• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

contentand

Recruit
Mar 17, 2020
When I look at the description of my Party Leader's children, I can see text:
"null_family Secunda" "She was a member of the Nobody null_family Family"
All his children have a similar family "description". All of them are deceased.

The description of the Party Leader himself contains no info as regards the family, thus no issues.
He is a Roman minor character.

No mods, no fiddle with save file, build 4895852

P.S. It looks like all minor characters that have children, have them dead and with null_family issue

Upvote 0
Yes, it is a known and confirmed issue:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Technically, the real Bug is the existence of these Characters.

Since 1.3 Minor charcters are not supposed to have any children at all.

But this is a good bug, without it the whole game would have been even more broken.

Technically, the real Bug is the existence of these Characters.

Since 1.3 Minor charcters are not supposed to have any children at all.

But this is a good bug, without it the whole game would have been even more broken.

Minor characters can have children and they often will, either because they’re generated together through some event or when they did not start out as minor characters. As long as at least one parent is a major character they can also procreate.
The game is able to generally handle this without “null family” showing up and this was accounted for even when the system was made.

There are however some cases where a characters family name is lost, this used to show up as simply not having a last name but was changed in 1.4 to say “null family” so that it would more easily be identified as a bug when seen.

The problem with fixing this issue is to track down when it happens and why, it’s not easy to reliably reproduce. This is why it’s been made easier to see when it happens :)

Reactions: