• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yyyyyyyyyyyy

Recruit
Jun 13, 2019
Rlly want to use observer mode tbh I feel like I’d rlly enjoy just simulating random empires and seeing what happens. Idk something about just seems fun to me. I think it would be great if observer mode or console commands became a thing on console edition because it would make things so much more fun and allow you to play ur way

Rlly want to use observer mode tbh I feel like I’d rlly enjoy just simulating random empires and seeing what happens. Idk something about just seems fun to me. I think it would be great if observer mode or console commands became a thing on console edition because it would make things so much more fun and allow you to play ur way

You, myself, and many other's are trying to convince the dev's to unlock the command console and so far it has been to no avail. So I agree 100%. However, beyond observer mode there are so many benefits to unlocking the command console for the console edition. One among many, are using observer mode, to then switch to one of the AI empires, and use the control given over said AI empire to build and upgrade the buildings their broken AI aren't building nor upgrading causing them to stagnate ruining the immersion, and depleting the challenge for the player.

They're busy working on the release of Utopia, so hopefully after that is completed they'll unlock the command console because of all the bugs and the AI becoming further broken upon that DLC's release, the command console will be the only work around to those bugs and the increasingly broken AI.

You can find out more information from one or two of the current command console threads.

The Observer mode *was* added to the game on PCs in a later update and I hope that as the console edition gets updated (fingers crossed as it seems to have performed well!) it'll also see that feature added in the future.