• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good question. Anomalies are a part of a different DLC, and Triumph has a policy of not paywalling the content in a sense that each of the DLC's are "standalone".

But maybe there is something actually?

Reactions:
Good question. Anomalies are a part of a different DLC, and Triumph has a policy of not paywalling the content in a sense that each of the DLC's are "standalone".

But maybe there is something actually?

I do not understand. They could have added anomalies at each DLCs after the first and they are available only if you own the first DLC.

To me it sounds like the lazy excuse from Paradox to justify DLCs are only very rarely revisited and integrated for the game to form a whole coherent system of mechanics.

Of course it's not that obvious here with 3 DLCs only but it is extremely visible on Paradox games that have dozens of those.

I do not understand. They could have added anomalies at each DLCs after the first and they are available only if you own the first DLC.

To me it sounds like the lazy excuse from Paradox to justify DLCs are only very rarely revisited and integrated for the game to form a whole coherent system of mechanics.

Of course it's not that obvious here with 3 DLCs only but it is extremely visible on Paradox games that have dozens of those.
The issue is that someone can own invasions or oathbound and not revelations, meaning that they only have whatever handful of new ones are added to the game, unless they

a) include new definitions of every anomaly in each following dlc

b) make each dlc dependent on owning the previous dlc

they wanted to avoid doing either of these so they instead minimize feature overflow between dlcs.

The issue is that someone can own invasions or oathbound and not revelations, meaning that they only have whatever handful of new ones are added to the game, unless they

they wanted to avoid doing either of these so they instead minimize feature overflow between dlcs.
What? Your perception of the limitations is...way wrong. Invasions and Star Kings could easily have included new events that use the anomalies feature WITHOUT automatically enabling anomalies independently of Revelations. And it would not require revising ANY of the previous anomalies to do so. Many multi-DLC games do this. Hell, Paradox does this with other brands.

Reactions:
Hell, Paradox does this with other brands.
Ah, another who fails to grasp the distinction between Paradox the Dev and Paradox the Publisher. Paradox PUBLISHES this game, but Triumph Studios DEVELOPS it.
What? Your perception of the limitations is...way wrong. Invasions and Star Kings could easily have included new events that use the anomalies feature WITHOUT automatically enabling anomalies independently of Revelations. And it would not require revising ANY of the previous anomalies to do so.
Given that I'm fairly sure he's repeating what Triumph have said on the matter, nope.
Many multi-DLC games do this.
And they TOTALLY didn't do this in the way Sinsling outlined in A. because? For that matter, those games are exactly like this one because?

It's a non issue really. Definitely not a). Just have 2 or 3 anomalies in subsequent DLCs that indeed do not appear if you do not own revelations. It's hardly making anything dependent, come on. It's completing the anomalies so that we do not have none available for 2 races and 1 secret tech.

It's hardly making anything dependent,
It actually is. I've modded with the AoW3 engine (this one's predecessor) and you would end up with some messed up dependency loops, or just missing dependencies which would upset things.

The only safe way to do this would be to have an additional DLC that explicitly required the all the others. That would then be able to add parts from the different DLC's resource packs to the others, without anything exploding.

Reactions:
It's a non issue really. Definitely not a). Just have 2 or 3 anomalies in subsequent DLCs that indeed do not appear if you do not own revelations. It's hardly making anything dependent, come on. It's completing the anomalies so that we do not have none available for 2 races and 1 secret tech.

This kind of solutions usually end up being highly criticized by players...

I acknowledge your point of view Zee, I do not agree. If those players wanted to play with anomalies, they would have bought the DLC in question.

In the scenario I propose, no one looses anything, players with the season pass however gain a bit more content.

In the scenario I propose, no one looses anything, players with the season pass however gain a bit more content.
They actually do, cause a dev working on content for older DLC means there's a dev not working on the new DLC. You can see these issues already with Star Kings, players complain that Star Kings is (too) light in content because a large part of the time was spend on the Galactic Empires.

I think Galactic Empire mod gives a reason to play solo beyond the campaign, which custom scenario are lacking.

With current content available, custom scenario are for multiplayer co-op or versus and galactic empire for solo play.

As much as i wish galactic empire could be played in co-op, this is not the case and it will probably not be in the future.