• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(28295)

Private
Apr 25, 2004
I tried running the nordic modification to EU1 which was working perfectly untill then, but when I afterward tried to start the game I got a error message saying there was not acces to the CD-rom. Any idaes what to do about this?

You should only use the patch made for your releas of the game - all patches are identical, but adapted for different distributers.

edit: And thus also adapted for different copy-protection schemes, and Scandinavian publisher uses 'Disk in Drive' as a protective measure.

Last edited:
Nikolai II said:
You should only use the patch made for your releas of the game - all patches are identical, but adapted for different distributers.

edit: And thus also adapted for different copy-protection schemes, and Scandinavian publisher uses 'Disk in Drive' as a protective measure.

When I uses the english version of the 1.10 patch, the game just demands the cd for starting, but when using the nordic version it goes bad, I really like to play Denmark so I hate not having the nordic upgrade.

Kaza said:
When I uses the english version of the 1.10 patch, the game just demands the cd for starting, but when using the nordic version it goes bad, I really like to play Denmark so I hate not having the nordic upgrade.

What? Are you saying that you downloaded the 1.10 scandinavian patch so that you could play Denmark?

:rofl:

It doesn´t work that way, the scandinavian 1.10 patch is made for the ditions of the game that has been translated into Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish.

It doesn´t change what countries you can play.

To change playable nations you have to open the .eug file for the campaign in question (located in Scenarios folder, open with plain text editor)

Then change (f.ex.) ENG to DAN and you should be set to go.

Hope this clears things up.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
:rofl:

It doesn´t work that way, the scandinavian 1.10 patch is made for the ditions of the game that has been translated into Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Finnish.

It doesn´t change what countries you can play.

I have tried it many times it always changes Austria to Denmark as playable (in grand champain). Sometimes it also changes the language, but not every time.

Kaza said:
I have tried it many times it always changes Austria to Denmark as playable (in grand champain). Sometimes it also changes the language, but not every time.

Yes it will, that is part of the 'localization', but it is not the recommended way to change playable nations.. tell you what - just tell me which eight nationsyou want to be playable and I'll make you such a scenario file :)

(Just remember that it will be the playable nations that will have 'golden shields' and thus be proof against annexation)