constant annoyance and worry to the populace. Many spit behind the backs of the magistrates and nobles as they ride by on their rich horses. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385, -1 current/max eco until end of Autumn 1384.

5-6; Problem Slowly Improves. The magistrates actually end up doing something positive and it seems as though slowly the problem is being brought under some sort of acceptable control. -1 morale until end of Spring 1385.

7-8; Situation Improving. Though people like to be inside before it gets dark, things seem to be getting better than they once were. No effect.

9-10; Drastically Improved Situation. Soldiers of the lord partrol the dark corners where thieves once hid and the bandits have had to once more retreat to the forests. The tax collectors find quite to their amusement (though little to that of the peasants) that there is more to wring out of these poor souls. +1 tech until end of Winter 1385

RESULT: 7; 7-8; Situation Improving. Though people like to be inside before it gets dark, things seem to be getting better than they once were. No effect.

EXPENDITURE:
Brittany: -2 current landmil, -3 current eco

Last edited:
Banditry in France (France Conclusion)

fran8fs.png

thievesinnight7ke.jpg

RESULTS: 9; 9-10; Drastically Improved Situation. Soldiers of the lord patrol the dark corners where thieves once hid and the bandits have had to once more retreat to the forests. The tax collectors find quite to their amusement (though little to that of the peasants) that there is more to wring out of these poor souls. +1 tech until end of Winter 1385

EXPENDITURE:
France:
-2 current landmil, -3 current eco

Last edited:
Civil War in Wielkopolska

pola5pd.png

Sadly, Louis Angevin was a rare guest in Poland and the most important quality to him was loyalty above all else. Through such he made the appointment of Domarat of Pierzchno and Iwno the starost of Wielkopolska. The new starost was indeed loyal, like a dog to his master, alas he did not possessed any other qualities. Soon, he started filling other offices in Wielkopolska with his family members, starting from sons to cousins and sons-in-law, nepotism in its purest version, in the scale rarely witnessed even in the Middle Ages. This naturally caused unrest among the old noble houses of Wielkopolska. The worst was to come though, the entire province was slowly drowning in chaos caused by corruption and neglecting his duties as starost. Nobles demanded to remove him from the office but King Louis remained deaf to these pleas, besides, soon the news of his death reached Wielkopolska.

This event was the spark which ignited the powder keg. More and more nobles were demanding from starost to step down. Finally, in the middle of October, voivode of Poznań, Wincęty z Kępy herbu Doliwa, a well respected baron, started an uprising against the starost. This event overlapped the other, that is the question of inheritance in Poland…

The Lecture

Civil War in Wielkopolska

12.jpg

1; A Victory for the Status Quo. Miraculously, the forces of Domarat of Pierzchno and Iwno prevail upon the insurgents in the brilliant and lucky campaign. On 20th of January Wladyslaw Opolczyk defeats the forces of the Landlords faction. During the following weeks many keeps and towns are taken by Domarat's forces. On 15th of February a two days long battle is fought near Piotrków. Sêdziwój ¦widwa and Bartosz Wezenborg are defeated by Domarat there. Mazovian faction practically loses its chances. -1 current/max landmil to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 morale to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 tech to Poland until end of Winter 1384

2-7; Historical Path. The story goes as if it was written already, the forces of Domarat of Pierzchno and Iwno are locked in a bloody draw with the insurgents, neither side is able to prevail. On 20th of January, Wladyslaw Opolczyk, is defeated by the forces of the Landlords faction. During the following weeks many keeps and towns exchange hands. On 15th of February a two days long battle is fought near Piotrków. Sêdziwój ¦widwa and Bartosz Wezenborg defeats Domarat there. However, Wierzbiêta ze Smogulca lifts the siege of Ostroróg and suddenly attacks their forces from behind. His victory is complete. -2 morale to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 tech to Poland until end of Winter 1384

8-10; Mazovia Ascendant. The joint forces of Mazovian and Landlords factions crush starost of Wielkopolsa and his allies. On 20th of January Wladyslaw Opolczyk is defeated by the forces of the Landlords faction. During the following weeks many keeps and towns exchange hands. On 15th of February a two days long battle is fought near Piotrków. Sêdziwój ¦widwa and Bartosz Wezenborg defeats Domarat there. However, Wierzbiêta ze Smogulca lifts the siege of Ostroróg and suddenly attacks their forces from behind. The insurgent forces are ready to receive the attackers and welcome them accordingly. Almost all of Wielkopolska is now in Ziemowit?s supporter hands. -1 current/max landmil to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 morale to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 tech to Poland until end of Winter 1384

RESULT: 9; 8-10; Mazovia Ascendant. The joint forces of Mazovian and Landlords factions crush starost of Wielkopolsa and his allies. On 20th of January Wladyslaw Opolczyk is defeated by the forces of the Landlords faction. During the following weeks many keeps and towns exchange hands. On 15th of February a two days long battle is fought near Piotrków. Sêdziwój ¦widwa and Bartosz Wezenborg defeats Domarat there. However, Wierzbiêta ze Smogulca lifts the siege of Ostroróg and suddenly attacks their forces from behind. The insurgent forces are ready to receive the attackers and welcome them accordingly. Almost all of Wielkopolska is now in Ziemowit?s supporter hands. -1 current/max landmil to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 morale to Poland until end of Winter 1384, -1 tech to Poland until end of Winter 1384

Event largely scripted by Longinus

Last edited:
Age of Chaucery and Feuds - The Defeat of Al-Cordobi

Age of Chaucery and Feuds

Age of Chaucery and Feuds - Conclusion

gran7lc.png
rebels6dt.png

"After the disastrous battle upon the plains of Zimia, Al-Cordobi was able to make it back to the safety of the city walls. However his time was running out, it would only be so long before the far larger forces loyal to the King would break through the defenses and it would be all over. Thusly he decided he must try and escape. So under the dark of night, his most loyal remaining followers attempt to slip him out of the city and out of the grasp of a vengeful King…"

Crusades%20Siege%20Weapons.jpg
1-2; Treachery! Learning of Al-Cordobi's plans to simply leave them to their fate, many of his previous followers turn against him and murder the leader. A white flag is raised over the city and the rebels hope for the mercy of their King. Granada back in Granada's control, Revolution is ended.

3-4; Escape! Al-Cordobi manages to escape from the city, however without his leadership the rebellion dissolves and the city surrenders hoping for the mercy of their King. Granada back in Granada's control, Revolution is ended.

5-6; Escape! Al-Cordobi manages to escape from the city and his followers happy at the escape of their leader decide to try and hold out until he can return and relieve them. No mechanical effect.

7-10; Capture! Al-Cordobi fails in his attempt to escape the city and is captured by the armies of the King and his allies. When the rebels inside the city learn of the capture of their leader they surrender, hoping for the mercy of their King. Granada back in Granada's control, Revolution is ended.

RESULT: 1; 1-2; Treachery! Learning of Al-Cordobi's plans to simply leave them to their fate, many of his previous followers turn against him and murder the leader. A white flag is raised over the city and the rebels hope for the mercy of their King bought with the head of Al-Cordobi. Granada back in Granada's control, Revolution is ended.

Last edited:
Flooding in the Low Countries

julich3yf.png
bava6jn.png

"The Low Countries have always in a sense been too little country and too much water. This has throughout history worked both as boon and bane and the landscape quite clearly reflects both, the fertile valleys, the dikes and dams. This spring however has brought with it an abnormally high amount of rain and combined with melting snow, the dikes, canals and dams are being pressed already it seems to breaking point…"

dutchflood5je.jpg

Option A: Its nature, it happens every year, ignore it! (no cost)

1; Nature Relents. The rains ease up, yet the extra water proves useful and the ground is in particularly great condition for planted and planting crops. +1 current eco.

2-3; Disaster! Man's feeble attempts to protect himself are proved utterly worthless, entire villages are washed away, roads are destroyed and much livestock is lost. It seems the locals will take years trying to recover. -1 tech until Spring 1384, -2 current eco, -1 max eco until Spring 1384.

4-8; Flooding Causes Serious Problems. Though in some places the waters are kept back, a great deal of damage is done. Homes are washed away, roads become rivers and a great deal of livestock are lost. The locals fear a long road to recovery. -2 current eco, -1 tech until Spring 1384.

9-10; Flooding Causes Minor Problems. In most places the flood waters are kept back, however homes are still destroyed, the roads are damaged and some livestock are lost. The populace heaves a collective sigh and resign themselves to cleaning up after nature's mess. -1 tech until Winter 1384

Option B: This looks ominous, we must try and do whatever we can. (-1 current eco)

1; Nature Relents. The rains ease up, yet the extra water proves useful and the ground is in particularly great condition for planted and planting crops. +1 current eco.

2; Disaster! Man's feeble attempts to protect himself are proved utterly worthless, entire villages are washed away, roads are destroyed and much livestock is lost. It seems the locals will take years trying to recover. -1 tech until Spring 1384, -2 current eco, -1 max eco until Spring 1384.

3-4; Flooding Causes Serious Problems. Though in some places the waters are kept back, a great deal of damage is done. Homes are washed away, roads become rivers and a great deal of livestock are lost. The locals fear a long road to recovery. -2 current eco, -1 tech until Spring 1384.

5-10; Flooding Causes Minor Problems. In most places the flood waters are kept back, however homes are still destroyed, the roads are damaged and some livestock are lost. The populace heaves a collective sigh and resign themselves to cleaning up after nature's mess. -1 tech until Winter 1384

Bavaria and Jülich have until Friday, July 1st to give their response. Default choice is A.

Flooding in the Low Countries (Bavaria Conclusion)

bava6jn.png

"The Low Countries have always in a sense been too little country and too much water. This has throughout history worked both as boon and bane and the landscape quite clearly reflects both, the fertile valleys, the dikes and dams. This spring however has brought with it an abnormally high amount of rain and combined with melting snow, the dikes, canals and dams are being pressed already it seems to breaking point…"

dutchflood5je.jpg

Option B: This looks ominous, we must try and do whatever we can. (-1 current eco)

2; Disaster! Man's feeble attempts to protect himself are proved utterly worthless, entire villages are washed away, roads are destroyed and much livestock is lost. It seems the locals will take years trying to recover. -1 tech until Spring 1384, -2 current eco, -1 max eco until Spring 1384.

3-4; Flooding Causes Serious Problems. Though in some places the waters are kept back, a great deal of damage is done. Homes are washed away, roads become rivers and a great deal of livestock are lost. The locals fear a long road to recovery. -2 current eco, -1 tech until Spring 1384.

5-10; Flooding Causes Minor Problems. In most places the flood waters are kept back, however homes are still destroyed, the roads are damaged and some livestock are lost. The populace heaves a collective sigh and resign themselves to cleaning up after nature's mess. -1 tech until Winter 1384

RESULT: 2; Disaster! Man's feeble attempts to protect himself are proved utterly worthless, entire villages are washed away, roads are destroyed and much livestock is lost. It seems the locals will take years trying to recover. -1 tech until Spring 1384, -2 current eco, -1 max eco until Spring 1384.

Flooding in the Low Countries (Jülich Conclusion)

julich3yf.png

dutchflood5je.jpg

RESULT: 7; Flooding Causes Minor Problems. In most places the flood waters are kept back, however homes are still destroyed, the roads are damaged and some livestock are lost. The populace heaves a collective sigh and resign themselves to cleaning up after nature's mess. -1 tech until Winter 1384

The Navy Teutonic

denm3vq.png
teut4ws.png

"Whoever controls the Baltic waters controls the lands surrounding them. At least, that has been the Danish perspective for centuries, ever since the first Danish Viking king based his power on his ability to transport his warriors where ever needed in a realm bound together by waterways. However, others do not share this view. The Teutonic Order, with their focus on spreading Christianity by force to landlocked pagans, have no use for a strong navy, preferring to use their manpower on expansion inland. And thus, the two nations find themselves in a unique position to strike a deal. Denmark wishes to expand her navy, and the Order to sell their ships. It is only natural that a transfer of naval power takes place."

misc010.jpg

Option A: The transfer, lain down in treaty, goes through… (-1 current eco to both Denmark and Teutonic Order)

1-2; Ships of Poor Quality. It turns out that the existing fleet of the Teutons is of such poor quality, that great expense must be taken to make them even properly sea-worthy, not to mention battle-worthy. -1 tech to Denmark until Summer 1384, -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

3-4; Ships of Good Quality. Even if they wanted to turn their crews into grunts, the Teutons seem to have taken admirable care of their ships. Not having used them much, they seem as good as new. The Danish navy is better for their contribution. +1 tech to Denmark until Summer 1384, -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

5-6; Neutral Transfer. The transfer goes quietly, neither side surprised in either pleasure of dissapointment. -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

7-8; These Wet-Toed Dullards! The sailors of the previous Teutonic fleet prove to make poor soldiers. The drilling and training of the Teutonic system will no doubt one day bring some value to them yet, however for now their presence only seems to weaken the greater whole. -1 tech to Teutonic Order until Summer 1384, -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

9-10; They Will Make Good Men Yet! The sailors of the previous Teutonic fleet prove willing and in time quite capable. They are eager for their new roles, and after all isn't food better on land anyway? Most of these men simply got sea sick, and are happy to leave the salty shores behind them. +1 tech to Teutonic Order until Summer 1384, -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

RESULT: 8; 7-8; These Wet-Toed Dullards! The sailors of the previous Teutonic fleet prove to make poor soldiers. The drilling and training of the Teutonic system will no doubt one day bring some value to them yet, however for now their presence only seems to weaken the greater whole. -1 tech to Teutonic Order until Summer 1384, -1 current eco to Denmark, -1 max eco to Denmark*, -2 current SM to Teutonic Order, -2 max SM to Teutonic Order*, +1 current eco to Teutonic Order, +1 max eco to Teutonic Order*, +2 current SM to Denmark, +2 max SM to Denmark*

*Changes are semi-permanent. Either player that wishes to withdraw from the arrangement (or if one player resigns) may simply notify me at any time to cancel the agreement. An event will then be run to simulate the end of the deal.

Last edited:
The Devşirme (Initial)

ottomans2ag.png

Devshirmeh (Turkish devşirme) refers to the system used by the Ottoman sultans to tax newly conquered states, and build a loyal slave army and class of administrators: the Janissaries. The word literally means "gathering" in Turkish. The devshirmeh system was similar to a system used by earlier Islamic dynasties, such as the Abbasids who used slaves to build armies that were thought to be loyal to the ruler and thus provide a steady pool of manpower that was outside of local politics.

Boys were collected every year, from lands in the Balkans by a janissary. From here, they were taken to the sultan if deemed fit, or sent to other families where they would train until they reached adulthood. Upon reaching adulthood, they were sent to different units of the Janissaries. Again there were two paths open, they could end up as cavalry soldiers and eventually hope to attain the rank of an officer, or they could remain in the court of the Sultan and possibly become the grand vizier. Training itself involved physical preparation in the arts of war, as well as the study of culture, such as calligraphy, theology, literature, law and languages. Despite the rigors of training, while students, the devshirmeh were not allowed to leave the palace.

180px-Janissary-soldiers.jpg

Option A: The Ottomans continue the practice of the slave army, recruiting the boys of Christian families under their rule to bolster their ranks. (-2 current eco, during wartime one point of manpower is automatically spent until the end of Summer 1386 or any ongoing wars during that time.)

1; Rebellion and Inefficiency! The Christian subjects of the Sultan are tired of giving up their sons to bolster the army of the infidel. The attack and murder local governors and begin preparing to die fighting if need be. The soldiers that are raised make poor and demoralized soldiers. Albania and Thessaly are controlled by Rebel Scum. Rebel Scum have an army of 4/0/7/12/0. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385.+1 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

2-3; Grave Discontent and Inefficiency. The Christian subjects are growing increasingly frustrated by their plight. The Turks are able however to still gather more men, no matter their lack of immediate quality. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385. +1 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

4-5; So be it. The Christian subjects tire very quickly of the process, of watching their boys taken as tribute. However, what can we do? -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385. +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

6-7; Effective Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working. The process of drawing the slave army is clearly strengthening the Empire. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1384. +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

8-9; Successful and Efficient Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working and working well. The conscripts are quickly trained and soon are providing quality manpower for the Turk. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386 +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386

10; Great Success and Efficient Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working and the ranks of the Sultan are being filled by Christian boys who soon serve both well and with the loyalty of zealots. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.+2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, +1 morale to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

Option B; Is it all worth it? The Sultan questions the practice of the slave army and decides to rely for a time on more conventional means. (no cost)

1-10; Convention. The Turks decide to lay to rest for a time the practice of conscripting the Christian youth. They find at the least that they make more money in taxes out of the affair. +1 current eco to Ottoman Empire

Ottoman Turks have through Wednesday the 6th to respond, default choice is A.

Battle Results, Spring 1383

farm~sm.jpg

There is naught but peace throughout the land.

The Devşirme (Conclusion)

ottomans2ag.png

Devshirmeh (Turkish devşirme) refers to the system used by the Ottoman sultans to tax newly conquered states, and build a loyal slave army and class of administrators: the Janissaries. The word literally means "gathering" in Turkish. The devshirmeh system was similar to a system used by earlier Islamic dynasties, such as the Abbasids who used slaves to build armies that were thought to be loyal to the ruler and thus provide a steady pool of manpower that was outside of local politics.

Boys were collected every year, from lands in the Balkans by a janissary. From here, they were taken to the sultan if deemed fit, or sent to other families where they would train until they reached adulthood. Upon reaching adulthood, they were sent to different units of the Janissaries. Again there were two paths open, they could end up as cavalry soldiers and eventually hope to attain the rank of an officer, or they could remain in the court of the Sultan and possibly become the grand vizier. Training itself involved physical preparation in the arts of war, as well as the study of culture, such as calligraphy, theology, literature, law and languages. Despite the rigors of training, while students, the devshirmeh were not allowed to leave the palace.

180px-Janissary-soldiers.jpg

Option A: The Ottomans continue the practice of the slave army, recruiting the boys of Christian families under their rule to bolster their ranks. (-2 current eco, during wartime one point of manpower is automatically spent until the end of Summer 1386 or any ongoing wars during that time.)

1; Rebellion and Inefficiency! The Christian subjects of the Sultan are tired of giving up their sons to bolster the army of the infidel. The attack and murder local governors and begin preparing to die fighting if need be. The soldiers that are raised make poor and demoralized soldiers. Albania and Thessaly are controlled by Rebel Scum. Rebel Scum have an army of 4/0/7/12/0. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385.+1 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

2-3; Grave Discontent and Inefficiency. The Christian subjects are growing increasingly frustrated by their plight. The Turks are able however to still gather more men, no matter their lack of immediate quality. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385. +1 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

4-5; So be it. The Christian subjects tire very quickly of the process, of watching their boys taken as tribute. However, what can we do? -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1385. +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

6-7; Effective Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working. The process of drawing the slave army is clearly strengthening the Empire. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, -1 tech to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1384. +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

8-9; Successful and Efficient Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working and working well. The conscripts are quickly trained and soon are providing quality manpower for the Turk. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386 +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386

10; Great Success and Efficient Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working and the ranks of the Sultan are being filled by Christian boys who soon serve both well and with the loyalty of zealots. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.+2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386, +1 morale to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386.

RESULT: 9; 8-9; Successful and Efficient Conscription. The people don't like it, but there's no denying that its working and working well. The conscripts are quickly trained and soon are providing quality manpower for the Turk. -1 current/max eco to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386 +2 max landmil to Ottoman Empire until Summer 1386

City of Kings

serb3pp.png

Stefan Dusan had had himself crowned Tsar in Skopje, the capital of the realm then shifted there from Prizren. In the time of Dusan however, making Skopje that capital was an appropriate choice. Strategically Skopje lie in axis between the Serb heartland and the large possessions in Greece. Skopje was a wealthy city and a central hub of trade. However now the Empire of Tsar is gone, yet his original city remains, and the city that had served Serbian Kings for centuries. Prizren, one of the jewels of Kosovo, remained important even as Skopje held a central role and now as Skopje's strategic position has deterioriated along with the Empire upon which its choice as capital rested, the decision has been made to bring the administration back to Prizren. However it can be doubted that the transition will go off perfectly and there are those such as Mladen Miroslavic, Steward of Skopje who would be ill-inclined to see their power fade further.

prizren29tq.jpg

Option A: The capital moves to Prizren. (-1 current eco)

1-2; Chaos and Confusion. The old elite in Skopje are able to cause significant delay and confusion is the transfer. Only time and money are able to eventually ease the problems. -1 current eco to Serbia, -1 morale to Serbia until Summer 1384

3-4; Confusion and Frustration. The old elite in Skopje are able to cause delay and confusion in the transfer. Time and money will in time ease the tensions, and people in both cities hope to simply get back to sense of normalcy. -1 morale to Serbia until Summer 1384

5-6; The Woes of Transition. The old elite in Skopje reluctantly give up their position and slowly the progress of state grinds on. Time shall no doubt heal all, but for now it’s a tedious process. no effect

7-8; What will be done, will be done. The old elite in Skopje reluctantly give up their position and the process of state grinds on. There are of course the minor bits of confusion that accompany such things, but all in all it goes well. +1 morale to Serbia until Summer 1384

9-10; Successful Transition. The old elite in Skopje are of course reluctant to give up their position, however most decide they will simply try and extend themselves to Prizren, taking advantage of the new opportunities. The new capital is better defended, and there is a good aura about the entire event. +1 morale to Serbia until Summer 1385

RESULT: 8; 7-8; What will be done, will be done. The old elite in Skopje reluctantly give up their position and the process of state grinds on. There are of course the minor bits of confusion that accompany such things, but all in all it goes well. +1 morale to Serbia until Summer 1384

Event rolled by Ladislav.

The Throne of Sicily - Domestic Response

sici4hy.png

"Dubiously Friedrich von Wettin has moved to install himself as King of Sicily. Claims of others have been cast away and the questions of religion in this time of Schism within the church are glaring to say the least. The nobility and clergy of Sicily know they must act swiftly if they are to prevent their rights and privileges in such matters being utterly cast aside, not to mention preventing the action from taking place at all. Also now other claimants look upon Sicily from the outside, waiting to see the reaction domestically before moving to action…"

sicilianvespers7hz.jpg

Option A: The Deed is Done. Friedrich von Wettin has acted and now only the action of the populace may influence the affair further…

1; Optimism or Lacking a Spine? The clergy remain eerily quiet over the entire affair and some among the nobility go as far as to support von Wettin. Though those abroad may wish to intervene, they are unlikely to find much support within Sicily. +1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385. (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Weak Domestic Response)

2-3; Reluctant Observation. The clergy remain surprisingly tame in their criticism and its not unheard of for the odd person of noble lineage to support von Wettin. no effect (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Weak Domestic Response)

4-5; Tensions and Outcries. The clergy are far from silent in their criticism and the nobility feel that their rights are being trampled, among them there are those that begin to show their outrage in action. -1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385 (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Weak Domestic Response)

6-7; Demonstrations and Opposition. The clergy actively admonish the actions of von Wettin and the nobility refuse to stand for such an abuse of their privileges and rights, not to mention interests. -2 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385 (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Strong Domestic Response)

8-9; Fierce Opposition and Fury. The nobility and clergy of Sicily refuse to accept this utter abuse and usurping of power and cry out to claimants abroad to intervene. -2 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385, -1 tech to Sicily until Autumn 1384 (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Strong Domestic Response)

10; Outright Rebellion! This cannot be allowed, foreigners be damned, the people rise against this outrage. All the while hoping for further support from abroad from whomever it may come. -2 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385, -1 tech to Sicily until Autumn 1384, Malta and Messina controlled by Rebel Scum, Rebel Scum have an army in Messina of 3/0/8/11/0. (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Open Rebellion)

RESULT: 2; 2-3; Reluctant Observation. The clergy remain surprisingly tame in their criticism and its not unheard of for the odd person of noble lineage to support von Wettin. no effect (Trigger: The Throne of Sicily, Weak Domestic Response)

The Throne of Sicily - Weak Domestic Response

sici4hy.png

"Dubiously Friedrich von Wettin has moved to install himself as King of Sicily. Claims of others have been cast away and the questions of religion in this time of Schism within the church are glaring to say the least. The nobility and clergy of Sicily know they must act swiftly if they are to prevent their rights and privileges in such matters being utterly cast aside, not to mention preventing the action from taking place at all. Also now other claimants look upon Sicily from the outside, waiting to see the reaction domestically before moving to action…"

"The response from the clergy and nobility of Sicily itself has not been great. However those abroad may still wish to capitalize upon the potential unrest and instability…

sicilianvespers7hz.jpg

Option A: Minor Intervention. We are interested, but well, there are debtors to pay and fools to hire. Money doesn't grow on trees you know. (-1 current eco)

Option B: Major Intervention. This is a matter of grave importance! (-2 current eco)

Option C: War! Only arms may settle this! We must move at once! (-1 tech until conclusion of war)*

This event is open to all countries who may claim to have an interest in the affair. Please send your responses to either the event inbox or my pm box including your choice of option and why this matter concerns your realm. Also detail if your intervention is pro-von Wettin or not. A following event(s) will then be run judging upon the level of intervention. Answers must be to me by Friday the 8th, lack of response is lack of action.

*Event will allow a default CB, that is no morale bonus or penalty if intervention is considered appropriate. War shall either be against Sicily (anti-von Wettin) or against Sicily's enemies (pro-von Wettin).

Last edited:
The Throne of Sicily - Domestic Response (Conclusion)

sici4hy.png

Response from abroad against von Wettin has proved feeble at best while the support in favour of him has done much to potentially quiet any remaining open resistance domestically. The malcontents at home, without enough evident force from outside stay quiet to 'fight another day'.

sicilianvespers7hz.jpg

Option A: The Deed is Done. Friedrich von Wettin has acted and now only the action of the populace may influence the affair further…

1-3; Acceptance Even if some are still outraged over what has transpired, the forces against them are too great to deal with now. Perhaps its best just to make the best of the situation as may be done. +1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1386.

4-6; Return of Stability. Yes, there are those who can't stand the idea of what has happened, but against such support for von Wettin they know they can't prevail. Best to accept the situation and wait until a new leader may arise.+1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385

7-8; Resignation. An outrage not protested is still an outrage. Still, response from abroad has been clear and its not going to aid those against von Wettin. The malcontents enter into quiet resignation. no effect

9-10; Demonstrations and Opposition. Outsiders be damned! The clergy actively admonish the actions of von Wettin and the nobility refuse to stand for such an abuse of their privileges and rights, not to mention interests. -1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1386

RESULT: 6; 4-6; Return of Stability. Yes, there are those who can't stand the idea of what has happened, but against such support for von Wettin they know they can't prevail. Best to accept the situation and wait until a new leader may arise.+1 morale to Sicily until Autumn 1385

EXPENDITURE:
Bohemia: -2 current eco
Jülich: -1 current eco

Battle Results, Summer 1383

farm~sm.jpg

There is naught but peace throughout the land.