• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have many of the HC are still active anyways?

Twoflower
doktarr
Mad King James
ribbon22
Garbon
Sun_Zi_36
Norrefeldt
dharper
YodaMaster
Fodoron

szmik said:
well,
1. Garbon is not paid for what he's doing... or any other modder for that matter
2. there're now 3 different maps with AGCEEP on them, albeit different versions, so you can't really complain. Not to mention A4K or WatKABAoI for greater variety.
3. someone could update MyMap version of AGCEEP to recent release with no problem, but it would take some time... I don't see any volunteers, so why are you whinning about new map not released yet?
4. if you're tired of waiting then do something yourself :rolleyes: like new map :D
5. if the fanbase extincted before new map arrival who would care? :p
6. I was tired of waiting long time ago and I actually did something about it (like porting AGCEEP onto Watk map all by myself). Now I have the comfort of not caring if the map is ever released. :)
This is mildy insulting in that it seems that this has become such a sensitive issue that one cannot even ask a single (constructive) question without being accused of whining, and now I regret voicing/offering any help at all since this seems to be the reaction. I'll respond to each of your points.

1. Yes. This is obvious. Hence the question, "is there anything we can do to help?"
2. I'm aware, thank you. Now be aware that I was asking about the unreleased AGCEEP map and not MyMap or WatK.
3. I don't believe MyMap and AGCEEP fit so nicely with one another, so I don't volunteer in that project. MyMap too often seems to produce these outlandish/outrageous results that would otherwise never occur in Vanilla, and hopefully won't happen in the ACGEEP map either. Regardless, I'm interested in the AGCEEP map so this is rather irrelevent.
4. Um... Yes. This is why I asked my question... Which you called "whining".
5. Huh?
6. We're after different things in our games then. Please respect that.

And furthermore, please refrain from being a jerk when someone tries to ask a question, just because you can. :(

ThanatosHelen said:
And furthermore, please refrain from being a jerk when someone tries to ask a question, just because you can. :(

I am sorry, my post is just below yours, but it wasn't meant as the answer to it, just general remarks to whinners. And I don't count you as such. :)

Jayavarman said:
Have many of the HC are still active anyways?

Twoflower
doktarr
Mad King James
ribbon22
Garbon
Sun_Zi_36
Norrefeldt
dharper
YodaMaster
Fodoron
Arguably, we could clean up this list a little bit. Garbon and I are the active ones and Norrefeldt is in charge of the installers.

Nicophorus said:
Except my opinions, and I'll give them whenever I please.

(oh, and those are free at no charge too ;) )

What do you hope to achieve by being an ass though? You think your unreasonably negative comments will make them work faster?

And if you insist on comparing a huge mod that has taken the creators countless of hours to create for you and everyone else who wants to to enjoy them completely free of charge with your opinions - then at least be as kind as the AGCEEP and put your work in a zip file and upload it for voluntary download so that people can have a choice whether or not to be exposed to it.

Hive said:
What do you hope to achieve by being an ass though? You think your unreasonably negative comments will make them work faster?

And if you insist on comparing a huge mod that has taken the creators countless of hours to create for you and everyone else who wants to to enjoy them completely free of charge with your opinions - then at least be as kind as the AGCEEP and put your work in a zip file and upload it for voluntary download so that people can have a choice whether or not to be exposed to it.

I think we usually rar these days. :p

At least my posts where ON TOPIC of this thread (discussing the development of this mod as it relates to choice of maps and HC desisions).

Now the posts that are complaining about my posts.... those are totaly off topic and should be deleted.

So how about we keep the discusion about AGCEEP and not about if you like or dont like my opinions and posts about the subject of this thread?

Please read the link by Yoda again for clarification and rules about staying on topic. thanks. :cool:

Some heated debate here.

YodaMaster and Garbon continue to provide a wonderful service to the AGCEEP community and are to be heartily thanked.

That said, it would reduce a lot of people's stress if Garbon would be so kind as to post a regular update on progress on the map. It would help his fans see that work is ongoing. Garbon knows it is, but for the rest of us its very hard to tell.

It would also be really appreciated if Garbon might provide a rough estimate of when the map will become available.

Regards,

Matty

MattyG said:
Some heated debate here.

YodaMaster and Garbon continue to provide a wonderful service to the AGCEEP community and are to be heartily thanked.

That said, it would reduce a lot of people's stress if Garbon would be so kind as to post a regular update on progress on the map. It would help his fans see that work is ongoing. Garbon knows it is, but for the rest of us its very hard to tell.

It would also be really appreciated if Garbon might provide a rough estimate of when the map will become available.

Regards,

Matty
I fully agree. I thought of posting something like this myself, but I think it's better that one of the older members said it first. :)

MattyG said:
Some heated debate here.

Regards,

Matty

I fully agree.

Progress reports, and longwinded defences of your mapmaking choices, are actually what slowed me down the most in making my map, though arguably was what made MyMap good in the end, as I had to really be able to justify my decisions.

That said I felt like killing some of the people who participated in said longwinded assaults that I had to defend myself from, and I don't blame Garbon from being secretive at all.

To be honest, the EU2 community can be a bunch of pricks, so I don't blame Garbon for not exposing himself to the abuse strangely associated with making maps. Ironically his choice to avoid time-wasting debates and avoid the slings and arrows of abuse have garnered him time-wasting debates and slings and arrows of abuse.

You can't win I guess.

Mad King James said:
Progress reports, and longwinded defences of your mapmaking choices, are actually what slowed me down the most in making my map, though arguably was what made MyMap good in the end, as I had to really be able to justify my decisions.

That said I felt like killing some of the people who participated in said longwinded assaults that I had to defend myself from, and I don't blame Garbon from being secretive at all.

To be honest, the EU2 community can be a bunch of pricks, so I don't blame Garbon for not exposing himself to the abuse strangely associated with making maps. Ironically his choice to avoid time-wasting debates and avoid the slings and arrows of abuse have garnered him time-wasting debates and slings and arrows of abuse.

You can't win I guess.

he could not get into these details, fans dont need debates they need to know they wont wait more years, they need to know what's been done and what's left to do and most important an approximate date of release .

Last edited:
sitting on the fence with this,

IMO an update of the maps in the forum which still has " last updated in 2006 " would appease my appetite :D

Can everyone please return to civility, and keep on topic, and refrain from junior modding.

We will all also keep in mind from here on that these modifications are produced out of our mutual love of the game, and out of the goodness of the volunteers' hearts. Asking for updates is fine, virtually demanding them and getting upset when they do not occur is not. People have lives outside the forum.

Thank you for understanding and taking down the temperature in this thread from here on. If that does not occur, there will be consequences. Thank you.