• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How the fuck are you going to vote down intergrating the already-complete mymap IN 200 FUCKING 5 and then spend the next THREE FUCKING YEARS sitting on your lazy incompetent asses regurgitating tepid excuses about the TOTATLLY AWESOME AND COMPLETELY REAL NEW MAP YOU'VE BEEN WORKING ON WHICH DEFINENTLY EXISTS FOR REALISES BUT WE CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR IT IS A TOP SECRET YOU SEE NATIONAL SECURITY YOU UNDERSTAND

the last version of mymap to come out integrated with the 2006 version of agceep is still more fun to play than the current version of agceep with the shitty paradox map

fuck you for making us wait for three years because you cant admit you're in over your heads, fuck you for being assburgers about etas and updates, stuff your high council up your fat asses and either put out a version of agceep with whatever you have for your new map or integrate the newest agceep with the last version of mymap

How the fuck are you going to vote down intergrating the already-complete mymap IN 200 FUCKING 5 and then spend the next THREE FUCKING YEARS sitting on your lazy incompetent asses regurgitating tepid excuses about the TOTATLLY AWESOME AND COMPLETELY REAL NEW MAP YOU'VE BEEN WORKING ON WHICH DEFINENTLY EXISTS FOR REALISES BUT WE CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT IT FOR IT IS A TOP SECRET YOU SEE NATIONAL SECURITY YOU UNDERSTAND

the last version of mymap to come out integrated with the 2006 version of agceep is still more fun to play than the current version of agceep with the shitty paradox map

fuck you for making us wait for three years because you cant admit you're in over your heads, fuck you for being assburgers about etas and updates, stuff your high council up your fat asses and either put out a version of agceep with whatever you have for your new map or integrate the newest agceep with the last version of mymap

The poster seems genuinely angry.

Wow. Maybe you should pay attention. I mean, what are the chances that there would be two people with the same exact screenname, who feel the same exact way about this? There must be millions more angry liberal users of the "F" word where he came from.

As for his complaint, all I can say is that as a player, I'm one of the few that actually prefer the original Paradox map, and I like being able to play the AGCEEP with that. Mymap is just a little busy for me.

That being said, I don't really know too much about what the new map entails, though I've seen pictures of what's planned. So, I'll wait until its out and I've played it, before I come up with an opinion as to what I think there...

Brian Roastbeef said:
Wow. Maybe you should pay attention. I mean, what are the chances that there would be two people with the same exact screenname, who feel the same exact way about this? There must be millions more angry liberal users of the "F" word where he came from.

As for his complaint, all I can say is that as a player, I'm one of the few that actually prefer the original Paradox map, and I like being able to play the AGCEEP with that. Mymap is just a little busy for me.

That being said, I don't really know too much about what the new map entails, though I've seen pictures of what's planned. So, I'll wait until its out and I've played it, before I come up with an opinion as to what I think there...

I was testing the balkans area for 8 months ( my map) and I agree to a point with you.
my recommendations where to lower the province numbers.
IMO somewhere between AGCEEP map numbers and mymap map numbers is the ideal number of provinces ( except for some vital areas ).

other issues are, it will take longer for current "super" powers to get to the same distance on mymap than AGCEEP and the sea zones where horrendous is navigating, defending and exploring.

A idea of what % is completed or issues that are holding it up would most likely calm down these players who have been waiting for SO long

agceep claims to be egalitarian but access to information about this new map is apparently available only on a highly privileged basis. we can't even know for certain if this new map exists. how can we be sure we won't still be getting the same sort of thin, anemic "updates" the high council has grudgingly seen fit to sporadically release in 2010?

mymap was the right choice three years ago and after three years of failure and bad faith from the high council it is the right choice again. release what you have or release a mymap integrated version and fix problems with it as they come up.

Garbon said:
The High Council has taken a vote and its been decided that we will not be adopting MyMap as a new map for the AGCEEP at this time. Instead, the High Council will work off-site to construct a new map that will be based heavily on the existing work present in MyMap.

Garbon said:
The High Council has taken a vote and its been decided that we will not be adopting MyMap as a new map for the AGCEEP at this time. Instead, the High Council will work off-site to construct a new map that will be based heavily on the existing work present in MyMap.

Garbon said:

the high council screwed up three years ago and the high council has continued to screw up for three straight years and the high council is only making their ridiculous mistake worse by prolonging this debacle.

release what you have or begin to correct your massive mistake by ending this farce and integrating the already complete mymap

I don't understand what exactly the AGCEEP High Council is supposed to "release" now as far as the map project is concerned. A partially finished map isn't like creating some new flavor events for Asian countries or tweaking Spain's aggressiveness or something. Gameplay isn't exactly going to work on half a map...

Personally, I'm just amazed at the idea that people still dedicate themselves, without pay, toward improving a game that is a good seven years old and already has a newer sequel. Besides, it isn't like they've been putting everything on hold for this. We're still getting regular 1.xx updates, and have been since 2005 or whenever libertinessj thinks they erred. I think 1.56 is being beta tested now.

Garbon said:
Instead, I think it'll be released when it's ready.

I like that, Garbon. I think your best answer to this guy is to apply Johan's famous policy toward game patches to the AGCEEP. ;)

libertinessj said:
the high council screwed up three years ago and the high council has continued to screw up for three straight years and the high council is only making their ridiculous mistake worse by prolonging this debacle.

release what you have or begin to correct your massive mistake by ending this farce and integrating the already complete mymap

You don't NEED the high council.

If releasing a fully-integrated AGCEEP on MyMap is so easy, then just do it yourself. Seriously, that's the whole point with all these modding tools Johan gave us, its so we don't have to wait for someone else to do something or be forced to play someone else's mod. Put your time where your mouth is, make the mod you want and quit kvetching about what someone else is or isn't doing to your satisfaction. ;)