Note of worry about Eastern Europe

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stanislaviv

Private
Nov 2, 2021
Reviewing the news related to the development of the Victoria game, I came across a series of pictures
Безіменний.png

Here we can see interesting thing - Free Territory, but the picture tells us about another disturbing thing.

free.png

The inner borders in the Russian Empire remained the same as in Victoria 2?
Of course, the material that I found is of dubious origin and regions in Russia can be still WiP
Historical boundaries of regions are good for immersion. You can use Russian governorships map
I can plot all governorships on a map of type that Victoria has for clarity. Just give a sign that you are interested in this topic
I'm sure making a great map is possible and will make the community very happy!
I wish the pdx team a fair wind and will closely follow the upcoming news.

• 9Like
Reactions:
What exactly is wrong with Victoria 2's Russian provinces? They more or less followed the Russian governorships map, it only split them in more pieces. Also I don't think many people have the map of the imperial Russian governorships in mind to lose immersion when looking at the map.

Reactions:
Since it's not clear what circumstances lead to the independence of the Free Territory its hard to judge, IMO.

The old region system from Vicky 2 is gone. Now there are Strategic Regions, which are much larger, and then State regions, which are much smaller. I don't think we've seen a State Region map for Russia yet, but you can find the Strategic Regions in Dev Diary 19.

1635896938253.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
What exactly is wrong with Victoria 2's Russian provinces? They more or less followed the Russian governorships map, it only split them in more pieces. Also I don't think many people have the map of the imperial Russian governorships in mind to lose immersion when looking at the map.

Not really. Ukraine and Belarus completely repeat the borders of our time.
Also Syberia
Have this reggions some orderliness?
1635897075733.png

Since it's not clear what circumstances lead to the independence of the Free Territory its hard to judge, IMO.

The old region system from Vicky 2 is gone. Now there are Strategic Regions, which are much larger, and then State regions, which are much smaller. I don't think we've seen a State Region map for Russia yet, but you can find the Strategic Regions in Dev Diary 19.

View attachment 770205
1635897256379.png

Starodub region is not part of Chernigov, this is clear
This is not some ukrainian irredentism issue
In the south i would like to see less of Donbass in favor of Don
1635897380704.png

• 8Like
Reactions:
View attachment 770209

Starodub region is not part of Chernigov, this is clear
This is not some ukrainian irredentism issue
In the south i would like to see less of Donbass in favor of Don
View attachment 770210
Strategic regions aren't supposed to represent administrative borders. State regions are, and again we don't know what they look like in Russia yet.

Reactions:
Strategic regions aren't supposed to represent administrative borders. State regions are, and again we don't know what they look like in Russia yet.

Well, that's why I called the post a "note", because a picture with a Free Territory and strategic regions is all we have and they cannot answer all the questions.
But comparing the small details on this map, I'm almost sure that the developers just took their old designs from the vic2.

Why is it, every Vicy3 thread I open on this forum lately is just filled with pictures of maps??
Cause most people on here care (a lot) above average about maps, and there has been very limited to no definitive input from pds leaving every room to sidetracks.

I'm surprised the map-specific threats aren't an even larger part of the forum, actually :)

Reactions:
>asks why there is so much pictures of maps
>literally in paradox forums

who the hell are you and what are you doing here?

Obviously you've not seen the threads where one guy posts maps with no context that don't support what he is arguing in any way.

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
There will undoubtedly be a lot of shortcuts when it comes to geographical and administrative regions at release, but I expect those to be improved through DLCs (as seems to be the way EU4 and CK2/3 deal with these kinds of issues).

• 1Like
Reactions: