• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thaars

Sergeant
56 Badges
Apr 23, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
Norway seemed abit fishy in CK, The capitol was placed in Oslo, Bergen was a bishopry and Trondheim was a duchy.

After a quick look on wikipedia and other places, i think this would be more correct:

Trondheim was considered Norways capitol until 1217, when Bergen took over as the main city.

King Harald did extend Oslo after taking the region from the daneking, but did not as far as i can see consider it the capitol.

When Harald went to England, he made his son Magnus II regent. His other son, Magnus's brother Olaf was traveling with Harald, and returned to Norway in 1067.

The best solution would be to make Trondheim and eastern Norway, a personal demesne of the king. With Trondheim/Nidaros the capitol

Bergen is more tricky. I see no proof of a bishopry in 1066 but i dont see a county/duchy either. Inputs are welcome :)

If regents are in the game, Magnus II should be regent. Olaf and magnus did share the crown, but that was later, in 1067.

Wasn't the county with your shield the richest county with your culture or somesuch?

Richest Province in your Demesne that belongs to your main title, has your Culture and Religion. It helped with Cultural Conversions and also, since it was the richest, it tended to allow you to build those top-level buildings (University/Cathedral/Palace/etc) which (if I'm not mistaken) also influenced events in your Court and your children's education.

Richest Province in your Demesne that belongs to your main title, has your Culture and Religion. It helped with Cultural Conversions and also, since it was the richest, it tended to allow you to build those top-level buildings (University/Cathedral/Palace/etc) which (if I'm not mistaken) also influenced events in your Court and your children's education.

Yeah, the main importance of which county was your capital was that the buildings present there influenced the education of chilren in your court.

The capital was the province in which your shield was represented, it being your primary title etc. etc.

However they were unimportant and served little to no gameplay purpose.

Advances would only appear in your capital, and then spread outward. That's a gameplay purpose, I'd say. :cool:

thieves guild would in your capitol would increase assassination success by 50%, so I guess that is also important?

didn't know about those buildings influencing your children's education though..