Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I might as well...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

draconuszero

Recruit
55 Badges
Apr 26, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I won a copy of King Arthur II from a giveaway, but I noticed that it said in the upper-left corner Beta Testing Build and on the lower-right it said v1.0.05. I got suspicious about this, and when I checked the info in the game properties -> DLC it said that is was "King Arthur 2 Base_Test." If it possible, would there be any way to get the actual retail version of the game or is this the current version of it? See the attached screenshots as proof.

Edit: Hmm, I just remembered now that that I actually did not win it, but got it from Green Man Gaming as part of their sale. After looking through the forums here, I noticed that someone posted more or less the same thing as here with regards to their GMG copy. I'll try e-mailing Neocore to see if there is any way to get it resolved.

Attachments

• King Arthur.JPG
    King Arthur.JPG
    30,6 KB · Views: 80
  • Steam Store page KA.JPG
    Steam Store page KA.JPG
    140,6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
i got the same problem and contacting GMG they admitted their mistake and told me they will try to fix this although they do not know if it will be possible for the key to be removed from Steam...i would like the publishers to take some form of action if possible and if there is nothing that it can be done i will ask for a refund.

On Monday , I recieved an e-mail from them saying " The official King Arthur II support email is support@kingarthurthewargame.com, handled by the game's publisher, Paradox Interactive. I'm sure they'll find a way to solve this situation, so please keep this conversation going with them." I sent them an e-mail on Tuesday but it looks like the status of it is at "This request is awaiting assignment to a support agent." I was expecting a faster process, but I will wait a few days before I assume nothing is going to happen on that front.

stallion74, Did you happen to get a fixed key from GMG? If you did, I might just send them a support ticket as well.

I hate to post twice in a row, but I figured I should post what has happened since my last one. I have yet to see any status change for my support ticket after sending an e-mail to support@kingarthurthewargame.com (which forwarded to the Paradox Support Zendesk page). It has been over two weeks since I sent it, and it is still at "This request is awaiting assignment to a support agent." Green Man Gaming said they were unable to resolve the issue on their end, so they gave me a refund. Seeing that Paradox is more than likely not going to resolve the problem as it has been over two weeks, at the least I can say that I only wasted time, and not money with the game. Based on the limited amount of time I played it, it did have potential. Unfortunately I will not actually play the game as it should have been played. For those who might be interested in getting the game, do not get it from GMG. It might be a better bet to get it from other stores.

Quick edit on 10/04: Paradox finally reviewed the ticket, and they have been very busy with working on a lot of tickets. They did give me a working retail key, so it was worth the wait. Sorry if I had sounded negative, but at least the cd key issue has been resolved.

Last edited: