• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can make characters for places or times we do not have any research on, work on buildings, work on the alternate start/random world, and work on societies.

I can make characters for places or times we do not have any research on, work on buildings, work on the alternate start/random world, and work on societies.

We research deeply when we add characters, so please share your ideas about buildings, alternative start or societies (currently, we don't have our focus on these areas).

What is your current focus, if I may ask?

- expanding scenarios back to the Onin War and beyond.
- more internal struggles (against the too powerful shogun)
- tea master socieites
- naming system
- bug, bug, bug fixes
- and others

Any recommended Starting dates and/or locations? I'm new to this mod and I'd like to give it a try, Kinda want to try to make a Christian Japan, any advice?

Otomo around 1570-1580 is Christian. :)
Also, there are some events about Christian missionaries after 1530-1540.

Last edited:
Alright, but how much time would I have to play when starting in those periods? Also, I'd like to what is a good place is for beginners to start? Like what's an easy start so I can get a feel of what I should do and so I don't get destroyed by my neighbors, I also kinda need to get used to the speed of it.

Alright, but how much time would I have to play when starting in those periods? Also, I'd like to what is a good place is for beginners to start? Like what's an easy start so I can get a feel of what I should do and so I don't get destroyed by my neighbors, I also kinda need to get used to the speed of it.

If you don't want to fail, just choose a big clan. F.e. Ouchi, Otomo or Shimazu. The latter one is rather weak around 1500, but they were historically the governor of 3 provinces, so the expansion is quite easy.
This mod doesn't change the system of vanilla so drastically and not so punitive as HIP or CK2+. Don't worry. :)

If you don't want to fail, just choose a big clan. F.e. Ouchi, Otomo or Shimazu. The latter one is rather weak around 1500, but they were historically the governor of 3 provinces, so the expansion is quite easy.
This mod doesn't change the system of vanilla so drastically and not so punitive as HIP or CK2+. Don't worry. :)
Alright, Thanks for the help!

Ver.0.8.8 is released. This will be the last update before the next patch.

### Ver.0.8.8 ###
## Improvements ##
- added an unique naming system in which male characters get their child and adult name separately.
- Compatiblity with Sunset Invasion.
- Imperial families can become normal aristocrats.
- Further Spanish localization.
- improved historical data.

## Fixes ##
- No cultures in some provinces by shettered worlds are gone.
- fixed some localization and strings.

Can I get a download link for the latest version? :)

Any ETA on this fine mod being compatible with 3.1? Like building Osaka or Azuchi Castle, or holding Enryakuji? :)

Great Works hold so much potential in this setting.

Any ETA on this fine mod being compatible with 3.1? Like building Osaka or Azuchi Castle, or holding Enryakuji? :)

Great Works hold so much potential in this setting.
I submitted the 3.1 compatible version to chatnoir but He seems busy so I do not know when it comes to steam.
So, I uploaded to the loader.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5336b3tmovy5hnv/nmih_3.1.zip/file

I didn't add a special Great Works in this time, however I have some idea.
For example, Kofun(Great Tomb of ancient Emperor), Taisha(Great Shrine, Ise and Izumo etc), Daibutsu(Big statue of Buddha, Nara and Kamakura), Imperial city(Heian-kyo), and Golden temple(Kinkaku-ji and Chuson-ji) etc.
Great castle like a Azuchi and Osaka is also be good.
But those most problem is the graphics. Collecting 5 free graphics per 1 work is a daunting task.

Hey guys! Really, really sorry if this has been said in another post, Im just new to forum and dont know how to search words inside a thread. Is there any way to flip the camera so Japan is more "horizontal"? Or is it just my game bugging, because the map is flipped.
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! Really, really sorry if this has been said in another post, Im just new to forum and dont know how to search words inside a thread. Is there any way to flip the camera so Japan is more "horizontal"? Or is it just my game bugging, because the map is flipped.
Thanks in advance!
When you turn the scroll wheel, it will be a little horizontal.
If that doesn't happen, give it a try without the mod.
If that doesn't happen yet, I would like you to report it to the Bug Report Forum.

I submitted the 3.1 compatible version to chatnoir but He seems busy so I do not know when it comes to steam.
So, I uploaded to the loader.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5336b3tmovy5hnv/nmih_3.1.zip/file

I didn't add a special Great Works in this time, however I have some idea.
For example, Kofun(Great Tomb of ancient Emperor), Taisha(Great Shrine, Ise and Izumo etc), Daibutsu(Big statue of Buddha, Nara and Kamakura), Imperial city(Heian-kyo), and Golden temple(Kinkaku-ji and Chuson-ji) etc.
Great castle like a Azuchi and Osaka is also be good.
But those most problem is the graphics. Collecting 5 free graphics per 1 work is a daunting task.

Thank you. I'd humbly be happy to help on this. :)

What starting game rules settings would you recommend? It seems the rules have not been customized yet for NMIH, so it is a bit confusing.

Thank you. I'd humbly be happy to help on this. :)

What starting game rules settings would you recommend? It seems the rules have not been customized yet for NMIH, so it is a bit confusing.
The game rules closely related to NMIH are Gender law, Diseases, Invasions and "Regency of adulthood" rules.

This mod added Adoption and Cadet branch system and banned maternal inheritance.
This is good for reproducing historical Japan, but depending on enatic gender law, I think that the game will be very difficult.

In this mod, most epidemics are removed. So some disease rules don't mean.

And, It may be better to turn off "Invasion" rules.
because this mod has replaced all provinces, so events may not move properly and may crash, especially "Chinese Invasion".
Instead, "Sunset Invasion" is modded for NMIH and Aztec army comes from the east.

At the bottom, there are "Regency of adulthood". It is NMIH own game rule.
If rule is on, Even if healthy adult, weak ruler is attached a Regent.
This is to reproduce the Puppet ruler like Ashikaga Shoguns, when the holding county title is only 1(shogun is 2 or less) and the most powerful vassal has more than 50% of liege's power, the most powerful vassal can become Regent.
In NMIH, Regent can some decisions and actions things. for example, mobilize liege's army, manage a marriage of liege, and declare war as liege's name.