Not fair to give a hotfix to steam users and leave other PC platforms out.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alunny

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
Aug 4, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
If you've got a fix why can't we get it on the other platforms you're selling on? This feels like a punishment and it's not fair to ignore GOG users for no reason. I just want to play and enjoy the new DLC :(.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you've got a fix why can't we get it on the other platforms you're selling on? This feels like a punishment and it's not fair to ignore GOG users for no reason. I just want to play and enjoy the new DLC :(.
We are not trying to punish other platforms. All other platforms will get that hotfix next week!

It sure feels like a punishment when you have a fix for PC and are making PC users not on Steam wait a week for that fix. We already can't interact on steam, upload our mods there, or download mods from there without resorting to outside mod downloaders which can be risky. Now we have to wait a whole week.....why? Why does GOG have to wait a week for the fix Steam got? :(

I believe the reason why it takes longer is that platforms such as PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and essentially any other platform that isn't steam, need to have the update/hotfix actually verified by that store/platform, (So companies such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and in your case, those that run the GOG store) before the players are able to download it and start playing.

Steam allows the developers to directly, and somewhat simultaneously push out a hotfix/bug fix/update when they need to, since it doesn't need to be verified and as such does not take any additional time to give that update to players. Steam allows the developer to sort of "bypass" the third-partys, mentioned above.

Reactions:
We are not trying to punish other platforms. All other platforms will get that hotfix next week!

Could we possibly get an update on the ETA considering the week is almost over? I've been holding off playing until the Hotfix is available on GOG and I miss the game.

I second this. Gamepass user here. @Fifnaril, You only have a few more hours of "next week". It's crazy to me that you have the fix, you just won't push it to non Steam platforms.

Reactions:
It's been over a week you guys, Steam got theirs on the 18th June it's the 26th now. To be frank I'm really disappointed. You can't release an update that breaks everyone's game and then make them wait over a week because they aren't on steam. You chose to sell it on these other platforms so please update it and maintain it on those platforms :(.

Last edited: