• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23356)

Sergeant
Dec 11, 2003
Austria and the Slesvig Question

I think that the Slesvig Question should be changed for Austria.
The reason is quite simple:
With action a you help the Prussians and dow the Danish.
Event +10 prestige, DOW -50 Prestige. That's -40 prestige.

With action b you back down and get -50 prestige total.

So with either action a) and b) you're the looser. Austria-Hungary has only very few prestige points in the beginning, but thanks to this event, you sometimes even get into the negative. I think this isn't intended.
When you decide to dow Denmark, this is usually only formally and you never really take any measures against them. Because of this, the war usually ends with a white peace and you have the loss of 40 prestige.
If you decide to compensate your loss, you send some troops to Denmark, occupy what is left after the prussian victory and get Iceland, Gothab and the danish provinces on the continent.

As an Austria-Hungary player I'm not very satisfied with this event :rolleyes:
It's either a big prestige loss or an unhistorical outcome.

Greetings,
Lago

My temp. fix:
Victoria\db\events\austria.txt
search for Slesvig, change the prestige from 10 to 60, now you correctly gain +10 prestige.

no problem at all

This event normally boosts Austrias prestige, because Schleswig and Denmark are totally helpless. Before Prussian AI gets there, You normally conquered Schleswig and are half through Denmark.