• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 26, 2000
perso.club-internet.fr
Just a view of my Kingdom as France in GC ...

What do you think about it ? :)

France_1745.jpg

------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just some details

GC, Very Hard, Furious

VP :
12052 - France
3597 - Spain
1839 - England
1721 - Turkey
1446 - Portugal
1416 - China
1174 - Russia

Current armies : 1 441 366 Inf / 17504 Cav / 235 Can

Current fleet : 235 navies

------------------

WOW!

what difficulty level did you play?
why dont you write an aar about how yo did conquer the whole world ;)?

pcongre da pole
ps:whens da games gonna be released? please,i just gotta play this game.....[whining]

Et vive la France !

really impressive, unbelievable; :eek:
Seriously how did you manage such an achievement.
Maybe not an AAR but at least tell us your strategy and the major events that occured.

Crusader

Originally posted by pierre:
hahaha

excellent !!

Now we see what an expert beta tester will do to other players in multiplayer games !

Fear the might of JP !!!

Félicitations !

Pierre

Well, i'm going to suggest any kind of handicaps for beta testers in multiplayers game ( starting tech at -10 or no play before 20 years, something like that) ;)
It's really amazing.

Félicitations, oui, mais c'est effrayant et fascinant. (scaring and fascinating)

Crusader

I personnally never finished a full game.
There was each time a new patch to test etc... I don't know if I can do as good as him.
But JP control of the world is impressive though.

I suppose the fact we didn't get any new patch since august 21 gave him time to almost finish the game. :)

Pierre

[This message has been edited by pierre (edited 24-10-2000).]

Yep, i think that being a betatester will give you experience and a greater understanding of the game mechanics. But i look forward to learn from you and other betatesters in multiplayer games. :)

Kind regards

1492-1745 : 253 years of permanent warfare, no? Or did you use the revolts of your ennemies to annex quickly huge amount of land?

Damned, I'll have to post my Ottoman empire as a counterweight ! ! :D

Seeing something like that really kills my enthusiasm for the game. That's so unrealistic. Why did you make another game that is so easy? I am so sick of conquering the world the 3rd time I play a game. I want a game that is realistic.

rofl Vurbil..

Well, it does help having played the game a LOT for over ten months as JP, and then playing France or Turkey.. :)

/Johan

Exact Johan.

That is 10 months now that I test EU and I know 'rather well' what it is necessary to do and not to do to win.

Now the reading of a map does not say which difficulty there is to arrive to such a result nor time that I spent (imagine at the average speed of 1 min = 2 months).

And I like games where it is possible to win ! :)

------------------

Originally posted by Johan:
Well, it does help having played the game a LOT for over ten months as JP, and then playing France or Turkey.. :)

And having no human enemies, I guess. The AI will never be perfect. One simple thing it won't ever know is knowledge about the (human) enemy - strenght, prefered tactics etc. It might learn something along the course of the game but that's all (unless it's programmed to recognize players and they don't cheat by giving themselves new names each time they play the game).

Anyway, by showing us his Empire any multiplayer game in which JP participates the other human players will probably be very cautious about JP. Whether or not he will be able to talk them into leaving him alone is another matter... :)

kdp

If you play with aggressive AI, a challenging difficulty level and don't reload when something goes wrong, any country will give you a good challenge. Or you can try playing a minor power like Bavaria or the Ukraine.

However, this case does highlight one important flaw in the AI: when superpowers emerge, you are unlikely to see an effective counter-alliance form. I haven't played a lot of games yet, but it's clear that the diplomatic model isn't nimble enough to deal with a hegemon. Generally, the games stay well balanced, though. It's a real tribute to the programers and beta testers that no power either becomes dominant or falls apart in every game.

Actually, I hope the AI programer will say a few words about how the model works. EU is a quantum leap for strategy gaming!

Originally posted by Vurbil:
Seeing something like that really kills my enthusiasm for the game. That's so unrealistic. Why did you make another game that is so easy? I am so sick of conquering the world the 3rd time I play a game. I want a game that is realistic.

I must agree with Vurbil , if you can do this on 'very hard' level , even with france , either you're very lucky or something is very wrong.
But I guess that you always can play a minor power, and perhaps some good patches will sharpen the AI up.
And EU is still best thing coming since ImpII.

My strategy to conquer the world.

Here are in a few words the strategy which I adopted to extend my sovereignty over Europe and across the seas from America to Indochina.

All my efforts of search were only concentrated on land technology, which enabled to have the best and the most advanced army.

1°. I started by vassalizing the nations with which I had the best relationship : Scotland, Savoy, Lorraine. Then I annexed Savoy and Lorraine diplomatically. No Scotland because I have no common borders.

2°. I concentrated my efforts of war against Spain.

3°. I took guard not to annex the Dutch territories under Spanish control in order to not have to recruit unceasingly new troops to repress the revolts.
What allowed me two things:
a) I could concentrate my efforts elsewhere in Europe.
b) Spain mobilized many troops and gold to preserve control of Holland.

4°. While Spain weakened, I conquered and annexed all the minor nations in Italy and Germany diplomatically (Tuscany for example) or militarily (all others :) ).

5°. Did an alliance with Turkey enable me to DoW upon Venice and after some maritime expeditions in the Mediterranean Sea to conquer Cyprus, Crete and Rhodes.

6°. Each time that a war was declared against a minor nation, I accepted peace only by annexing this nation to my kingdom. Only exception, Prussia and Austria which I annexed in two wars.

7°. After having annexed the whole of Central Europe, that was a play of child to conquer Denmark (with an expedition in Iceland) and Sweden.

8°. I did not forget the old enemy of France: England ! :mad:
I had with the favor of a war put a first foot in England from the beginning of the 16th century by annexing Kent. Thanks to this head of bridge and an annexation (military) rather fast of Scotland I could carry out the war to London and Dublin.

9°. The wars against Poland were difficult at the beginning: I even gave up Memel (which I had annexed following my fight against The Hansa) to Poland following our first war (I was then in war against Austria at the same time). But the ceaseless combat between Russia and Poland facilitated the task to me. And Poland never was able to be opposed to my expansion.

10°. I then undertook to take again the European territories under Turkish control but also to extend to the east and to destroy the Russian power.

11°. During a long time, I hesitated to extend my kingdom to the Middle East then finally my dreams (or madness) of Power and Glory pushed me to conquer the Muslim provinces (but also Lebanon).

12°. Perhaps the next stage will be China?

My policy of colonization was non-existent until 1700, I benefited to a stolen map from the Spanish maritime maps to establish a colony in Manhattan and to ensure myself at the proper time of the substantial incomes of a very rich CoT.
But also by chauvinism, I colonize in Quebec. :)

Thereafter, I developed my colonization as I did not have any more enemies in Europe.
In the same time, with my incomes, I built in every provinces of France, Italy and Holland and in other provinces manufactories (especially Fine Art Academies !)

At this stage, every 5 years, I declare war upon Turkey, Russia, Spain, or England and sometimes upon Portugal each one in his turn to extend my possessions in the new World and in the Middle East.

My big problem at this time is the ceaseless revolts which occur in the Muslim world (or in other provinces in time of war).
To counter that, I have in every Muslim provinces an army of 20 000 to 35 000 men.
And my incomes are sufficient to pay this expenditure of war. :)

PS: Just a feliciattion for The Knights which resisted to me very well on their small island!
That those which want to understand me tries to annex them :p .

------------------

[This message has been edited by JP (edited 24-10-2000).]

Originally posted by Devin:
If you play with aggressive AI, a challenging difficulty level and don't reload when something goes wrong

I must acknowledge that I have sometimes to reload some games...
1°. when I engaged stupidly in great battles which I lost. (conquest of the Rhodes island !).

2°. when Spain and Austria declared war upon me whereas I was not ready and already at war elsewhere.

3°. The first time that I tried to conquer
Crimea : I succeeded but the rebellions which I had thereafter quickly aggravated my situation and then I was not ready to give all my attention to them.

------------------