• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice progress in the West, but I'm more excited about the Pacific ports. The expansion through Siberia will open many interesting opportunities.

excellent updates ! ! :cool:

panther-anthro said:
Interesting AAR style!

I like to keep things simple and easy to glide over quickly

Olav said:
Nicely going! The annexation of Poland shows how well you're doing. But you got a common border with Austria now... and the look of them is disconcerting.

they aint that scary, they get hit with a series of civil wars shortly...puts a big dent in their abilities

Olaus Petrus said:
Nice progress in the West, but I'm more excited about the Pacific ports. The expansion through Siberia will open many interesting opportunities.

Ive already finished this game...dont get too excited....I really must stop playing so far ahead of the making of the AAR (in the future)

GhostWriter said:
excellent updates ! ! :cool:

thxs :)

Nov57.jpg
Nov58.jpg
Nov59.jpg
Nov60.jpg
Nov61.jpg
Nov62.jpg

Nooo, have you finished playing? Then we can't persuade you to take on the world... ;)

The Russian war machine seems unstoppable now. I'm impressed with the size of your navy - it must have taken a while to build 90 ships in Ingermanland!

One question about the nifty colonizing exploit: Isn't there a chance that the natives will destroy the colony when you retreat from it?

Mega Death: ...new cores = new focus = new wars...

equals new interest ! ! :D

excellent update ! ! :cool:

Olav:
Nooo, have you finished playing?

eh ? what did i miss ? ? :confused:

just have to wait a few days for the next update as Ive blown my monthly download/upload quota, resets soon...wife found a site where one can download the lastest movies 'free'...

Olav said:
Nooo, have you finished playing? Then we can't persuade you to take on the world... ;)

The Russian war machine seems unstoppable now. I'm impressed with the size of your navy - it must have taken a while to build 90 ships in Ingermanland!

One question about the nifty colonizing exploit: Isn't there a chance that the natives will destroy the colony when you retreat from it?

The game is over, but theres still updates coming!

The ships did take very long to build there, started ages ago when we were Novgorod.

I only retreat from the natives when establishing the very first trading post, after that there is no retreats, basically just stir the natives up everytime I want to send the next colonist...pause, attack, send colonist (unpause), win battle (only almost lost one battle, very very close)

GhostWriter said:
Mega Death: ...new cores = new focus = new wars...

equals new interest ! ! :D

excellent update ! ! :cool:

thxs :)

----------------------------------------

trying to think up a new game to play at the moment.....

Ottos - aim: The complete colonization of the Americas? and anywhere else

England - aim: Reform Europe...colonize the world....

Venice - aim: colonize the world?

England - aim: Vassalize Spain, Austria, Poland and some other Catholic and manipulate them in taking over the world? (in fact this is at the top of my list right now)

France EP mod - aim: just dominate...

got any other ideas to consider?

Last edited:
I like it. Russia dominates! :D

All of those games aound nice. I'm really partial to the Ottos, but that's just me. :p

likk9922 said:
I like it. Russia dominates! :D

All of those games aound nice. I'm really partial to the Ottos, but that's just me. :p

thxs, yes Ottos are always nice!

Olav said:
From the list I think I also vote for Otto. For another idea: what about converting Europe to Protestant with Brandenburg?

Edit: Perhaps Morocco or Granada?... take Iberia and colonize America

Hmmm another otto.....Brandenburg...Morocco...Granada? But Im a sucker for laid back games....Iberia would have to be an early priority for the Ottos also...

thxs for the suggestions, still a while before i make a decision...anyway, it took sometime, but was able to upload the next update.

Ah, Andalusia as well. You want to work your way into Europe from both sides? ;) Why didn't you take the Spanish maps? Too crowded at the capital?

Wong place, wong time...
:D The Chinese caused some problems, it seems. I guess you will show them who's the boss once you've been properly established in Siberia...

Olav said:
Ah, Andalusia as well. You want to work your way into Europe from both sides? ;) Why didn't you take the Spanish maps? Too crowded at the capital?

Aye, too crowded, they had the troops in Iberia, but were tad too slow to react

Olav said:
:D The Chinese caused some problems, it seems. I guess you will show them who's the boss once you've been properly established in Siberia...

That was the original plan, alas it was not completed, when I said before that the game was finished but there was updates coming...the updates will keep coming up until the completion of the game...which was not 1819 :eek:o im afraid to say.

Mega Death: ...taking out those rebel controlled provinces was not only easy, but greatly reduced any possibility of Austria's Government from collapsing.

do you automatically own those provinces, or (to obtain them) do you still have to get them in the peace treaty ? ? :D

what is the advantage in preventing the Austrian Government from collapsing ? ?

splendid updates ! ! :cool:

Wow, nicely done!

Use that internal turmoil to your advantage! That's how you do it! :D