Observe, The Paradox Programmer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I'm gonna be a positive boy so I'm gonna look ahead a bit.

It is commonly said that PDX releases dlc like this: Major > minor > major > minor...
So the currently species pack could be called a minor dlc. so we should be getting a major one after that. What could be part of a major dlc? Probably something to regain consumer faith and give money in the bank. We might see some major changes to systems that aren't working properly in that major dlc. If not, then the rage might reach a new critical point.
I do not think we'll see something for spiritualists or hiveminds, that will probably come in a minor dlc.

Reactions:
Well, I'm gonna be a positive boy so I'm gonna look ahead a bit.

It is commonly said that PDX releases dlc like this: Major > minor > major > minor...
So the currently species pack could be called a minor dlc. so we should be getting a major one after that. What could be part of a major dlc? Probably something to regain consumer faith and give money in the bank. We might see some major changes to systems that aren't working properly in that major dlc. If not, then the rage might reach a new critical point.
I do not think we'll see something for spiritualists or hiveminds, that will probably come in a minor dlc.

Optimist.

More likely something like a half-working espionage, internal faction reworking,, or new small system graft-on like archaeology. Oh, and yet another Habitat reworking and tradition tweaks because why not?

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Paradox is certainly a great company to take such a good care for it's employees. Look at those amenities of a modern office space: comfy concrete floor to lie on while you write program code on almost unused paper. You also get the opportunity to work closely with some of the finest talent in the industry, such as mr. Banana seen here. It sure is a programmers dream come true.

That banana represents the daily ration earned for meeting scrum targets. It's on the other side of the paper because he hasn't earned it yet!

• 6Haha
Reactions:
That banana represents the daily ration earned for meeting scrum targets. It's on the other side of the paper because he hasn't earned it yet!
The banana looks fresh, so I'm guessing that's Decent Conditions living standards rather than Basic Subsistence.

Either way, great visual example of Indentured Servitude. Look at that +20% happiness smile!

• 10Haha
Reactions:
I was thinking that we probably got just three dev diaries before the release of Necroids. Portraits: All of them an how they are made. Patch: What the devs have done for us? Expect more than anything puns about the People's Front of Judea :rolleyes: And then in the final one Patch notes: Loren Ipsum Ad Nauseam Et Fix Enim In Ludo
The space pope approves of that patch notes ;)

i wonder if the banana on the image has a hidden meaning...

Don't ask question the people on the forum can't respond without the mods banning them :(
We all know what the hidden message is with the banana :rolleyes:
But understand there are things that people can't openly discuss on the forum :(
And sadly Potassium supplements are one of those things :p

• 3Haha
Reactions:
20201013_143808.jpg

"On the floor, it lies in wait, often attempting to hide alongside long lists of patch notes. Why it does this, we're not sure we'll ever really know." - MrFreake (Stellaris CA)

Saw this in the PC Announcement channel of Stellaris' Discord.

Speculate on the content of this "long list of patch notes".

No way that's a programmer.

It looks too human.

That's obviously the Mail Room Guy taking a break beside the "stack" of mail notices as tall as himself that he has to deliver to various programmer dens around the facility.

• 6Haha
Reactions: