• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sauerkrautpie

Corporal
18 Badges
Jun 12, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I don't have the La Resistance pack, but I am able to choose paths for France, Portugal and Spain. Yet when I chose them nothing happened, it was like default and (I don't know if its relevant) the other nations went bit weird. Are they suppose to be here even when you don't have the DLC? Here is a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 2.19.53 PM.png

Are they suppose to be here even when you don't have the DLC?
No, in theory if Paradox cared about user-friendlyness and quality, they should not be here. But they are shown because for some reason the Custom Game Rules panel ignores all the DLC flags. It's not specific to La Resistance. For example, I don't have TfV but it shows Canada, I don't have DoD but it shows Hungary, I don't have MtG but it shows Mexico, and so on...

So even though all the options available in all DLCs are shown, only those that are valid for your specific DLC setup will work. Users can select anything and are left to wonder why it doesn't work.

Looking at the configuration file for the Custom Game Rules, we can see the AI behavior configuration is inconsistent, and would not work anyway if the Custom Game Rules panel were more restrictive.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It even gets better. If you happen to select one of the AI behavior options that is DLC-specific while you don't have the corresponding DLC, then save the Custom Game Rules as a preset, you can't load that preset back!

See:

No, in theory if Paradox cared about user-friendlyness and quality, they should not be here. But they are shown because for some reason the Custom Game Rules panel ignores all the DLC flags. It's not specific to La Resistance. For example, I don't have TfV but it shows Canada, I don't have DoD but it shows Hungary, I don't have MtG but it shows Mexico, and so on...

Well what i thought exactly at the start... I literally played France game for restore the monarchy, i thought it came with the vanilla update :oops: Thanks for the answer.