• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chicken Spadge

Major
31 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
On the Vanilla 1419 start a number of North German states have the stability bar up almost up to the maximum. When stability drops it rises again at the end of the month as you might expect, but the bar remains at the maximum ready for another super-fast stability regain next time. I checked 1.2 and the same thing was happening. Is it supposed to be like that?

I'd never tried playing one of these states before so I hadn't noticed this.

Upvote 0
I think you're supposed to manually lower the stability bar when you reach full stability. Actually, I'm not sure whether monthly investments in stability at full stability get wasted or end up in the treasury.

I was actually talking about the green bar, not the slider. Here's a couple of screenshots:

So, here we have stability at 2 at the end of January, with the green bar close to the end. Then at the beginning of February stability goes up to 3, but the green bar is still right up to the end in exactly the same place. Is this a bug, or is the stability gain so big for these German states? I would normally expect the green bar to fall back when stability increases.

That's because they have a little stability invested, which with the extremely low costs of OPMs is enough to pay for a few rounds, it should stop happening after 3 or so.