• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dunhill_BKK

Corporal
21 Badges
Mar 2, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Are there any plots other than attacking another clan? For example, are there economic plots? I've only played the games a few times, but only seen plots to attack other clans. Can we mod the game to make new plots?

There are three plots: attack another clan, break free from your clan, and usurp the clan leader title.

In theory you can add more plots (they're not very hard to script). The problem comes when inviting others to join. This part was tough to do in script and was instead done hard coded, which means if you script a plot and invite someone, they will most likely say no (basically they can't evaluate it). You could potentially script your way around this, doing invites through decisions and events instead.

Ah, thanks, I'd not seen the other two plots types yet, and have been playing too much to read the manual. Would it be easy to script economic plots? That is what I was thinking about. Having clans join up to bankrupt another clan, or remove a set number of funds.

Ah, thanks, I'd not seen the other two plots types yet, and have been playing too much to read the manual. Would it be easy to script economic plots? That is what I was thinking about. Having clans join up to bankrupt another clan, or remove a set number of funds.

The other two plots are only valid for direct vassals of the clan leader, and I'm guessing you've only played clan leaders so far. About making anoher plot: If you're ok with doing the plot event/decision-driven, than it's not a problem scripting it.

I'd like to see a Defensive Pact (or Coalition) plot against a bigger threat. It would provide the pendant of a real balance of power and help smaller powers have a fighting chance against aggressive blobs. Basically the reverse of the attack another clan plot: If declared war upon by a particular power (the bigger, the likelier other small powers would join), it can be triggered and the other plotters would declare war on the target.

There are precedents, most notably the anti-Nobunaga coalition spearheaded by Shogun Ashikaga Yoshiaki in 1571.

Drakken's point, would be great!

Or if a larger clan declares war on you with no plot active the ability to try and convince others to join the war effort and help you. Only one clan at a time or just increasing the chance they will attack (maybe a mad idea but say gifting honour in exchange for help?) but currently if your get attacked by a blob you are just left hoping others will come to your aid.

Drakken's point, would be great!

Or if a larger clan declares war on you with no plot active the ability to try and convince others to join the war effort and help you. Only one clan at a time or just increasing the chance they will attack (maybe a mad idea but say gifting honour in exchange for help?) but currently if your get attacked by a blob you are just left hoping others will come to your aid.

I've had one success in creating a Plot against a clan I was at war with, in the previous version. Only one clan joined me, but it was all I needed to keep the enemy busy.

There was still a problem, however. I (and other clans) had been whittling down the target clan and they were obviously going to lose as I had a lot more power than they did. So it wasn't difficult getting one to join when my Plot power was really high with just myself.

Hopefully the latest update fixes make plotting easier to get rolling than before, but know that it's possible to start a plot against your enemy while they're warring you. ;)

On a different note, but related to the thread title, I'd like to see more non-warring plots. Like Plots to dishonor other land owners or at least clan leaders. That would require a different 'plot strength' calculation, though, such as using the plotters intrigue skill ratings. Some more intrigue Plots, things of this nature.

Yep, non-military plots sound potentially very interesting. Apart from economic ones you could set some things up to affect someone's honour - maybe encouraging a rulers wives to have affairs or advisers to begin siphoning off money to you.

Have fun
Finn