• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you make an assessment about how many units you managed to destroy? What about the air war, is there something happening at all?

I can estimate Soviet losses only from Intelligence reports. It looks like I had destroyed about 90 Soviet divisions.

edit: Forgot about air war ;) At the beginning I used tac bombers to bomb key points and fighters for air-superiority. Now I use almost only multi-role fighters for air-superiority and air transport for supplying a couple of provinces which sometimes are out of supply (especially around Pripyat Marshes and the Little Poland). The Soviet Air power do not disturb Germans too much.

So You are only using the minimum number of troops for the task (according to 3) :)
Reaching Moscow in August from historic start is not bad, by now the surrounded border troops should die of boredom (and lack of supplies) and the troops there can join the fun.

I think I overestimated the Soviets. AI just handed out Leningrad and Moscow without a fight.

Last edited:
Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Tenth and Eleventh Weeks

On 2 September 1941, the Sumjaci pocket was eliminated. About 130,000 soviets were taken prisoners. It was the last major pocket and northern and central Russia.

On 4 September 1941, the Battle of Sniatyn was won. Another 50,000 soviets surrendered. Five days later the Battle of Podhajce was won and on 10 September 1941 the Little Poland pocket was reduced. 380,000 soviets capitulated.

410914Battles.jpg

Following successful elimination of major pockets German armies commenced a full out offensive in all sectors. Odesa was taken and the remnants of the South Ukraine army were surrounded in Bessarabia. Orel, Rjazan and Jaroslavl were taken. The Soviets are retreating south east but still hold left bank of Dnieper River.

410914CS.jpg

410914SU.jpg

Last edited:
Now to destroy the second line of Soviet defenders...
Too easy. Unless supply problems begin soon... :D

Yes indeed. Now only supply can stop Germans. Now Germans have more divisions than Soviets in Western Military District.

If your going with collaboratory government (tho grossly ahistoric) the attack could continue as you got far less troops in the east than most have else November should see the last offensive operation?
Have you bothered with infra upgrades? (can't remember if you already said).

Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Twelfth and Thirteenth Weeks

On 20 September 1941, the Bessarabia pocket was minimised with 60,000 prisoners taken. Chisinau, the last remaining city in Bessarabia, was taken on 26 September 1941.

410928Battles.jpg

The last remaining Soviet armies were scattered and surrounded in Northern Ukraine.

410928CS.jpg

Sevastopol, Kursk, Kharkov and Dnipropetrovsk were taken. Reconnaissance forces were sent to Murmansk, Arkhangelsk, Vologda, Rostov na Donu, Stalingrad and Caucasus. German armies started to feel some supply problems.

410928SU.jpg

Last edited:
But it is already September... the rain will fall soon... then comes TEH MUD

It is coming, but no Soviets left :)

If your going with collaboratory government (tho grossly ahistoric) the attack could continue as you got far less troops in the east than most have else November should see the last offensive operation?

Yes I have collaboration government. I agree that this is grossly ahistorical. Game wise, I think collaborative government is too soft regarding supply and partisans, but total exploitation is too harsh. I have checked 1943 scenario. The total exploitation was completely unsustainable for Germany because supply requirements were higher than total German IC.

As you can see from pictures only Full Occupation makes some sense and could be called historical Total Exploitation. IMHO Collaborationist Government should be more like Military Government or even in between of Full Occupation and Military Government.

Nevertheless, I left Collaborationist Government, which I think was mistake. However, to be honest the Soviets were crushed in Lithuania, Bielorussia and Ukraine and therefore the Total Exploitation wouldn't change much the result.

The attack could continue as you got far less troops in the east than most have else November should see the last offensive operation?

I haven't build any infrastructure. I was hoping my small army would not require that. I am sending only limited number of troop east and south now. There should be no much resistance anymore.

If you cannot win during the autumn, then maybe it would be easier to withdraw back to the old borders, then do the same encircling-fun on the smaller front.

Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Fourteenth and Fifteenth Weeks

On 5 October 1941, the Battle of Yahotyn was won and on 8 October the last pocket was reduced in Kremenchuk.

411012Battles.jpg

Reconnaissance division took Arhangelsk. Further divisions approached Murmansk Stalingrad and Batumi. The battles of Stalingrad and Murmansk commenced.

Due to the increased supply problems two armoured armies were transferred west.

411012SU.jpg

Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Sixteenth and Seventeenth Weeks

On 15 October 1941, following intensive fighting German mechanised divisions entered Murmansk. Unfortunately the First Battle of Stalingrad didn’t go as planned and it was lost.

411024Battles.jpg

The Second Battle of Stalingrad commenced soon after arrival 3rd SS Panzerdivision. New reinforcements are coming from west and north. However, supply problems are severe.

411024Stalingrad.jpg

Advance to Baki, Groznyj and Arhangelsk is constantly interrupted due to the supply problems.

411024SU.jpg

411024SUSupply.jpg

Last edited:
If you cannot win during the autumn, then maybe it would be easier to withdraw back to the old borders, then do the same encircling-fun on the smaller front.

Germans are still slowly moving south.

Finally I stop lurking here and start posting. Great AAR :)

Anything happening on other fronts?

Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Eighteenth and Nineteenth Weeks

On 28 October 1941, the Second Battle of Stalingrad has ended. The Soviets were pushed across Volga River.

411107Battle.jpg

Following several skirmishes Astrahan was taken. Unfortunately, reconnaissance divisions in Caucasus are advancing very slowly.

411107SU.jpg

Operation Barbarossa (Unternehmen Barbarossa) – The Twentieth Wee

Caucasus was at last conquered and on 13 November 1941 the Soviet Union surrendered.

411113Victory.jpg

411113SU.jpg

411113Supply.jpg

Last edited:
So ugly borders... :D

the eastern bit does sort of look like space invaders (or am I just showing my age?)

given the supply problems to the end, I'd guess that if you'd gone for a full occupation policy then you'd have stalled short of Stalingrad-Caucasus even without any meaningful Soviet resistance?

Situation as at 1 December 1941

Allied forces are concentrated Pyrenees Mountains.

Italians are ready for invasion to Egypt.

411201Spain.jpg

411201Germany.jpg

Japan conquered China and Indochina, and is ready for further operations.

411201Japan.jpg

Last edited:
Finally I stop lurking here and start posting. Great AAR :)

Anything happening on other fronts?

Thank you GrimReaper. There is only on active front at the moment – Pyrenees. However, on 7 December 1941 I will simulate Pearl Harbour by declaring war against the USA and inviting all my allies to war. Then Italians will invade Egypt and Japan will invade Burma and Pacific Ocean. I am going to invade Spain and send 1-2 divisions to North Africa.

So ugly borders... :D

This not a beauty contest :D

the eastern bit does sort of look like space invaders (or am I just showing my age?)

given the supply problems to the end, I'd guess that if you'd gone for a full occupation policy then you'd have stalled short of Stalingrad-Caucasus even without any meaningful Soviet resistance?

Actually I had a huge supply problem at Stalingrad. You can see red spots at the city. The conquest of Caucasus was really slow too. I think you are right. A full occupation or total exploitation would have killed the advance. Even though my army is small but it is supply and fuel guzzling monster.