• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sun_Zi_36 said:
I am not sure if that is historically warranted. the 1436 event arose because of 3 main factors: the death of the Emperor Xuan Zong, the rise of the confucian counsels to the new young Emperor Ying Zong, the return of the treasure fleet and subsequent death of Zheng He. in the context of these changing circumstances, a new debate arose of what to do with the treasure fleet after Zheng He's death. out of this 3 plausible choices can be construed: abandon the treasure fleet, continue it at a cheap level, or expand it. these are the 3 choices in the event. To construe into the historical context a plausible choice of abandoning the treasure fleet plus restrict the navy even further i think is going too far because the decision was mainly just about the treasure fleet.
Then for the 1at option you should have revolts in those provinces where the treasure fleet was housed if you chose the 1st option (i can't think offhand which provinces those would be represented in-game as i can remember only some of the port names).

Also was expanding really one of those options if scrapping it and turning even more inward wasn't? I'd think maintaining it at its current level would be a more likely 3rd option.

But in any case this shouldn't be the final descion. The 1525 event can be different based on what choice you made (ie different flags for each choice to fire different path of events).
Sun_Zi_36 said:
well, in that case i think the RR should be reduced bcoz it would mean too much penalty to the province income. But i think the original penalty of revolts is just substituted by income reduction, so it's not necessary to add stability changes.
Ok, but i wonder for the 1st year atleast i'd think the 10% RR wouldn't be that unwaranted for either extrene case since you'd be devoting massive resources either way. Actually i'd make it higher for the shift to land, but i think that would make people even less likely to chose that path.

Okay, I'm about to release the latest compile. However, it will not include your province.csv changes as you have something funky going on in them. I think I know where the crash upon loading errors are coming from in them...you've defined a city but then still have the N/A bit. However, I don't know exactly how many columns need to be removed, and since you changed them, it'd be great if you could get them working for the latest beta.

Jinnai said:
Actually its a bit off topic, but i would like to use 1200 RR for some events. As mentioned, anything about 25-30 will just affect revolt chance anyway, so if the effect is to reduce monthly income by 100% and have many revolts as well, what does it matter then what the RR is?

Because the game clearly has a different idea about what a certain range of RR is supposed to represent.

This was the first thread I visited when trying to see what the fuss over AGCEEP mod was all about, and I have to confess, the idea that anything could have 800 RR turns me off to the whole idea. It sounds like you're fighting the games' mechanisms rather than working with them.

The main problem appears to me to be the same problem as with the native nations in America: The Chinese conception of nationalism and the state is so very different from the European conception.

What you're describing to me doesn't sound like rampant rebellions in provinces that would fit the European definition of "owned."

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, even after reading the thumbnail history, but what it sounds like, from a European POV...

Vietnam is an independent nation which China has Core Shields on... of course *China* will tell you, and history records, that Vietnam is/was a rebellious part of the Empire, but the Vietnamese at the time felt differently. Vietnam resisted total overthrow by China through some convenient "Enthusiasm for the Army" events. If the GC starts in the middle of this war, let China Control - but not Own - some vietnamese provinces, but start with Vietnamese armies already Sieging to reclaim those provinces. If it is an extended "rebellion," one that China is not intended to crush instantly, I'd hint to the AI however possible that accepting Vassalage rather than provinces is the proper way to end the war... then have an event a few years later which allows Vietnam to break vassalage and start up the war again. If Chinese armies were a constant presence down there, feel free to wave that away as where the other half of the province money (that China didn't get through its vassalage) is *really* going for: A game-invisible army of oppressors, AKA: The Vietnamese Government.

Another option would be to take a lesson from the OE's failures in the latest vanilla patches, salt the "core" chinese provinces with three different religions, then make all the client states a fourth religion. It may have an intense desire to conquer the states, but religious tolerance problems will make those states continually revolt away and declare independence. Of course, that'd prolly require recoding religions a little too much, or throwing historical accuracy out the window wrt provincial religion. And it just ensures that China will have revolt problems, not that the revolts will be at all historical.

TBox said:
Was that intended as a refutation, or are you asking that I come up with something else?

I'm just saying that there are reasons why this particular implementation was chosen and you should try it out, if only to give more support to your argument.

The 1200% RR was for one province in japan for less than one year. However this was one of the few wars fought in a major city, in this case the capital and fought constantly. Urban warfare at its most intense. It wasn't some countryside and one-off battle. over 90% of Kyoto was destroyed and never recovered from this in all of EU2 time period atleast.

A guaranteed 1 battle per month would barely scratch the number off all-out battles in the city during that time. These weren't just skirmishes or raids.

Hopefully in the new map i can get rid of this, but right now i can't.

Jinnai said:
A guaranteed 1 battle per month would barely scratch the number off all-out battles in the city during that time. These weren't just skirmishes or raids.

Well, okay, that raises a question. Do EU battles really correlate to RL battles? I know that quashing rebel scum can be done in a few days of game time, but I've seen big battles, on both land and sea, take months of game time to resolve. I've looked over the combat faq, but still am not quite sure what makes some battles take so long to finish.

TBox said:
Well, okay, that raises a question. Do EU battles really correlate to RL battles? I know that quashing rebel scum can be done in a few days of game time, but I've seen big battles, on both land and sea, take months of game time to resolve. I've looked over the combat faq, but still am not quite sure what makes some battles take so long to finish.

Kinda off topic, but EU is actually based on a (mind-bogglingly complicated) board game, so combat really occurs as a series of "dice rolls." Long skermishes and battles on land are fine, but it is a bit of a pain to see naval battles take six months to produce a result - especially since the AI can disembark troops in the meantime. My understanding is that this stays in, because in adapting the game, Paradox undertook not to change the format too drastically...

To keep the post as a whole on topic: China ruuules! Go China! WOOT!!!

yeaaah, :cool:
jay.

Garbon said:
Okay, I'm about to release the latest compile. However, it will not include your province.csv changes as you have something funky going on in them. I think I know where the crash upon loading errors are coming from in them...you've defined a city but then still have the N/A bit. However, I don't know exactly how many columns need to be removed, and since you changed them, it'd be great if you could get them working for the latest beta.
i think the funkiness might be caused by me using an asian operating system when editing the file. if u could change them for me that would be great. the only changes are:
the "area" for provinces 614, 615, 616 and 617 are changed from Amur to Kamchatka;
the culture for provinces 662 and 663 are changed to confucianism; and
the city name for province 1606 is changed to Hami instead of Turpan

TBox said:
Because the game clearly has a different idea about what a certain range of RR is supposed to represent.

This was the first thread I visited when trying to see what the fuss over AGCEEP mod was all about, and I have to confess, the idea that anything could have 800 RR turns me off to the whole idea. It sounds like you're fighting the games' mechanisms rather than working with them.

The main problem appears to me to be the same problem as with the native nations in America: The Chinese conception of nationalism and the state is so very different from the European conception.

What you're describing to me doesn't sound like rampant rebellions in provinces that would fit the European definition of "owned."

I'm not sure what exactly is going on, even after reading the thumbnail history, but what it sounds like, from a European POV...

Vietnam is an independent nation which China has Core Shields on... of course *China* will tell you, and history records, that Vietnam is/was a rebellious part of the Empire, but the Vietnamese at the time felt differently. Vietnam resisted total overthrow by China through some convenient "Enthusiasm for the Army" events. If the GC starts in the middle of this war, let China Control - but not Own - some vietnamese provinces, but start with Vietnamese armies already Sieging to reclaim those provinces. If it is an extended "rebellion," one that China is not intended to crush instantly, I'd hint to the AI however possible that accepting Vassalage rather than provinces is the proper way to end the war... then have an event a few years later which allows Vietnam to break vassalage and start up the war again. If Chinese armies were a constant presence down there, feel free to wave that away as where the other half of the province money (that China didn't get through its vassalage) is *really* going for: A game-invisible army of oppressors, AKA: The Vietnamese Government.

Another option would be to take a lesson from the OE's failures in the latest vanilla patches, salt the "core" chinese provinces with three different religions, then make all the client states a fourth religion. It may have an intense desire to conquer the states, but religious tolerance problems will make those states continually revolt away and declare independence. Of course, that'd prolly require recoding religions a little too much, or throwing historical accuracy out the window wrt provincial religion. And it just ensures that China will have revolt problems, not that the revolts will be at all historical.
first of all, welcome to AGCEEP. I'm glad to hear that this thread most attracted your attention in the forum.

you have made some good points. yes, chinese and european conception of what is owned is different; and yes, in a sense 800 RR seems to be rather odd within the game mechanism.

the model of chinese ownership of vietnamese provinces with RR is chosen because it is the most suitable within the game mechanism. this is because to have vietnamese ownership of the provinces with chinese control will create ahistric results. if china has control of all vietnamese provinces, it will have 100% war score, it will just conclude some kind of peace, probably annex all of Dai Viet's provinces except the capital. there is no incentive in the game for China to continue controlling vietnamese provinces without annexing them. this in itself is ahistorical and will cause further problems if you try to adhere to this model further on.

in relation to 800 RR, actually, before the change of RR mechanisms in v 1.08, the "fall of Ming" sequence for China in the mid 1600s consists of RR of 10% for the entire country, but it is even more like fighting against the game mechanism than the vietnamese revolt risk here. i have tested the vietnamese sequence quite a lot, and i dont think it will be like fighting against the game mechanism as it seems, because it can be controlled, although with substantial effort, and if you are successful in the end you get to regain vietnam as culturally part of china by event, so it's really using game mechanisms to achieve something, rather than working against it.

Hello,

I come from the French AGCEEP translation team and am an acquaintance of Aegnor and YodaMaster. I am particularly interested in Mongolian tribes'history and have therefore decided to take on the writing of several events about Mongolia. My events tend to describe the domestic conflicts between the different Mongolian tribes. However, Yoda told me that a tag was set aside for the Oirats and that Sun_Zi wanted Mongolia to be divided between Oirats and Khalkhas. This is of course a considerable change for my events propositions as well as for my list of Mongolian leaders. This is why I would like that the direction to take would be clearly defined: would Mongolia be affected by "civil war" or would there be two Mongolian nations fighting for hegemony?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Last edited:
I think there's a tag reserved for them, it looks like that in the list. Making the events you suggested would be a good thing as they currently have few.
One of the main reasons for including the Mongols was to have them invade China from time to time, but that has also not been done so far.

Yes, it is PRT for Oirat. And Semi-Lobster found a symbol for Oirat's graphics.

ru-kl_92.gif

Birger did the EGUFSM graphics too (we just lack vanilla ones). See here.

Buddhism in Mongolia

Code:
event = {
id = 115000
        	trigger = { }
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Buddhism Breaks Through in Mongolia"
        	desc = "In 1566, Khutukhtai, the great-nephew of Altan Khan, lord of the Tümets, became converted to Tibetan Buddhism and arranged a meeting between the latter and Seunam Gyamtso. The monk, who is thought of as Tsongkhapa’s third reincarnation, persuaded the Mongolian lord to convert likewise in 1758. Altan Khan then confered him the title of “Dalai-lama”, “dalai” referring to the ocean, and consequently to universality."
        	date = { day = 28 month = june year = 1578 }
        	action_a ={
                	name = "Let us convert to Buddhism"
                	command = { type = religion   which = buddhism }
                	command = { type = provincereligion  which = 596  value = buddhism } #Touva
                	command = { type = provinceculture  which = 596  value = mongol } #Touva
                	command = { type = provincereligion  which = 594  value = buddhism } #Bratsk
                	command = { type = provinceculture  which = 594  value = mongol } #Bratsk
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 590  value = 1 } #Angara
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 591  value = 1 } #Krasnoyarsk
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 592  value = 1 } #Balakhta
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 593  value = 1 } #Tchuma
   	command = { type = relation  which = TIB  value = 200 }
   	command = { type = sleepevent   which = 115002 }  
        	}
        	action_b ={
                	name = "Let us preserve our ancestors’ religion"
               	 command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 596  value = 1 } #Touva
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 594  value = 1 } #Bratsk
                	command = { type = domestic  which = innovative  value = -1 }
                	command = { type = relation  which = TIB  value = -50
	   	command = { type = sleepevent   which = 115001 }  
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115001
        	trigger = {
                	religion = Buddhism
	   	event = 115000
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "End of Religious Upheaval"
        	desc = "In consequence of his conversion to Buddhism, Altan Khan ordered that some religious practises such as human or animal sacrifices would be prohibited. The new religion quickly spread through all the social strata, as Shamanism and Buddhism got intertwined, bringing religious discord to a conclusion."
        	date = { day = 28 month = june year = 1588 }
        	action_a ={ #Ok
                command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 590  value = -1 } #Angara
                command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 591  value = -1 } #Krasnoyarsk
                command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 592  value = -1 } #Balakhta
                command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 593  value = -1 } #Tchuma
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115002
        	trigger = {
                	religion = pagan
	   	event = 115000
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "End of Religious Upheaval"
        	desc = "Nevertheless, Mongolian tribes never really adopted the new religion, despite several attempts to convert them. Under shamanic authority, human and animal sacrifices were maintained, and the last remnants of Buddhist monks were soon swept away."
        	date = { day = 28 month = june year = 1588 }
        	action_a ={ #Ok
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 596  value = -1 } #Touva
                	command = { type = province_revoltrisk  which = 594  value = -1 } #Bratsk
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115003
        	trigger = {
                	religion = buddhism
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Erdeni-Juu Monastery Construction"
        	desc = "Soon after Altan Khan’s conversion, the lord of the Khalkas, Abdai Khan, also became converted to Tibetan Buddhism. As a sign of his faith, he had built Erdeni-Juu Great Monastery (the “Jewel Monastery”), which still exists today."
        	date = { day = 18 month = june year = 1585 }
        	action_a ={
                	name = "Build the Monastery"
                	command = { type = provincereligion  which = 602  value = buddhism } #Selenga
                	command = { type = provinceculture  which = 602  value = mongol } #Selenga
                	command = { type = missionaries  value = 2 }
               	command = { type = stability  value = 1 }
                	command = { type = cash  value = -200 }
	   	command = { type = vp  value = 100 }        
        	}
        	action_b ={
                	name = "Don’t build it"
                	command = { type = missionaries  value = -1 }
                	command = { type = stability  value = -1 }
        	}
}

The Great Tea Road

Code:
event = {
        	id = 115004
        	trigger = {
	   	exists = RUS
	   	atwar = no
	   	NOT = { 
		   	war   = { country = RUS country = CHI }
	    	}	
        	}
        	random = no
       	country = ASS
        	name = "The Great Tea Road"
        	desc = "During the XVIIth century, Russian ambassador Starkoff brought back some tea to the tzar, thereby starting a profitable trade between Russia and China. 
Tea soon became the most popular beverage in Russia and was conveyed along the caravans trading road, which has become part of history under the name of « Great Tea Road ». When the town of Kiakhta was founded, it grew into the biggest wholesale trading center between Asia and Russia as well as a part of Eastern Europe. Tea was carried to Irkutsk, which became a junction for commercial roads between Europe and Asia, then across the Buriat territory and Baikal lake. The caravan would usually peregrinate for more than one year. From Irkutsk, tea was sent out to the markets in Tobolsk, Tiumen, Nijni Novgorod and many other towns, before eventually being dispatched throughout Russia. The Great Tea Road was 9 to 10 000 km long, and held the second place for its turnover, directly following the Silk Road."
        	date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1727 }
        	offset = 30
        	deathdate = { day = 28 month = december  year = 1730 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “The Great Tea Road runs through our lands!”
                	command = { type = cash  value = 200 }
                	command = { type = trade  value = 3000 }
	   	command = { type = infra  value = 1000 }
	   	command = { type = relation  which = RUS  value = 50 }  
	   	command = { type = relation  which = CHI  value = 50 }
	   	command = { type = provincetax   which = 600 value = 2 } #Irkutsk
	   	command = { type = provincetax   which = 602 value = 2 } #Selenga
        	}
}

Others

Code:
event = {
        	id = 115005
        	trigger = {
                	owned  = { province = 604  data = -1 } #Buriat
	   	stability  = 2     
	   	domestic  = { type = serfdom  value = 5 }     
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Buriat Princes"
        	desc = "The Buriats formerly lived in tribes whose members were in majority blood-related. A prince reigned at the head of each tribe and his power was handed down from generation to generation. The lands were at everyone’s disposal, but the cattle was private property. A group of leading princes gradually stood out and got the upper hand over minor princes, who were already exploiting the poorest masses. This resulted, during the XVIIth century, in a Buriat evolution from the communal system to the feudal one."
        	date = { day = 0 month = january  year = 1600 }
        	offset = 180
        	deathdate = { day = 28 month = december  year = 1700 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “Buriat princes seize the power”
	   	command = { type = domestic  which = aristocracy  value = 1 }                
   	command = { type = domestic  which = serfdom  value = 1 }
               	command = { type = provincemanpower  which = 604 value = 2 } #Buriat	   
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115006
        	trigger = { }
        	random = yes
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Anza!"
        	desc = "Some Mongolian tribes used to make bloody reprisals, sanctioning all sorts of crimes, especially murder, with a fine called « anza ». The offence might sometimes be forgiven thanks to an oath that had to be taken in some sacred place, but more generally, there would be a violent execution, should the fine not be paid immediately."
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “Justice shall prevail”                
   	command = { type = cash  value = -50 }
        	}
        	action_b ={
	   	name = “ Let us stop those archaic practises ”                
   	command = { type = domestic  which = centralization  value = 1 }
	   	command = { type = stability  value = -2 }
   	command = { type = revolt  which = -1 }
        	}
}

Oirats in Mongolia

Code:
event = {
        	id = 115007
        	trigger = { 
   	monarch  = 013002
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Oirats Unify Mongolian Tribes"
        	desc = "A large part of the Mongolian tribes has remained unwilling to accept the sovereignty of the Yuan Dynasty who lived mainly to the West side of the Baikal lake and to the North of the Altai. Those Mongolians called 'Oirat' were strangers to the turmoil that shook Genghis Khan’s heirs and which led to the expulsion of the last Yuan emperor in 1638, nevertheless they still represented a power to be reckoned with. Their leader, Esen Toghan Tayisi, began conquering scattered tribes in 1434, and then unified Mongolia under his power."
        	date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1438 }
        	offset = 30
        	deathdate = { day = 28 month = december  year = 1439 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “Mongolia is reunified”
                	command = { type = domestic  which = centralization  value = 2 }                
   	command = { type = stability  value = -1 }
        	action_b ={
	   	name = “Western lands do not matter”
                	command = { type = domestic  which = centralization  value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic  which = aristocracy  value = 1 }
}
}

event = {
        	id = 115008
        	trigger = { }
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Esen Tayisi Captures Chinese Emperor !"
        	desc = "During a military operation in 1449 to the North-West at the Mongolian border, Emperor Zhu Qizhen (Yingzong) was captured by Esen Tayisi’s men, following a dreadful battle which is reported to have caused many deaths. However, Mongolians did not take advantage of their position to rush and conquer China. Yu Qian, the Chinese War Minister, rejected any negociation to free the illustrious prisoner. Eventually released  in 1450, the Emperor had a bad surprise : indeed his brother Zhu Qiy (Shizong) had in the meanwhile arranged his coronation. The dethroned Emperor consequently exchanged his prison for another."
        	date = { day = 22 month = november year = 1449 }
	offset = 0
	deathdate = { day = 23 month = november year = 1449 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “We have captured Emperor Ming !”
                	command = { type = relation  which = CHI value = -100 }
   	command = { type = MIL  which = 1  value = 72 }
   	command = { type = CAV  which = -2  value = 10000 }
   	command = { type = vp  value = 100 }
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115009
        	trigger = { 
   	NOT = {
domestic = { type = centralization  value = 8 }
}
        	}
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
        	name = "Oirats Got Divided"
        	desc = "Esen Tayisi, the hero behind Emperor Ming’s capture, put himself on the throne in 1452, but his reign was short and competed with that of the Mongolian leader, Molon Khan Togus. Esen Tayisi was assassinated in 1455 and his heirs couldn’t hold the tribes together. The Oirats got then divided between three groups : the Jüüngars (Left Hand), after whom Dzungary, an area to the North of the Xinjiang, will be named, the Khoshuuts, and the Torguuts, the latter being also known as Kalmuks."
        	date = { day = 0 month = june year = 1455 }
        	offset = 100
        	deathdate = { day = 28 month = december  year = 1469 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “Every one is free to pitch his yurt wherever he wants”
                	command = { type = centralization  value = -2 }
	   	command = { type = ADM  which = -2  value = 60 }
        	}
        	action_b = {
   	name = “ We must be one people !”
   	command = { type = centralization  value = 1 }
   	command = { type = stability  value = -3 }
   	command = { type = revoltrisk   which = 60 value = 5 }
        	}
}

event = {
        	id = 115010
        	trigger = { }
        	random = no
        	country = ASS
       	name = "The Interregnum"
        	desc = "The last Oirat monarch only led a handful of tribes. When he died in 1470, the Mongolian population was once again split up into dozens of clans fighting for power, cattle, or lands. Western Mongolians threw off the last remains of the Oirat yoke and joined Great Khubilai Khan’s descendants. An exceptional woman, Mandukhai Khatun, took under her wing one of the few survivors of Gengis Khan’s lineage, Batu-Möngke. She put him on the throne, expelled the Oirats from Mongolia, and took on the role of regent. When he reached the age of 18, Batu-Möngke married his adoptive mother and titled himself the Dayan Khan. His reign was incredibly long and allowed Mongolia to enjoy its first period of peace and prosperity since the fall of the last Yuan emperor."
        	date = { day = 0 month = june year = 1470 }
        	action_a ={
	   	name = “Let us expel the Oirat leaders”
                	command = { type = revolt  which = 592 } #Balakhta
		command = { type = revolt  which = 594 } #Bratsk
		command = { type = provincemanpower  which = 601  value = 1 } #Chatga
command = { type = provincemanpower  which = 603  value = 1 } #Ulan Ude
		command = { type = CAV  which = 603  value = 5000 } #Ulan Ude
	}
}

Historical Monarchs

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
id = { type = 6 id = 013000 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1419
		month = january
		day = 0
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1425
	}
	name = "Eseku"
	DIP = 1
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013001 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1425
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1438
	}
	name = "Adai Qa'an"
	DIP = 1
	ADM = 4
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013002 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1438
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1440
	}
	name = "Esen Toghan Tayisi"
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 7
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Unification of Mongolia"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013003 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1440
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1452
	}
	name = "Tayisung Qa'an"
	DIP = 2
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013004 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1452
	}
	deathdate = {
 		          year=1455
		          month = june
		          day = 0
	              }
	name = "Esen Tayisi"
	DIP = 2
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 7
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013005 }
	startdate = {
 		          year=1455
		          month = june
		          day = 0
	              }
	deathdate = {
		year = 1463
	}
	name = "Maqa Kurkis"
	DIP = 2
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 4
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013006 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1463
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1467
	}
	name = "Mandughuli"
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 3
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013007 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1467
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1470
	}
	name = "Bayan Mongke"
	DIP = 2
	ADM = 1
	MIL = 2
	dormant = no
	remark = "End of Oirat rule"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013008 }
	startdate = {
 		          year=1470
		          month = june
		          day = 1
}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1479
	}
	name = "Mandukhaï Khatun (Régente)"
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Restoration of the Gengiskhanids"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013009 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1479
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1543
	}
	name = "Dayan Khan"
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 6
	dormant = no
	remark = "Unification of Mongolia"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013010 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1543
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1583
	}
	name = "Altan Khan"
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Buddhism in Mongolia"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013011 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1583
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1592
	}
	name = "Tumen Jasaghtu"
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 3
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013012 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1592
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1604
	}
	name = "Sechen Khan"
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 3
	dormant = no
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013013 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1604
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1634
	}
	name = "Ligdan Khan"
	DIP = 1
	ADM = 2
	MIL = 3
	dormant = no
	remark = "Beginning of Mandchu supremacy"
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 013014 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1634
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Bogdo Gegeen"
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Spiritual leaders of Mongolia"
}
Bogdo Gegeen were the spiritual leaders of Lamaist Buddhism in Mongolia during the years of Chinese rule. They were regarded as the titular rulers of the Mongol people and played a significant role in administration.

More events to come (wip)...

Last edited:
Jinnai said:
  • RR affects province income in that every 1% of RR means -5% to that province's income.
  • Province RR is cacluated based on year rather than month. So 100% = guaranteed 1 revolt/year rather than 1/revolt month. 1200% theoritcally should give 1/month.
Are we sure these changes apply to both the AI and humans? I understood them to only apply to human players. If this is the case, then everything above 110% or so has virtually no effect on the AI.

You did the right thing by pointing out that your events had not been commented on. Unfortunatley it oftens happen for less known areas. :(
I have read it, and it looks great :D , and could be submitted right away, to get into 1.41.

My only comment:
115007, within the desc, you cannot use "" as it will end it. Write 'Oirat'.

Go here: http://www.katica.org/cer28/eu2_cgi/eventcheck.cgi to make sure there's not something we missed in the syntax.
I look forward to reading the rest!

Along with Asa's events, culture of all provinces owned by Mongolia should be mongol instead of altaï as discussed with Garbon. Culture changes in Asa's events won't be necessary then.
Another interesting point (Asa's idea) is to have Djagdi (610) and Chilka (611) known by Mongolia.
With this setup, if Nerchinnsk is colonized by China or Manchus, Mongolia can send an army and discover Nerchiinsk and since Norsk is a known province, Mongolia will have a full corridor to invade China. If Mongolia doesn't colonize Djagdi or Chilka (the most important), China can't do the same (historical) and won't be able to reach Mongolia without a conquistador.

Only problem is I don't know if AI is able to discover foreign provinces with armies only (no conquistador). If it is the case, this setup is interesting but if not, Mongolia should know Nerchiinsk too but will have a full known corridor to China from start in 1419. Affordable?

Another point (bug), 1520 scenario for Manchus should at least match provinces known by Manchus in 1419 but this is not the case for Siberian provinces. I will fix this bug.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Only problem is I don't know if AI is able to discover foreign provinces with armies only (no conquistador). If it is the case, this setup is interesting but if not, Mongolia should know Nerchiinsk too but will have a full known corridor to China from start in 1419. Affordable?
yes AI can do it. army in every level can discover TI provs that owned by other. often see that when in war condition.AI discover and get blocked couse have no MA and must turn around to find another route :D

Last edited: